Rule Of Thumb Cash Here . . .

Nine years now I've gone on the beach in Mae Nam to watch the fireworks.

Even last year Santi Buri banged up a 250K show.

This year got there at 10 before midnight. Santi Buri was a 3 minute damp squib. 10 after midnight some of their guests put on an equal show.

The only spots in Mae Nam with customer income and firework dosh was W and Zazen. Quite spanky but nowhere near 5 years back.

(Although Haad Rin was whacking it out 19 to the dozen.)

The only thing on show was the fire balloons. Sky was full. But after 5 mins I abandoned my 140 baht glass of weak Sang Som Coke and went in search of music.

(Disappointed there too.)

Sign of the times. Shoulda stayed home and watched TV - specially considering it pi55ed it down tween 8:00pm and 11;00 pm. Oh. No UBC. Right.

Shoulda stayed in Portsmouth - wait - what am I saying . . . where the f is PMouth . . . need more alcohol. Goodnight and bye bye and thank you everybody . . .

MSN-Emoticon-006.gif

R

• Like 1

never known mae nam to be busy,dont live there but have had the occasional beer there.

Try coming on a Thursday evening, at Soi 4 ... you can hardly move or park when the walking street is on !!!! wink.png

Yeah Rob, your title a little confusing... posted at 4.07 guess the boss intake, had started to confuse you!! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Oh - sorry.

The more money a resort has, the more it spends on fireworks - I just assumed that seemed obvious, sorry if it didn't come across.

A couple of years ago (5 or 6) Santi Buri spent around a half a million on its show and it lasted for about 20 minutes.

This year there was hardly anything at all, anywhere - even the fireworks that were good (Zazen and W) lasted only a few minutes.

Meaning - this is a better indicator than anything else I can think of that there really is a lot less money about this year.

R

Impressive pyrotechnics from The Arayaburi - Idyllic Resort and Six Senses last night - all on Samrong Bay.clap2.gif

Haad Rin also put on a great display at the NYE party.thumbsup.gif

The displays along the whole north coast from Maenam to Bangrak looked pretty spectacular too through my beer goggles. blink.png

Edited by Tropicalevo

never known mae nam to be busy,dont live there but have had the occasional beer there.

Try coming on a Thursday evening, at Soi 4 ... you can hardly move or park when the walking street is on !!!! wink.png

Yeah Rob, your title a little confusing... posted at 4.07 guess the boss intake, had started to confuse you!! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

does that mean maenamians only go out collectively one night a weeksmile.png

does that mean maenamians only go out collectively one night a weeksmile.png

Of course not, tongue.png .... it's just on Thursdays everyone congregates on the three streets used for walking ....

But then too, you should see the night market further down to ward Soi 7 or so, every evening w00t.gifbiggrin.png .... No idea what the morning market is like...I don't do mornings wink.pngbiggrin.png

Meant to say "Booze intake" .... not boss intake!