No Water -- North Part Of Ubon?

RichinThailand

Early morning Saturday and NO WATER. Checked meter, and zero water flowed overnight. This is starting to be serious...can't flush toilets, can't cook much, and no shower water. I think it is time for the local agency to get off the dime and fix whatever is wrong. I'm sure if it was the mayor's home without water that there would be serious action to provide water service!!

hey rich,

i heard this morning that a large dump truck 12 wheeler apparently struck a major water-main near

or around Home-Pro several days ago causing the water stoppage. One of our neighbor stated that her

brother's house near Home-Mart is without water for the past 3 days.

Looks like their will be nobody to fix the problem over the drunk holidays.

Sorry no phone number. It just appeared which has occurred before when their was an expected long wait for water. Truck is from local administrative organization.

You might try getting in touch with local village head or some government admin organization.

Edited by ubonjoe

A local journalist said the main water pipe is fixed but the filter isn't done. Should start seeing water soon if not already. I'm not at home at the moment to check.

Interesting reading these lack-of-water posts. Having lived in Ubon for almost 20 years I humbly suggest that each household have at least 3000-4000 litre water holding tanks. I do and I only live 500 metres from the water treatment plant. Filter the city water through a filter and then into your holding tank from which your pump reticulates it around the house. Every morning check that the city water is running. That way, your tanks should hold enough water for about 5-7 days if you do not wash clothes.

Another small thing not on the topic but written in a post above. Homemart. Which Homemart? Homemart is a chain. Be specific. If it is Homemart on Jaensatnit road it is Srimahachai Homemart. There are several Homemarts in Ubon and out of town.

The water is back on in North Ubon. It seems to be flowing in at a normal pace, so hope all is well. I have the tank, but also have a yard, pets, etc., all of which take water. I haven't been checking everyday to see if the city water is flowing, but guess I will have to start. Be nice if there was some notice when the water shuts off!

The water is back on in North Ubon. It seems to be flowing in at a normal pace, so hope all is well. I have the tank, but also have a yard, pets, etc., all of which take water. I haven't been checking everyday to see if the city water is flowing, but guess I will have to start. Be nice if there was some notice when the water shuts off!

There is never any notice. You must check every day. For me it is easy. The house water flows into a tank through a filter. The garden taps are directly from the street. Every single morning and evening I water pot plants and sections of my garden so I know straight away if the water isn't running. If you are able, I suggest getting a back-up system of underground water for the garden and outside watering.

Do you need to filter it? How's it compare to the city line in quality?

We already have one tank for city water but a well would be nice for watering and the rare occasion the city water turns off.

I had it drilled a few weeks ago I'm not using it yet as have not built a house yet just required when I plant some trees. It smells clean and looks clean I would use for showers and washing but for drinking will need to be tested and then find what filter needed.

As for a pump normally at 12meter water table you will need a deep well pump they look same as the picture you have but just different set up to run in the hole normally cost about 8,000bt, when I say the hole is drilled to 12meters the water table is at about 4 meters so the pump you have will work. If you want the drillers phone number let me know.

I also live in Ubon and my house uses both city and groundwater. I know over time the groundwater will discolour the porcelain toilet. We use the groundwater water all the plants and trees around the house. The city water is used in the bathroom. We still buy water for drinking

I also live in Ubon and my house uses both city and groundwater. I know over time the groundwater will discolour the porcelain toilet. We use the groundwater water all the plants and trees around the house. The city water is used in the bathroom. We still buy water for drinking

Over time the city water will also discolour the porcelain toilet. That is why my city water runs through a large commercial filter into my holding tank. Every 6-8 weeks I backwash the filter out and you should see the crap. Takes me about 20 minutes of back washing to get the system clean. And this is the city water. Full of sand and dirt. I think it is pumped straight up from the Mun river. I don't buy drinking water. Instead I put my house water (which has already gone through the commercial filter and holding tank) through an Amway water filter in my kitchen. Beautiful tasting water.

My groundwater is used for the garden but it runs out every January. Even though my pipe is down 20 metres, I now have apartments in front and behind me who have put their groundwater pipes down 40 metres taking my supply.

That would be our setup. How many meters is your well?

My well is down 12mtrs the water table at the moment is about 4 meters so any pump will work, as the water table drops during the dry season you might need the other pump that will pump from 12meters or deeper. The number for the well driller is 0819670484 he will normally quote 6,500bt for 4" pvc down when you hit good water. He did say if we run out he will come back and re drill for free.I'm back in Samui now so will not use for a while.

Over time the city water will also discolour the porcelain toilet. That is why my city water runs through a large commercial filter into my holding tank. Every 6-8 weeks I backwash the filter out and you should see the crap. Takes me about 20 minutes of back washing to get the system clean. And this is the city water. Full of sand and dirt. I think it is pumped straight up from the Mun river. I don't buy drinking water. Instead I put my house water (which has already gone through the commercial filter and holding tank) through an Amway water filter in my kitchen. Beautiful tasting water.

My groundwater is used for the garden but it runs out every January. Even though my pipe is down 20 metres, I now have apartments in front and behind me who have put their groundwater pipes down 40 metres taking my supply.

Do you think a system where you can capture rain water could be used as an alternative system. I don't know if rain water would be a cleaner alternative to city filtration water.

• 2 months later...