If Carlsberg Did New Years Eve Parties....

chonabot

They do love to party, any excuse, even a funeral is a reason to have a shin dig. Have a SAFE mor lum, couldnt make it there this time Im busy changing new bubs nappies. All good and "Happy New Year" to all...peace!smile.png

Agreed, as a fellow Scot ( South Uist ) - we do know how to throw a decent party smile.png

It's been so long since I lived there that I have kind of forgotten sad.png

I was up in the Highlands the on Boxing Day, a truly stunning place. I've never been to South Uist but I had a couple of legendary night in Stornoway a few years ago. Those guys know how to party drunk.gif

• Like 1

I think you're being too modest, Chonabot. Given a few minutes, and the warmth of the uisge mhath on your tongue, your partying skills would come flooding back. tongue.png ... and after the mayhem of Hogmanay, the ceilidhs violin.gif and the first-footing, there's always the joys of a Sair Heid party to further delay the after-effects of the alcoholic extravaganza, until the old New Year, of course!

Party on, people; but like they used to say on "Hill Street Blues"...let's be careful out there.

Slainte!burp.gif

PS... Great photos, theblether.

Edited by Rob8891
  • Like 1

When I first moved to the Highlands, it was still quite common for some of the locals to go outside on the bells and discharge shotguns into the air. After a very pleasant session, my neighbout went outside, fired off the gun and plunged us all into darkness. He had succeeded in blowing off the chimney-breast connection for the overhead electricity line into his house. Continuing by the flickering light of the sitting room fire, and with a few candles to boot, made for an even better atmosphere than hitherto.

Sadly, those days are gone here, but then again, nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

Best wishes for a happy and successful 2013 to one and all (sorry it's early, but there'll be nae chance of typing tomorrow night....

Bliadhna mhath ùr drunk.gif

• Like 2

Wonderful photos by Blether. Id love to visit your country one day, Ive heard a lot of great things about Scotland. We here in Australia know Scottish telly was good back in the day. I used to love this show growing up...was it big in Scotland?

Im sure thats Billy Conelly singing yeah?

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1

Happy Hogmanay to all you Scottish reprobates.

I-m still waiting on the first footer

By the way theblether I couldn-t see the castle in your pic only Scot-s Monument.

Sorry new computer

does z like y etc.

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 2

Happy new year to one and all. As true with the Scottish, the Irish are also spread to the four corners of the earth, none so unusual as this lot below

That was interesting, and I liked the line " that's what happens when your on the losing side "..........

A lot of people don't know that there was a large contingent of Irish that fought against the Americans at The Alamo. I'll not start a fight with our US colleagues today except to say that the real story of The Alamo is not as righteous as some believe. There is a Mexican Pipe band still on the go just now in tribute to those that served and died for the cause......

Here's a link that explains the story......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Battalion

• Like 1

Happy new year to one and all. As true with the Scottish, the Irish are also spread to the four corners of the earth, none so unusual as this lot below

That was interesting, and I liked the line " that's what happens when your on the losing side "..........

A lot of people don't know that there was a large contingent of Irish that fought against the Americans at The Alamo. I'll not start a fight with our US colleagues today except to say that the real story of The Alamo is not as righteous as some believe. There is a Mexican Pipe band still on the go just now in tribute to those that served and died for the cause......

Here's a link that explains the story......

http://en.wikipedia....#39;s_Battalion

The Irish were also going to invade Canada in 1866

http://www.ballinagree.freeservers.com/fenianscan.html

They do love to party, any excuse, even a funeral is a reason to have a shin dig. Have a SAFE mor lum, couldnt make it there this time Im busy changing new bubs nappies. All good and "Happy New Year" to all...peace!smile.png

I remeber when I was building my house, at a particular day there was loud music from a distance which we couldn't see from where we were.

I asked my constructor that seemed to have a good party overthere.

His reply was.....Yeah maybe someone died.biggrin.png