Applying For Thai Passport For Step Daughter

Hi

Going to apply for a Thai passport for step daughter who is 9 yrs old. Her father is not named on her birth certificate and her father has never seen her and whereabouts is unknown, so in light of this can anyone advise what steps need to be taken to obtain a passport when clearly no parental consent can be obtained from the father?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I take it your in Thailand?

My wife did a similar thing a few years ago for my stepson and she tells me that all she took was the child's birth certificate, House papers (Blue Book) that must show the mother and child's name on, the mothers ID card (good idea to take her passport if she has one) She also tells me its actually easier if there is no father on the birth certificate and if the child's surname is same as her mother then no questions will be asked at the passport office. All documents must original and it pays to have copies when you go to the passport office to apply.

As we were all coming to live in the UK we then had to go get the sole custody document BPOR 14 (something like that) from the Ampur and that's fairly easy to get if needed for the Visa application. You wont need this just to get the passport though.

Andy

You didn’t say whether your step daughter is officially a Thai citizen or not as evidenced by a Thai national ID card. In case she does not have that, then getting a Thai ID card comes first by submitting all the documents mentioned by Andy.

You didn’t say whether your step daughter is officially a Thai citizen or not as evidenced by a Thai national ID card. In case she does not have that, then getting a Thai ID card comes first by submitting all the documents mentioned by Andy.

Yeah, we assume she is Thai and living in Thailand but you may find that you have to be 15 years old to have a Thai ID card. My youngest has a Thai passport but doesn't have an ID card because of his age.

Edited by andyandythai