I-Mobile Famliy

FrisoPee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a IQ2 i-mobile from a phone shop in the local big Tesco's, it's my first smart phone and really chuffed with it. Nice screen, camera etc and good internet connection with wi-fi when connected via the house PC. With a few extra's thrown in it was around 6500 THB.

Not sure if its operator error (me) but with an incoming call I have to select the speaker option to listen, am I missing something here on settings??

• Like 1

Not sure if its operator error (me) but with an incoming call I have to select the speaker option to listen, am I missing something here on settings??

If you want to listen without putting the phone to your ear that is normal.

Is that what you meant?

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a iq2 . Now back in London can't make the internet work ..I think the frequency is wrong for lebara. But the 3 network goes on 2100 but still won't work APN s right . Any ideas if not I will send it back for my girlfriend to use...shame really its a nice phone

Just bought a iq2 . Now back in London can't make the internet work ..I think the frequency is wrong for lebara. But the 3 network goes on 2100 but still won't work APN s right . Any ideas if not I will send it back for my girlfriend to use...shame really its a nice phone

Yes this is true. A lot of European phones are not suitable for the Thai 3G bandwith, wich means that's also true for the other way around... Maybe the phone is not suitable for your provider in the UK, try to find out wich providers are using the right bandwith.

We got an IQ5 for Mrs bobl, and I was pleasantly surprised by it. I'd still take my SGS2 over it in a heartbeat, but for a $couple hundred I'd be less than honest if I said there were any features of it I could diss.

The new IQ6 looks nice too... 12m camera and a new display (the IQ5 is 800x480 same as the sgs2 but bigger, so lower pixel density). IQ6 is 1280x720 (I think) which is pretty decent for ~$300. I'll (probably) still be upgrading an SGS4 when they appear because... well just because... tongue.png but the IQ5 and IQ6 are great for people who can resist 'bleeding edge' and well known brands...

• Like 1

Is that what you meant?

"Speaker" option pushes the audio out through the bottom loudspeaker, while "handset" uses the top piezzo speaker. It's possible he's got a faulty one and the top speaker's not working, by the sound (no pun indended) of it - or, he's somehow got the 'headset' volume at zero (try the volume control while you're still on 'headset', and in a call).

• Like 1

We got an IQ5 for Mrs bobl, and I was pleasantly surprised by it. I'd still take my SGS2 over it in a heartbeat, but for a $couple hundred I'd be less than honest if I said there were any features of it I could diss.

The new IQ6 looks nice too... 12m camera and a new display (the IQ5 is 800x480 same as the sgs2 but bigger, so lower pixel density). IQ6 is 1280x720 (I think) which is pretty decent for ~$300. I'll (probably) still be upgrading an SGS4 when they appear because... well just because... tongue.png but the IQ5 and IQ6 are great for people who can resist 'bleeding edge' and well known brands...

if its really the first flexible smartphone it will be pretty amazing

i watched a video where some korean scientists were demonstrating a flexible lithium battery and apparently flexible screens are already invented so its only a matter of time before they get cheap enough to mass produce

The i-Mobile IQ6 looks like an amazing phone for 8,500 baht (less than £ 200.00). It has a 12 MP camera that apparently shoots fantastic shots.

The phone is being advertised on Thai TV at the moment with hedgehogs in the ad and how you cannot scratch the screen.

Take a look at this link for more info on the phone: http://www.siamphone.com/en/i-mobile/iq6.htm

The i-Mobile IQ6 looks like an amazing phone for 8,500 baht (less than £ 200.00). It has a 12 MP camera that apparently shoots fantastic shots.

Confusingly, the i-Mobile IQ6 that you have mentioned is different to the i-mobile i-STYLE Q6 which is older, has different specifications, and costs 5990 baht.

It is very confusing and you need to check exactly what model you want to buy, i-Mobile sell many different ranges of phones, including the i-Style range and the IQ range. These ranges each have models from 1 - 6, so yes there are i-Style 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 and there is also IQ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. There is also the added complication of the IQ range having two models for each number, ie IQ5 & IQ5A and IQ6 & IQ6A etc etc. I was specifically mentioning the IQ6 as there are currently adverts on Thai TV, it has a 12MP camera and it would appear to be a really great phone for under £ 200.00 as another Member has indicated.

Is that what you meant?

"Speaker" option pushes the audio out through the bottom loudspeaker, while "handset" uses the top piezzo speaker. It's possible he's got a faulty one and the top speaker's not working, by the sound (no pun indended) of it - or, he's somehow got the 'headset' volume at zero (try the volume control while you're still on 'headset', and in a call).

Thats it, cannot hear through the speaker at the top of phone when answering incoming call. The volume is on its highest setting, It works through the headphones ok

This phone comes with a nice small instruction manual and I have read that. Suspecting a dodgy handset now.

My wife thinks I'm nuts because been testing it with her out in the garden with her calling me etc!

[Thats it, cannot hear through the speaker at the top of phone when answering incoming call. The volume is on its highest setting, It works through the headphones ok

This phone comes with a nice small instruction manual and I have read that. Suspecting a dodgy handset now.

My wife thinks I'm nuts because been testing it with her out in the garden with her calling me etc!

On most phones the speakers and microphones aren't hardwired - they're connected to the mainboard by way of a pair of copper prongs that make contact when the thing's assembled. It's not uncommon for these prongs to make a faulty contact - they're usually responsible for the symptoms you're describing. A competent phone shop with the right tools can fix this in 10 minutes... Sometimes it can be fixed by simply 'dropping' the phone but I wouldn't recommend that unless you have the "engineer's touch" (as in knowing where to hit it or from what height to drop it) which is a fine art...

That said - if it's a new-ish phone, leave it to wherever you bought it to rectify. Between a faulty contact or a faulty speaker, in my experience there's a much better than 50% chance it's the contact and a quick & simple fix, but if the speaker needs replacing you'd definitely be better off where you bought it.

Confusingly, the i-Mobile IQ6 that you have mentioned is different to the i-mobile i-STYLE Q6 which is older, has different specifications, and costs 5990 baht.

It is very confusing and you need to check exactly what model you want to buy, i-Mobile sell many different ranges of phones, including the i-Style range and the IQ range. These ranges each have models from 1 - 6, so yes there are i-Style 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 and there is also IQ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. There is also the added complication of the IQ range having two models for each number, ie IQ5 & IQ5A and IQ6 & IQ6A etc etc. I was specifically mentioning the IQ6 as there are currently adverts on Thai TV, it has a 12MP camera and it would appear to be a really great phone for under £ 200.00 as another Member has indicated.

Anyone know if there is any logical pattern in specification and design that ties in with the numerical model number? From a Q1 to a Q6, is the spec getting better or worse? Or is it completely random? And what is the difference between the i-Style and the iQ range?Trying to get my head around what the best models are, although i appreciate that depends on your own purposes, but some kind of general guide would be good.

Anyone know if there is any logical pattern in specification and design that ties in with the numerical model number? From a Q1 to a Q6, is the spec getting better or worse? Or is it completely random? And what is the difference between the i-Style and the iQ range?Trying to get my head around what the best models are, although i appreciate that depends on your own purposes, but some kind of general guide would be good.

There doesn't seem to be much pattern, but it seems that the i-STYLEs are older.

Here are the current prices taken from http://www.siamphone.com/price/i-mobile of the i-mobile phones starting from the cheapest 'Q' i-mobile (i-STYLE Q3) in ascending order:

i-mobile i-STYLE Q3	 5,490
i-mobile i-STYLE Q2	 5,770
i-mobile i-note 2	   5,990
i-mobile i-STYLE Q6	 5,990
i-mobile i-STYLE Q6A    5,990
i-mobile i-STYLE Q2 DUO 5,990
i-mobile i-STYLE Q1i    5,990
i-mobile i-STYLE Q1	 5,990
i-mobile i698i		  5,990
i-mobile i698		   5,990
i-mobile IQ2		    6,190
i-mobile IQ2A		   6,190
i-mobile IQ1		    6,190
i-mobile IQ5A		   6,790
i-mobile IQ5		    6,790
i-mobile i695		   6,990
i-mobile i-note S	   7,990
i-mobile IQ6		    8,490

• Like 2

My friend is looking for an IQ6 and he is wondering whether it supports " instragram " ( i don't know what is it )..also does it look like samsung galaxy 3...

thanks folks...wai2.gif

Instagram is available on Google play, so will work...

Does the GPS functionality (e.g. maps & navigation) work without a SIM card (e.g. in particular whilst traveling in another country)?

IF YOU HAVE an offline map software then yes.. if you are relying on Google maps then No (but you can cache a certain area to use offline)

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to buy a Galaxy Grand, but the IQ6 is 3,000 baht plus cheaper has a higher resolution screen and camera and compares favorably in the other stats. I have a couple of questions. I know nothing about android and was wondering if the IQ6 can get the same apps as the Galaxy Grand. Does it have software for connecting to your computer, your Microsoft outbook? What GPS software will it run, and finally are holsters available for it. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just bought the IQ-6 3 weeks ago. I paid 8800 Baht in a shop in Pantip, what appears to be too much, but I went to several shops before to compare the price and they were all around that.

It has 16 GB storage and is a quite big phone that is a little uncomfortable sometimes, but I enjoy to surf the internet a lot (what worked in thailand and here in germany the same way) the camera is amazing and everything is working great so far, what I hope it will stay that way, because I dont know who will be able to repair it over here and how to handle the guarantee.

A problem I have is when I want to download Apps at Google Play, I have to enter the model, but Google Play knows only I-Style Q2 and Q3. Does anybody know if I can enter another model or even another brand of smartphone to download the Apps? Some model, probably with the same or kind of sepcifications.

A problem I have is when I want to download Apps at Google Play, I have to enter the model, but Google Play knows only I-Style Q2 and Q3. Does anybody know if I can enter another model or even another brand of smartphone to download the Apps? Some model, probably with the same or kind of sepcifications.

I have no problem with Google Play recognizing my IQ6A correctly.

Do compass apps work on yours? They don't on mine. I'm wondering whether they simply decided to omit the compass feature in the IQ6 models. A compass helps when using the phone for navigation or finding your way around using a map app.