30 Day Entry When Already A Tourist Visa In Passport?

I plan to arrive in Bangkok, stay 3 or 4 days, then go to Vietnam for a week and then come back to Thailand to stay for 6 months. If I already have a double entry tourist visa in my passport will I have to use up one entry for my initial 3 day stay in Thailand or can I enter on a 30 day visa on arrrival and save my tourist visas to use on my return from Vietnam? I have an Australian passport.

You can ask and they probably will do so. Just don't write any visa information on your arrival card and ask for a 30 day stamp because you are leaving that week.

If the man won't do as you ask you can protect the rest of the 60 days he stamps by getting a re-entry permit before you head off to Vietnam.

If the Immigration Officer sees the Visa he will , most likely , use/stamp it.

You already mention a double entry Tourist Visa, so to be on the save side you can apply for a 2,3 or even 4 entry Tourist Visa.

Would save you a lot and gives peace of mind.

Six and two threes really..............either a triple tourist or re-entry permit, costs virtually the same .

Personally i likes Lops idea............be polite and ask for the 30 day stamp. :o

Thanks for your suggestions. Think I will try asking for the 30 day stamp. Unfortunately, the Embassy in Canberra will not issue a triple tourist visa. The most they will give is a double. I think the Sydney Consulate is the same.

...Unfortunately, the Embassy in Canberra will not issue a triple tourist visa...
Why?? :o:D Is there an explanation? I always get/got my tripple tourist visa in a small konsulate in Austria (not Australia :D ) can't remember for sure but I think already 10 times, one after another.

I got a 30 day entry with a second 60 day tourist visa still valid, but you have to make sure the immigration officer is aware of what you want by saying clearly you want a 30 day visa exemption.

I am surpirsed you can't find an Australian consulate that will give you a multiple - annual - tourist visa. Some people recomend Brisbane? The cost is just over 10% more than a double entry visa.

If the Immigration Officer sees the Visa he will , most likely , use/stamp it.

You already mention a double entry Tourist Visa, so to be on the save side you can apply for a 2,3 or even 4 entry Tourist Visa.

Would save you a lot and gives peace of mind.

Which Embassy/Consulate will give a 4 entry tourist visa? The most I know of is 3 entries....in Penang.