Big Bike Ban In Khao Yai

Whale

Seems big bikes have been, or are being, banned from Khao Yai. There was an announcement yesterday from the regional DNP Office.

There are no specific details that I have been able to find as of yet other than it is specific to Khao Yai.

edit

nation included a footnote about it this morning also................

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Booze-ban-loosened-in-parks-30196865.html

Edited by Whale

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems big bikes have been, or are being, banned from Khao Yai. There was an announcement yesterday from the regional DNP Office.

There are no specific details that I have been able to find as of yet other than it is specific to Khao Yai.

edit

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Booze-ban-loosened-in-parks-30196865.html

I honestly can not see how they can ban a legal vehicle from using public roads. But TIT.

Wildlife being run over. <deleted> by noisy bikes.... jeeze the wildlife must be deaf :P

sent from my Q6

Edited by thaicbr
  • Like 1

First they increased bike tax then this ban followed.

<deleted> is going on in Thailand?

Did they forget the fact that they establish and build this nation on bikes?

Do they start to feel ashame of bikes and their roots now?

I hope they do not ban them nationwide just to sell more cars:lol:

Lets do a bike roll to kao yai with a 1000 bikes so they can consider again. Lets uprise!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

Can't see ti myself.

How are bikes supposed to get to the Bonnanza Race Track situated in the heart of the park??

If they are banning bikes, then they should also ban cars and trucks with straight through exhaust systems which are much louder than our bikes.....

• Like 1

Can't see ti myself.

How are bikes supposed to get to the Bonnanza Race Track situated in the heart of the park??

If they are banning bikes, then they should also ban cars and trucks with straight through exhaust systems which are much louder than our bikes.....

There is no race track located inside the Khao Yai National park. I guess you are talking about this Bonanza race track. You can reach it from the north. No need to cross the park.

I guess this is the main problem they are fighting at the moment in Khao Yai. Many people coming to Khao Yai (or crossing it) without knowing what a National Park is and what purpose it serves. It isn't a big weekend adventure playground for stressed people from the city. Its a place for nature and animals to have a last place to live in peace.

Bikers are not the only group that is affected by new restrictions. I heard that most walking tracks are now closed for the public, and are only allowed to be used if you ask for permission before starting a tour. Many water places now have signs "No Swimming", where it was allowed a few years ago. Seems that its getting too much visitors and they feel the need to do something.

Wikipedia, Khao Yai National Park:

"Recent wildlife studies show that animal ranges, particularly the few resident tigers, are impacted by human activity near the center of the park."

• Like 1

Excessive noise does disturb the wildlife - but of course they should also ban the noisy Camper parties and the Red Shirt rallies.

Patrick

Excessive noise does disturb the wildlife - but of course they should also ban the noisy Camper parties and the Red Shirt rallies.

Patrick

.. and small bikes with aftermarket exhausts...

Can't see ti myself.

It's a longstanding prejudice... as for the race circuit... they just banned without thought, research or consultation - as usual. Some idiot thinks that the bigger the engine, the noisier the bike must be... so how big are car engines? Doh!

Can't see ti myself.

Correct. They should ban loud exhausts not big bikes. According to this, Somchai in his late 90's lowered Honda Accord with 19 inch wheels and the rainbow pipe is fine. Some guy on a stock, low emissions 650R is banned. It doesn't make sense but to be honest I gave up expecting logic here quite a while ago... I very much doubt this will be enforced anyway. Carry on....

• Like 1

Well I suppose it had to come. Kao Yai is a magnet for big bikes.

What is the speed limit in the park? Anyone ever obey it? I don't think any of the guys in the small group I used to ride with ever did. So probably most guys still don't Well at least away from prying eyes. 5 or 6 bikes and we never saw any others.

This was before local ER6's and Big Bike Honda et al. so the volume of yahoos has gone up dramatically. Then there are the local or cheap after market pipes.

I know of at least one guy north of but outside the park on a "nice" road that says the volume of bikes and the volume of the sound has gone up a huge amount. He claims he cannot relax outside on weekends as every few minutes "Valentino Rossi"" goes by. he is a bit of a moaner but the problem is getting worse.

Same all over the world, a few spoil it for the many.

This off course doesn't address the PCX's or ... with after market pipes.

• Like 1

Can't see ti myself.

Correct. They should ban loud exhausts not big bikes. According to this, Somchai in his late 90's lowered Honda Accord with 19 inch wheels and the rainbow pipe is fine. Some guy on a stock, low emissions 650R is banned. It doesn't make sense but to be honest I gave up expecting logic here quite a while ago... I very much doubt this will be enforced anyway. Carry on....

By far and away the loudest most god awful sound I have ever heard is form the CBR250 race prep'ed bikes, jeeeeesus they are loud. Totally agree with the noise levels of a stock ER6, just the tyre noise of a car running low profile clad 19" rims would have drowned out the sound of my stock exhaust.

I do also agree that such parks are a place of peace and tranquility, a sound test on vehicles entering the park would be perfect and stop the Valentinos from entering but that of course would take time, effort and money...... Would the staff at the gates be prepared to refuse pocket money, opps I mean entrance money??

edit

http://www.nationmul...s-30196865.html

I honestly can not see how they can ban a legal vehicle from using public roads. But TIT.

Wildlife being run over. <deleted> by noisy bikes.... jeeze the wildlife must be deaf tongue.png

sent from my Q6

How can the wildlife be getting run over if the noise of our bikes is scaring it all 'away'? :D

Patrick

The families of monkeys love coming out to watch the bikes go past. Every time i see them it's as if it's the highlight of their day :D

I do also agree that such parks are a place of peace and tranquility, a sound test on vehicles entering the park would be perfect and stop the Valentinos from entering but that of course would take time, effort and money...... Would the staff at the gates be prepared to refuse pocket money, opps I mean entrance money??

I suspect there will Police points set up at the entrances, maybe weekends and holidays only, and all of a bikes particulars will be checked including registration. Theres still a major percentage of "big bikes" in Thailand without full and legal documentation.

This was put forward once before but not implemented.

Edited by Whale
  • Like 1

Frankly, can't blame the park folks. If I had to blame somebody it would be our friends on Harleys with their straight pipes. This causes a lot of dislike for bikers in the US as well. Some people do not care for the gratuitous noise that sets off car alarms, etc. I have noticed a recent explosion in these super loud [and expensive] bikes here in LOS -- or maybe it's just the season.

I remember attending bike rallies in the US (mixed brands). There was always a clutch of Harley guys up early in the motel parking lot standing beside their their fired up bikes twisting the throttles. Here, I have roosters for that job.

• Like 2

Well I suppose it had to come. Kao Yai is a magnet for big bikes.

What is the speed limit in the park? Anyone ever obey it? I don't think any of the guys in the small group I used to ride with ever did. So probably most guys still don't Well at least away from prying eyes. 5 or 6 bikes and we never saw any others.

This was before local ER6's and Big Bike Honda et al. so the volume of yahoos has gone up dramatically. Then there are the local or cheap after market pipes.

I know of at least one guy north of but outside the park on a "nice" road that says the volume of bikes and the volume of the sound has gone up a huge amount. He claims he cannot relax outside on weekends as every few minutes "Valentino Rossi"" goes by. he is a bit of a moaner but the problem is getting worse.

Same all over the world, a few spoil it for the many.

This off course doesn't address the PCX's or ... with after market pipes.

Now the ban starts to make sense. if this place is becoming a meeting place for big bike bikers, I guess you can rest assured it won't lead to a national ban.

Unfortunately, I could see this coming.

Companies and private groups have been using the road through Khao Yai as a place to take journos and ride their latest models in large groups of sometimes up to 50. Private riders, often in informal bike runs of 10 or more, always use this road. It has got out of hand.

The answer is probably speed humps and lots of them.

I wonder if I will be allowed to camp there on my CBR 150 R now. blink.png

Lets do a bike roll to kao yai with a 1000 bikes so they can consider again. Lets uprise!

Seems like the big bike policy is turning into 'please build them here even though we'd prefer you not to ride them here'.

Unfortunately, I could see this coming.

Companies and private groups have been using the road through Khao Yai as a place to take journos and ride their latest models in large groups of sometimes up to 50. Private riders, often in informal bike runs of 10 or more, always use this road. It has got out of hand.

The answer is probably speed humps and lots of them.

I wonder if I will be allowed to camp there on my CBR 150 R now. blink.png

Speed bumps might stop some from going but those that still visit the parks on their bikes might make even more noise due to having to stop/start all the time instead of just cruising. :)

Seems like the big bike policy is turning into 'please build them here even though we'd prefer you not to ride them here'.

Money rules the world. Same as they like foreigners as long as they don't want to stay permanently smile.png

If there is a ban than its mainly a result of the loud pipes and reckless driving. They tried to fight it with speed bumps, but it hasn't worked it seems. Now they are removing most of the bumps. I guess they may caused accidents and raised the noise level, as many people accelerate hard after such speed bump to get speed again.

> Lets do a bike roll to kao yai with a 1000 bikes so they can consider again. Lets uprise!

But please first mount an aftermarket pipe to your new bike to get the right sound in the twisties thumbsup.gif

> Lets do a bike roll to kao yai with a 1000 bikes so they can consider again. Lets uprise!

But please first mount an aftermarket pipe to your new bike to get the right sound in the twisties thumbsup.gif

LOL, yeah the louder the exhaust the more time 'wildlife' has to run before it gets 'runover'

Yes I know it's an immature joke, maybe i've had too much sugar today and it's only 11am....

I can easily understand it. BUT, excessive noise certainly isn't limited to big bikes. Trying to enjoy a few beers at my favorite mountain watering hole is marred by the kids trying to make as much noise as possible with their modified 100 cc scooters. This is just another silly rule made by the unthinking Thai politicians.

• Like 1

Gary A

I don't think you understand the extent of what is happening. You have club runs of 50 modified Honda Click's sponsored by some company ripping up and down the road running through Thailand's showcase National Park. It has got way out of hand. They are using the fact that the road has no trucks on it and virtually no side roads to turn it into a very attractive test track.

The ruling has not been made by a politician but by the head of the National Park, i.e. a civil servant.