Plane Spotting - The Quiz

David48

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Jumbo 747 for me. 'Queen of the Skies'

I bet there's plenty of trolly dollies out there working for the like of Qantas & British Airways who would question that ascertion :P

(and I'll get my coat... hahaha) :P

Yep. I am sure you are right MrSmith.

I wonder what the pilots like?

P51 Mustang. Cadillac of the Skies.

It is an artist impression of the new "Low cost Terminal" in KL.

It is now 90% but with no opening date yet.

It is a complete fiasco, running more than twice over budget, the CEO of Air Asia claiming due to gross corruption and mass incompetence..... and this is going to make the terminal not cheap to use. It is going to be called KLIA2.

post-171671-0-40273800-1375403580_thumb.

It is an artist impression of the new "Low cost Terminal" in KL.

It is now 90% but with no opening date yet.

It is a complete fiasco, running more than twice over budget, the CEO of Air Asia claiming due to gross corruption and mass incompetence..... and this is going to make the terminal not cheap to use. It is going to be called KLIA2.

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gsexy-asian-terminal.jpg

Flew through the LCCT on Tuesday ... same same.

I was in transit. Maybe 6 staff doing the check (boarding pass, passport etc) ... but only 1 security scanner ... needless to say, about 40 mins to get through.

If the train runs to the current KL International Terminal, and considering that it's less then 1 kilometre away ... why is there no connection between the LCCC and the International Terminal, so that a passenger could take the train, instead of the crappy bus?

Or have I got it wrong?

Because the KLIA authorities don't want the peasants spoiling the KL Ekspres tongue.png

"No Ball", the umpire said loudly.

Then Shane Watson asked for a review of the decision... and it was... Oh wait... Wrong thread :P

Enjoy. Day 2!

Flew through the LCCT on Tuesday ... same same.

I was in transit. Maybe 6 staff doing the check (boarding pass, passport etc) ... but only 1 security scanner ... needless to say, about 40 mins to get through.

If the train runs to the current KL International Terminal, and considering that it's less then 1 kilometre away ... why is there no connection between the LCCC and the International Terminal, so that a passenger could take the train, instead of the crappy bus?

Or have I got it wrong?

David - just missed you by a day, also went through the LCCT the other day.

The new terminal CLB posted above will have a train connection - the current KLIA Ekspres will pass through KLIA and terminate at KLIA 2. Track work is mostly done now. They had a long term plan to replace the LCCT with the new KLIA 2 so they didn't bother with the train.

I've stopped using the bus from the LCCT into KL Sentral. Much better option is the KLIA Transit ticket which gets you a nice bus between the LCCT and Salak Tinggi station (first one after KLIA as you head towards the city. Then the KLIA Transit train the rest of the way.

April 2014 now the proposed opening date for KLIA2 - and looking at the terminal works seems achievable. Lets hope - can't wait until the LCCT is consigned into history....

Thanks for that.

I did do the bus/train one time and it was good ... but surprised the distance that the bus had to drive to connect with the rail line.

If they better the link as you have suggested above I might overnight in KL more often.

Oh, when I chose my seat to fly from OOL, I picked 14A (they omit the #13)

How disappointed I was when I sat and discovered that I was the one seat forward of the Planes main egress point and I had no window, and a limited recline ... but how happy I was when the 2 other seats remained vacant and I could spread out, so to speak.

Plus, for some lovely reason, the eye candy did have allocated seats near.

So, what was destined to be a cramped sightless flight, turned out to be quite enjoyable ... laugh.png

I'm actually a fan of KLIA.. Love the biometric scanning.. Wham bam thank you ma'am..

What I don't like is the satellite terminal connectivity... This is certainly offset by the MH lounge in said terminal BUT nonetheless...

KL Ekspres is certainly the way to travel, trumps any other transport into the near CBD area.

I will most definitely fly MH where I can continue to enjoy these experiences.

The taxi thingo from KLIA is cheaper but takes a freakin eternity.

I'm actually a fan of KLIA.. Love the biometric scanning.. Wham bam thank you ma'am..

What I don't like is the satellite terminal connectivity... This is certainly offset by the MH lounge in said terminal BUT nonetheless...

KL Ekspres is certainly the way to travel, trumps any other transport into the near CBD area.

I will most definitely fly MH where I can continue to enjoy these experiences.

The taxi thingo from KLIA is cheaper but takes a freakin eternity.

I'm a big fan of KLIA as well. Love the air space of the place plus the train to downtown.

There is in fact a wonderful airport most people don't know about downtown.

Simpang Air Base is home to the Royal Selangor Flying Club and allows those of us with private pilots licenses the chance to land and take of and get views like this.

m_KualaLumpurCessna172006.jpgKualaLumpurCessna172001.jpgKualaLumpurCessna172015.jpg