Advice Needed Urgently To Kill Ants!

susanschwaiger

It is strange with these fantastic methods some of you suggest. You do mean still that the ants are having a memory and remember i.e. Borax - " Oh shit no guys, we cannot go in there.. let´s move on to the next falang" . Is this what you suggest?

Otherwise you need to do this stuff with borax and the other products on a regular basis your whole life out. I do not have a problem with different means of killing the ant, but dont say to other people that you do it just once or twice and than all is fine, because that is a lie.

Ants are here, will always be here, and they will probably inherit the earth... One good thing what concerns the bed and the rest of the household is to be very clean and never let remains of our meals stay there for hours on our tables, THAT drags ant´s to our homes.

We can minimize the problem by stoping eating in bed. An ant can smell a piece ever so small from over 1 meter away and drags to it like a magnet. 1 meter for a ant is over 900 meter for us humans.... Can we smell food 900 meter away....

glegolo

of course it is a never ending story...lol

I believe the theory with borax solutions is that they take the latter back to the nest and feed it to their babies?

Of course if it is 800 meters away they may need to take a bus or borrow your motorbike or they may go to the big anthill in the sky before they get chez ant.

.....eating in bed ..don't think the babe sits eating salt and vinegar Pringles and watching Sesame Street yet, although I suspect that all babies being horrible smelly little things ...........I guess one could keep the baby in the fridge?sick.gif

• Like 1

Try to get hold of Ant repellent granules.You can get it in many different shops and I found it the most effective as the little buggers take the granules back to their hide and then the colony gets wiped out.

Should work wonders thumbsup.gif !!

Would this work with the very very tiny ants? You know, the ones that appear from nowhere if you forget to clean the kitchen table.

Try to get hold of Ant repellent granules.You can get it in many different shops and I found it the most effective as the little buggers take the granules back to their hide and then the colony gets wiped out.

Should work wonders thumbsup.gif !!

Would this work with the very very tiny ants? You know, the ones that appear from nowhere if you forget to clean the kitchen table.

Yes, it does. I used to crush the granules when I had infestation of tiny ants, just to make it easier for them. Then one time when I was fighting an infestation of larger ants -- so I didn't crush the granules -- I saw some tiny ones carrying away bits of granules. Apparently they can pinch off manageable sized pieces. Less work for me!

Also, for the saucers under the furniture legs, you can use vinegar to avoid the mosquito issue.

If you little one sleeps in a cot there is a simple solution.

Put a saucer of water underneath every leg of the cot, ant's can't swim..

There are loads of commercial available products of course, but this one really works.

I'd do this, but use cooking oil as it doesn't evaporate. Its not poisonous and will keep ant out of the cut - make sure it doesn't touch the wall or anything else which can forma bridge - ants can find their way in if there is any way.

I don't really want to start a separate thread because it's still about pests.

I find the geckos are more annoying than ants. They shit all over the floor and kitchen benches and they can easily wriggle their way into closed windows and fly screens. It's not often I can sight them as they're so good at hiding and even if I catch a few and throw them out it's not long before new ones take up residence.

Any ideas about keeping these guys away?

I find the geckos are more annoying than ants. They shit all over the floor and kitchen benches and they can easily wriggle their way into closed windows and fly screens. It's not often I can sight them as they're so good at hiding and even if I catch a few and throw them out it's not long before new ones take up residence.

I have hours of fun with geckos. Sitting at my desk, I use a laser pointer and have them running around like nutters trying to catch the glow bug. Sometimes I have the girls (teenage daughters) in fits of laughter making the the little lizards run around in circles.

I don't really want to start a separate thread because it's still about pests. I find the geckos are more annoying than ants. They shit all over the floor and kitchen benches and they can easily wriggle their way into closed windows and fly screens. It's not often I can sight them as they're so good at hiding and even if I catch a few and throw them out it's not long before new ones take up residence. Any ideas about keeping these guys away?

I have always heard that you want to have those geckos in your house. They eat many of the "bad bugs". I have relatives that live in Hawaii (local family in Hawaii for generations) and they always have some geckos in the house. Told me they are one of the best bug control friends you can have. I've got at least two of the small "jing-jok" geckos in my room and I have not noticed a huge gecko-shit problem. Maybe I just don't have enough of them! biggrin.png

I don't really want to start a separate thread because it's still about pests. I find the geckos are more annoying than ants. They shit all over the floor and kitchen benches and they can easily wriggle their way into closed windows and fly screens. It's not often I can sight them as they're so good at hiding and even if I catch a few and throw them out it's not long before new ones take up residence. Any ideas about keeping these guys away?

I have always heard that you want to have those geckos in your house. They eat many of the "bad bugs". I have relatives that live in Hawaii (local family in Hawaii for generations) and they always have some geckos in the house. Told me they are one of the best bug control friends you can have. I've got at least two of the small "jing-jok" geckos in my room and I have not noticed a huge gecko-shit problem. Maybe I just don't have enough of them! biggrin.png

I'd rather control the bugs myself. I have good fly screens so there's not too many bugs - I don't know what they eat. I wish they would eat ants.

• Like 1

I have hours of fun with geckos. Sitting at my desk, I use a laser pointer and have them running around like nutters trying to catch the glow bug. Sometimes I have the girls (teenage daughters) in fits of laughter making the the little lizards run around in circles.

Maybe he can become a new age Pied Piper. Dance the laser around the condo until all the geckos are chasing the laser, then march them out onto the balcony, then shine the laser onto a balloon you previously put outside the balcony, the total population of Geckos will leap for the balloon and plunge to their demise.

• Like 1