Houses Rooms Or Apartments To Rent

steven w

Wrongway

I'll be there next Friday, - fools, trolls or both.

I will try to remember a lot of difficult questions :D which I probably will forget when I start drinking, but who can play pool without beer!? :o

You might wanna give me some handicap??????? :D

See you

Gary, you stuck that in while I was "composing." Yes, we're into virtual hugs when we're sober, and the physical ones that luckilly we can't remember when we've been drunk. Come on down from Loei and get either. If your from the US, as it seems, we can tell each other why we like it here better. One night might not be enough time though.

Bergen,

About the handicap, I was thinking that some vodka from Norway would handicap you to a satisfactory level (no puking on the pool table, though). I think I saw some (vodka from Norway, not puke) in Lotus Tesco. Shall I put it on our tiny menu?

Cheers!

As a matter of fact I have a very good friend who lives in Korat. I stop in to see him once in a while. Unfortunately it is about a four hour drive from up here. I've been known to play a game or two of pool in my day but don't get to play up here. I am quite good at putting away some booze. I can practice that up here as often as I like so it's easy to keep in shape. I am also from the USA but I can't afford to live there so here I am. :o

I just had a look at the map and it must be about 300 kilometers from Korat to Ubon. I'd have to get my Korat friend's wife to approve an overnighter like that. I really thought it was closer than that. I get that far from home and the wife would want to go with me.

I just had a look at the map and it must be about 300 kilometers from Korat to Ubon. I'd have to get my Korat friend's wife to approve an overnighter like that. I really thought it was closer than that. I get that far from home and the wife would want to go with me.

And the problem with bringing you wife is ------- :o

Edited by thaibites0

Gary,

We've hijacked this thread, but Steve seems to be gone and not likely to return, though he's welcome, as far as I'm concerned. I bought some firebricks for my wood-burning oven recently and had to go to Korat to get them as that's as far they would deliver them from Saraburi. Had my first night there. I liked it, but maybe it is thanks to the Pizza Place (sorry, don't have the complete name on me as I'm just overseeing construction at the moment). It took me about 5 hours to get there from here and six hours back with a ton of bricks in the back of my pickup. I think you could get here quicker directly, but I'd have to look at a map. Anyway, if you're ever exploring the area, please do drop in. Yes, women fear physical distance because they relate it to emotional distance. Just tell her you can be as bad a boy near home as far away. On second thought, better not do that.

I think Steve has lost interest anyways. I'd go through Khon Kaen if I were to get over that way. Actually my wife gets tired of me once in a while and tells me to go see my friends in Jomtien for a few days. It's hard for both of us to get away without some planning. She worries about her garden, the dog and the fish aquarium. If I could get her to go I would really like to go to Yasothorn to see the rocket festival. Udon wouldn't be that much farther. I'll keep track of your new place and one never knows when I might turn up.

Wrongway

Please book the suite for me. I don't like to leave the party before next day :D

Never mind the vodka, I might bring some snaps though :D

Gary

See I stay over - My wife' just happy if I can manage on my own. :o

Welcome to join us - nice with a visiter from Loei!

If I get there I can tell you all about Dan Sai............... Actually I can't tell you much except that for the King's birthday I got volunteered to take a group of ladies to a place NEAR Muang Loei. That place was Dan Sai. It is about 84 kilometers west of Loei. That's their idea of NEAR. My wife knew not to tell me where we were going. I was assured that by visiting the watt on the King's birthday I would have good luck all year. Maybe it worked ??? Oh well, I'd rather bullshit with farangs, play pool and drink. Trust me, there is not much farang activity in Dan Sai.

Wrong Way,

I have been following a few of your posts over the past few weeks, in particular about the wood fired pizza oven. I have a friend who wants to build one in his back yard near where I live and would be interested in finding out where you got your materials.

If you are going to Bergens place for the next farang pissup I would be interested in picking your brain about the project.

Carl

Wrong Way,

I have been following a few of your posts over the past few weeks, in particular about the wood fired pizza oven. I have a friend who wants to build one in his back yard near where I live and would be interested in finding out where you got your materials.

If you are going to Bergens place for the next farang pissup I would be interested in picking your brain about the project.

Carl

Sezzo,

Posted a rather long reply this morning but it seems to be lost in cyberspace. Here's a short reply. Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing you at Bergen's. Happy to share oven info. Very hard work, so I suggest your friend let me make all the mistakes first. I'm taking a break from oven building to get the place up and running for at least drinks and snacks by this Friday, the 7th. Here's where I left off, though I may cut a few bricks later today just for a mild sense of accomplishment. On top of what you see in the photo will be another 13cm of concrete cladding, making the beast a full 25cm thick. That will take a lot of wood to get up to temperature, but after that it will retain heat well. If your friend is building a weekend-use backyard one, it doesn't need to be, actually shouldn't be, so thick. Mine will be doing pizzas and roast chicken, etc., from noon to closing (maybe 10p.m.) and hopefully still be hot enough to bake breads in the morning. You can see by the other photo that I'm busy overseeing construction.

Cheers!

Richard

post-27112-1144055230_thumb.jpg

post-27112-1144055296_thumb.jpg

You can see by the other photo that I'm busy overseeing construction.

Cheers!

Richard

You can not fool us !

By the picture on the right, it is obvious who is the real person in charge of this project!

She has a pretty (pink?) dress on and is watching every move you make.

Even when you are playing with your camera.

Regards,

ChiefBEM

You can see by the other photo that I'm busy overseeing construction.

Cheers!

Richard

You can not fool us !

By the picture on the right, it is obvious who is the real person in charge of this project!

She has a pretty (pink?) dress on and is watching every move you make.

Even when you are playing with your camera.

Regards,

ChiefBEM

ChiefBEM,

You are right! She's in charge of the project. I must have been the one who just pissed on the floor. . .

Cheers!