Motobike Insurance

motocrosser

ah so it must be a honda phantom or something, CTPL covers up to 50K for hospital treatment and reimburse 100K to the family of the deceased.

you can't get the tax sticker without the CTPL being paid first so yes the bike is covered by the mandatory insurance but dont forget the driver is responsible for all damages done to your property or the other in case he's the one causing the accident.

I live on Samui and have full insurance for my Honda Phantom last year it was with AXA and cost around 4,000 bht per year however when renewing this year I learnt that although my bike was insured any passenger I carried was not, I am now with a thai insurance company same rate however they will insure my pillion passengers but will not re-emburse for damage caused to the bike , My Bike is 200cc and has only 10,000 kms but they only value it at 24,000 baht to replace where as my passenger is insurred for 100,000 bht in medical cost so it does not take an academic to work out the best solution , however my insurance would be invalid if I were to rent out the bike PM me if you want the contact details of the insurance group I am with.

• Like 1

Whats ctlp?the bikes worth about 50,000baht.only got the tax with it,does that cover any insurance?thanks.

My Honda is 200 cc with 10,000 k + loads of extras, spots cissy bars, panniers is only 6 years old and the insurance company valued it at less than 25,000 although the original cost with extras was 90,000 bht so be carefull you would never get back what you paid for it from the insurance company the bog standard Government insurance is not worth the paper it is written on but you still have to have. If I ever rent a vehicle I always make sure that it has the very best insurance because Thais will sue the arse of you !!!!!!!!!

i do have bikes to rent(scooter) all bought second hand cheap and with the CTPL only as all insurances i talked to always told me the same things as previous posters so i decided to go the cheap way as the expensive way doesn't offer coverage to customers anyway, i only have third class insurance on my personnal scooter that i never rent out.

• Like 2