Akon Finally Confirmed For Patong Beach In 3 Days

byrne1916

Some of you guys sound so old commenting about how you can't understand how a DJ could make music, or the music today sucks, etc.

You sound like my father when I was 13 and the Beatles were just getting popular.

C'mon, the music that started back then hasn't changed much at all in the last 50 years and now, there's a change in the air and so, the old guys are complaining.

I think it's a good thing and am ready for new styles, whether they are rap, reggae, house, trance, dub, or rock.

Or some high dollar DJ's creating their own mixes of all of them.

As long as it's not jazz. tongue.png

There IS an art to what they do. If you don't believe me, download some DJ program (some decent ones are free), and try it yourself. Post your results here if you think they are good enough

I wonder how many locals at Woodstock said they aren't going to hear that drug induced music they call rock when Jimi Hendrix, 10 Years After, and Carlos Santana, plus so many folk singers were slated to play. And probably most of those, now wish they would've gone.

Anyway, I do agree that they waited a little long to get started and it could be a bit of a disaster.

But I still wish them (the promoters, artists, and party-ers) luck in pulling this off.

I have to agree i'm sure there is a professionalism and art to what these performers do, but the Beatles, hendrix, santana, clapton, floyd, Zepplin, beach boys, sat mostly in a 4 or 8 track simple tape recorder studios, the simplest of effects and it was pure talent, inspiration and genius that we listen to 40 and 50 years later and think, Wow.

The acid test will be in 50 years will any artists of today be remembered like our hero's

I think Akon does play with real season player musicians and DJ's, basement jaxx are a great dance band with real musicians and DJ's, seen them years ago when they where quite big in the UK.

i'm waiting in anticipation to see if the event does come off guitar.gifguitar.gifguitar.gif

Edited by britpop

I have to agree i'm sure there is a professionalism and art to what these performers do, but the Beatles, hendrix, santana, clapton, floyd, Zepplin, beach boys, sat mostly in a 4 or 8 track simple tape recorder studios, the simplest of effects and it was pure talent, inspiration and genius that we listen to 40 and 50 years later and think, Wow.

The acid test will be in 50 years will any artists of today be remembered like our hero's

I still don't understand how anyone could call the list of the artists you mentioned as heroes.

At their time, the artists did get the girls moist which resulted ugly boys to get laid. That's all great. But their music is great only within the memories of the ugly boys who are now pretty old men.. and those who were influenced by those old drums.

Santana is still good, I admit that, but Beatles, Hendrix, Clapton.. no. Those did not influence my chances.

Who's akon?

He's an American (born Saint Louis) who claims to be Sudanese and sings rubbish in a Carribean accent.

whistling.gif

Aliaune Damala Badara Akon Thiam born Saint Louise, Senegal.

With 31 Music awards since 2003 with over 300 guest appearances and more than 35 Billboard Hot 100 songs. He has worked with numerous performers such as Michael Jackson, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Whitney Houston, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Gwen Stefani and many more artists. He has had five Grammy Awards nominations and has produced many hits for artists such as Lady Gaga, Colby O'Donis, Kardinal Offishall, Leona Lewis etc. Lady Gaga, T-Pain and many other artists who were given their chance at fame by Akon.

I think possibly he is probably worthy of Patong beach unless there are some bigger acts performing on NYE? Please inform me if there is and I'll make plans immediately.

Who's Eminem, Snop dugg, Bone-N-Harmsway, Gwen Stefany, ColdODonis, Ksrkinal Offshore, Leo Gerry Lewis and T-pain?

blank.gif

Alcohol banned at Phuket Sydictive megaparty

PHUKET: There will be no alcohol allowed inside the Sydictive Element party, said Phuket Provincial Police Commander Maj Gen Choti Chavalviwat today after a meeting of police chiefs from every police station in Phuket, held at Kathu Police Station.

PHUKET: There will be no alcohol allowed inside the Sydictive Element party, said Phuket Provincial Police Commander Maj Gen Choti Chavalviwat today after a meeting of police chiefs from every police station in Phuket, held at Kathu Police Station.

no drinking on new years eve??? and u have to pay 2,500 for what again???

I still don't understand how anyone could call the list of the artists you mentioned as heroes.

At their time, the artists did get the girls moist which resulted ugly boys to get laid. That's all great. But their music is great only within the memories of the ugly boys who are now pretty old men.. and those who were influenced by those old drums.

Santana is still good, I admit that, but Beatles, Hendrix, Clapton.. no. Those did not influence my chances.

your 100% correct music does stir up memories, but the 3 artists you've discarded influenced and changed the path of modern music culture, again it's subjective and to you they really didn't do it for you but to later artists they were there inspiration.

would music be the same today if the beatles hadn't of come along????, who knows. but just on the technical studio side of things, they pushed engineers, technicians to do things that had never been done before. so credit where credits due!!!!!

Hendrix and Clapton, these guys are the grandfathers of modern guitar playing, i can't think of one guitar player that wouldn't mention one of these as a source of inspiration, no one had seen a guitar played like that before Hendrix come along, Clapton has done it all.

today artists sit in a 5-10-15-20 million $ studio, record some great music and sounds, but strip that studio away, take the racks of effects away, take the season players away and say go and now do it live, i agree you don't have to be able to play a instrument to be inspirational or creative, but all ours hero's could!!!! and thats why there are even better guitar players today, drummers are so technical now, equipment is so fantastic and reliable, so i think the old guys did do there bit for today's modern music coffee1.gif

There is not a single one of these "Superstars" who would make me try to visit that party. I guess I will be able to hear the noise from my home anyway... sad.png

I'm sorry that you'll have to put up with the noise! I really don't understand how playing CD's or records makes a DJ a "superstar." I guess I'm old and worked as an audio engineer for too many real "superstars" to understand...

You have certainly nailed it with that comment 'still a beach bum'

blank.gif

A New Year's Eve party in one of Thailand's busiests locations and no alcohol allowed inside? lol I hope there is a huge note on the tickets and at all the entrance gates to let the people know before they purchase...

Who's akon?

He's an American (born Saint Louis) who claims to be Sudanese and sings rubbish in a Carribean accent.

whistling.gif

Aliaune Damala Badara Akon Thiam born Saint Louise, Senegal.

With 31 Music awards since 2003 with over 300 guest appearances and more than 35 Billboard Hot 100 songs. He has worked with numerous performers such as Michael Jackson, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Whitney Houston, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Gwen Stefani and many more artists. He has had five Grammy Awards nominations and has produced many hits for artists such as Lady Gaga, Colby O'Donis, Kardinal Offishall, Leona Lewis etc. Lady Gaga, T-Pain and many other artists who were given their chance at fame by Akon.

I think possibly he is probably worthy of Patong beach unless there are some bigger acts performing on NYE? Please inform me if there is and I'll make plans immediately.

Who's Eminem, Snop dugg, Bone-N-Harmsway, Gwen Stefany, ColdODonis, Ksrkinal Offshore, Leo Gerry Lewis and T-pain?

Multi platinum grammy award winning artists from the 90's and 00's

Stop the press " i can confirm the floating stage has arrived", a barge like stage has turned up in patong beach/ harbor, already set up with speakers and lights, it could well be the biggest floating stage ever. patong beach road is closed off and 2-3 metre corrugated metal barriers erected (not see through), portable toilets, ATM's.only the Thai's could leave it to the 11th hour and get away with it. i can hear them now doing sound checks, looks like i've the best seat in the house and it's free and my fridge is full of beer, if i can find a Indian curry then i'm set. sorry no pictures yet, will post later!!!!

There is not a single one of these "Superstars" who would make me try to visit that party. I guess I will be able to hear the noise from my home anyway... sad.png

I'm sorry that you'll have to put up with the noise! I really don't understand how playing CD's or records makes a DJ a "superstar." I guess I'm old and worked as an audio engineer for too many real "superstars" to understand...

GOMS only need to check here and pickup new recruits.

http://www.phuketgoms.org/

So you enjoy electronic hypno "music?" I thought music actually involved the playing of an instrument or singing. Even Ray Charles said that rap wasn't music!

I agree 100% please don't call electronic sounds, produced through a computer program, music.

Music is produced by musicians who have put in the time and effort to master a musical instrument, the kids (and some adults) are actually buying this electronic crap.

Also, real music is like candy, discard the rappers!

violin.gifguitar.gif