I-Mobile Famliy

FrisoPee

Hi all,

Having my HTC Desire for more then 2 years now, it's slowly giving up on me. Reboots all the time, battery life is about half a day (yeah)

the list goes on and on... Not bad for an HTC to run 2 years tough.

I found some interesting information about the I-mobile serie. The Q1 etc. These phones look really interesting to me.

Cheap prices, brand names that I'm not familliar with are always giving me some nerves. It's cheap, but for what I read it is supossed to be really good. Is that really true?

Could IQ owners give me some first hand user-info?

For example: Is the Q1 in same range as an Samsung Galaxy S2? What about the screen? Is the phone fast? Is it reliable? Good service? etc.

Excited to hear all your stories. I'm really considering buying one of these.

Also, the Q1 has the TV reciever in it. I'm keen to know if it's possible to use it abroad... Any idea? (Europe)

Thanks.

Edited by FrisoPee

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no sure about the IQ1 but we have the Q6 AND Q4 in the family. The Q6 uses the same chipset as the IQ1 and i find it to be fast and able to use all the apps like facebook, Skype etc

The IQ1 has a better resolution screen and i believe 1gb RAM.

Go to an I-mobile store and ask to use.

Thanks! Are you happy with the quality? Do you think the phone will last? That's the problem with not knowing this brand...It gives me fear of buying something not worth it.

Well I can't say for sure BUT it does not feel like a cheap cheap Chinese phone.

It's no IPhone for sure but looks and feels as good as most mid range Samsung, HTC's etc. But for a lot less money.

sent from my Q6

Never owned one, but played around with a few of them.

They feel solid, much better then most Chinese brands.

Specs are excellent for the money.

There are 3 specs which are markedly different from the (much) more expensive Samsung sII:

Screen, IMO very noticeable. I have an older galaxy (s Plus, super amoled screen), and holding it next to the I-mobile, the Samsung is very much more vibrant in colors and brighter. Much more readability in bright surroundings for the Samsung. I-mobile's do not have the Gorilla Glass screen, so much more susceptible to scratches. Use of screen protector highly recommended...

Memory: I-mobile has 4GB storage vs Samsung's SII's 16 or 32 GB. Not a big issue with 32 GB sd cards being only 700 Baht or so. I-mobile has 512 MB ram vs Samsung 1GB. Can be a limiting factor if you have a lot of back ground apps running (I have network monitor, dropbox, data manager, they all occupy an amount of ram permanently, not a problem yet on the 512 MB I have in my phone).

3G: The Imobile only has an older 7.2 Mbps 3G radio vs Samsungs having a 14.4 Mbps radio. If you only use 3G on your phone this is absolutely no issue, if you use your phone as a modem (thethering) for laptop or PC, it likely will be slower then the Samsung.

Spec wise you'd have to pit it against the Samsung S-advance (which still has better specs then the I-mobile) at 11,500 Baht (8 GB) or 12,500 Baht (16 GB)

There's also 2 things on the I-mobile you'll not find on the Samsungs: dual-sim capability (can be very handy when travelling!) and TV tuner...

Never owned one, but played around with a few of them.

They feel solid, much better then most Chinese brands.

Specs are excellent for the money.

There are 3 specs which are markedly different from the (much) more expensive Samsung sII:

Screen, IMO very noticeable. I have an older galaxy (s Plus, super amoled screen), and holding it next to the I-mobile, the Samsung is very much more vibrant in colors and brighter. Much more readability in bright surroundings for the Samsung. I-mobile's do not have the Gorilla Glass screen, so much more susceptible to scratches. Use of screen protector highly recommended...

Memory: I-mobile has 4GB storage vs Samsung's SII's 16 or 32 GB. Not a big issue with 32 GB sd cards being only 700 Baht or so. I-mobile has 512 MB ram vs Samsung 1GB. Can be a limiting factor if you have a lot of back ground apps running (I have network monitor, dropbox, data manager, they all occupy an amount of ram permanently, not a problem yet on the 512 MB I have in my phone).

3G: The Imobile only has an older 7.2 Mbps 3G radio vs Samsungs having a 14.4 Mbps radio. If you only use 3G on your phone this is absolutely no issue, if you use your phone as a modem (thethering) for laptop or PC, it likely will be slower then the Samsung.

Spec wise you'd have to pit it against the Samsung S-advance (which still has better specs then the I-mobile) at 11,500 Baht (8 GB) or 12,500 Baht (16 GB)

There's also 2 things on the I-mobile you'll not find on the Samsungs: dual-sim capability (can be very handy when travelling!) and TV tuner...

Just a note.. the Imobile's come as standard with a screen saver and silicon case.

Thanks for reply's! Will get my hands on one of these devices.

Any idea if the TV tuner will work in Europe?

I don't think it has the correct frequency. It does not work very well here smile.png

sent from my Q6

Thanks! Imagined it would get some funny reactions when taking that antenna out in Europe.

Might be worth thinking about one if these. I was thinking of getting a galaxy s 111

Jonny. The I mobiles are low medium cost phones the S3 is a top end phone.. big difference in overall performance. Saying that... it depends what you want. I like mine .. mainly because I don't like overspending :D

sent from my Q6

Well the S3 might have a better performance, better screen, etc.

But not a 14000 Baht more "better performance, screen, etc", compared to my IQ1.

GPS Navigation, website rendering and everything else, works smooth on the IQ1, so no need to spend three times the price.

And at least, the S3 has not even Dual-Sim.

Edited by vel_tins

The tv wont work in england now no more terestrial signals.....do these i mobiles suport adobe flash....

Yes. My Q6 and my GF's Q4 does. Flash 11

sent from my Q6

Saw the Q4 the other day in Tescos being sold at 4,000 baht. Very cheap. Any idea how much more for the Q6 and is there much difference beyond size?

The tv wont work in england now no more terestrial signals.....do these i mobiles suport adobe flash....

sent from my Q6

Saw the Q4 the other day in Tescos being sold at 4,000 baht. Very cheap. Any idea how much more for the Q6 and is there much difference beyond size?

That's in fact very cheap.. Almost to cheap to believe.. Not that I think you aren't telling the truth.. But there must be some comprimising on hardware in this phone to get it that cheap and still be running like a Samsung Galaxy..

sent from my Q6

That's in fact very cheap.. Almost to cheap to believe.. Not that I think you aren't telling the truth.. But there must be some comprimising on hardware in this phone to get it that cheap and still be running like a Samsung Galaxy..

I may be getting the models confused. I think it was this was one, which calls itself i-style 4. Not the same as Q4?

http://www.siamphone.com/spec/i-mobile/i-style_4.htm

Yes that is a different model then the Q serie I think. This phone is also quite low on the specs, so I can imagine why it has this price. Still very decent if you are not a heavy user.

http://product.i-mobilephone.com/1033_%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%8C%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD-i-mobile-i-style-q4

This is the i-style Q4 from the imobile website. So i take it there is an i-style Q4 and an i-style 4???... hmmm... all a bit confusing...

Yes that is a different model then the Q serie I think. This phone is also quite low on the specs, so I can imagine why it has this price. Still very decent if you are not a heavy user.

http://product.i-mob...bile-i-style-q4

This is the i-style Q4 from the imobile website. So i take it there is an i-style Q4 and an i-style 4???... hmmm... all a bit confusing...

I am also very confused over these range of phones and asked for help on another thread. Someone on there pointed out the mobile expo in early Feb so I am going to have a look there.

Strange yes.. If you look at the officiel IQ page on that same website, it does not even show the IQ4. I don't get it.

http://product.i-mobilephone.com/istyle

If you look on this page of the i-mobile website you can see there is indeed an i-style 4 and an i-style Q4. It was the i-style 4 that i saw in Tescos for 4000 baht. I assume the Q4 is still selling for 5000 baht, and i assume, it's worth paying the extra?.. perhaps thaicbr can comment?

i-style 4 only has 3.5 inch screen. Other spec differences i'm not sure...

I also don't know.. Should suggest to go to a I-mobile store. Will do that myself too, internet's just too low on information about these phones. Wish I could have some hands on expirience from some one that was used to an Samsung or HTC. Maybe if ThaiCBR reads this he could try to give an more detailed review of the phone.

Strange yes.. If you look at the officiel IQ page on that same website, it does not even show the IQ4. I don't get it.

http://product.i-mobilephone.com/istyle

If you look on this page of the i-mobile website you can see there is indeed an i-style 4 and an i-style Q4. It was the i-style 4 that i saw in Tescos for 4000 baht. I assume the Q4 is still selling for 5000 baht, and i assume, it's worth paying the extra?.. perhaps thaicbr can comment?

Screen. General finish. Processor. On paper the Q4 is let down by a few things BUT my gf still thinks it is sooooo much better than her old Samsung galaxy sl . I do as well.

The 1gb rom is a bit small but no issue as that is just app and operating system. It seems that it has 1.8gb for pictures etc. I will double check in the settings.

sent from my Q6

http://product.i-mob...hone.com/istyle

Screen. General finish. Processor. On paper the Q4 is let down by a few things BUT my gf still thinks it is sooooo much better than her old Samsung galaxy sl . I do as well.

The 1gb rom is a bit small but no issue as that is just app and operating system. It seems that it has 1.8gb for pictures etc. I will double check in the settings.

sent from my Q6

Thanks for the info thaicbr. Your various comments on the i-mobile range have inspired me to look at a product that i never would have done - always been quite sniffy with electronic products believing you get what you pay for, but in battle with that belief, is a belief that paying 20,000 baht for a phone that will be defunct in a year or two is just silly... well at least for my needs anyway. Would much rather spend the money on something else.

Anyway, as i say, im interested in i-mobile now thanks to you, i;m just all a bit baffled by all their hundreds of different model numbers, all seemingly priced between 4 and 6k baht. Could you break it down into what the best buy larger sized phone is, and what the best buy smaller sized phone is? From what i am gathering, is it the Q1 and the Q4? Thanks.

Just bought my wife the IQ-1 after her apple Iphone 3g broke for good...Black Screen & none could repair it.

That aside I am glad she is done with Apple. She never really got the Itunes deal & I personally hate Apple products

But always had to deal with it for her. Now if her Ipad would just die :P

This IQ-1 is pretty amazing given the price. D-Tac was selling them for 5590 Baht

She loves it & as I said I am pretty impressed. At this price it is hard to reason spending more considering

what you get. As a side note I am also amazed at the TV reception she gets.

Android 4.04 ICS & I hear they will get Jelly Bean this quarter.

Just bought my wife the IQ-1 after her apple Iphone 3g broke for good...Black Screen & none could repair it.

That aside I am glad she is done with Apple. She never really got the Itunes deal & I personally hate Apple products

But always had to deal with it for her. Now if her Ipad would just die tongue.png

This IQ-1 is pretty amazing given the price. D-Tac was selling them for 5590 Baht

She loves it & as I said I am pretty impressed. At this price it is hard to reason spending more considering

what you get. As a side note I am also amazed at the TV reception she gets.

Android 4.04 ICS & I hear they will get Jelly Bean this quarter.

Thanks for feedback. thumbsup.gif

These are great midrange Android phones. They have MTK6575 1Ghz (single core) and MTK6577 1Ghz (dual core) chipsets depending on the model, which is easily enough to run Android smoothly. The GPU is older but can run most all mainstream games no problem. Most of them have IPS LCDs as well.

The only caveat is that they only have 512MB RAM. If you're a power user, you may want to look at something with 1GB. 512MB can be occasionally frustrating as the way Android works is it will automatically close apps that aren't in the foreground when RAM gets low. This can be an issue when multi-tasking and switching between apps. Example, you're browsing the web or playing a game and a chat comes through. You go to answer the chat and come back to find the game or browser has been shut down by android and needs to reload. As I said, not a big issue, but depending on your temperament/use/budget it may be something to consider.

The K-Touch W806 is a nice new model out as well, but the LCDs on the i-Mobiles offer significantly better viewing angles.

Edited by happysanook