Abhisit Stripped Of Military Record

webfact

The army found that he had no case to answer. But then the politicians get involved.

He couldn't produce the documents, didn't even show up first time around if I remember correctly.

So I'll rephrase that for you " His army buddies didn't give two hoots if the docs were forged, which is why you get away with forged documents in the Thai army in the first place, then an official inquiry was opened."

• Like 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The army found that he had no case to answer. But then the politicians get involved.

He couldn't produce the documents, didn't even show up first time around if I remember correctly.

So I'll rephrase that for you " His army buddies didn't give two hoots if the docs were forged, which is why you get away with forged documents in the Thai army in the first place, then an official inquiry was opened."

He did produce the documents. He wasn't available with the few days notice they gave him, as he was overseas. He did come back though.

Edited by whybother

Finally, some accountability regarding Thai politicians and their corruption. I couldn't think of a better person to begin with....bravo!

Frankly, Abhisit should resign as an MP for this, it's really a scandal and a disgrace. I hope the public speaks up and demands his resignation.

If every MP who had cheated in some way like Abisit supposedly did were made to resign there would be no parliament.

And of course precious few policemen.

Then it is a step in the right direction, right?

Well I can certainly think of a couple of well known individuals holding a police rank that Thailand could well do without.

He did produce the documents.

Right. Which proved to be forged.

Anyway, yes it is politically motivated but it's hard to feel sorry for Abhisit when the PTP is mimicking the tactics used by his own camp for the past 6 years.

When did the Democrats lay politically motivated charges in the 2 years that they were in office in the past 6 years?

Of course it's fair. When the commission set up to inquire about Suvarnabhumi (which the junta had used to justify the coup) couldn't find anything on Thaksin then move on looking for anything else finally finding what a diplomat described as a misdemeanor it was all perfectly fair. What's so different now?

What is different know is that the coup junta aren't in charge. An elected government is. What is their excuse for setting up political investigations?

Huh? In this case, Mr. abhisit used a forged document to obtain his commission. He was caught and lost his commission.

simple as that.

And more Benzes for the boys in green.... Thanks Abbie!

Wasn't that conviction just one of many. Which are still pending?

sent from my Q6

If you count pending as convicted Abhisit is a murderer, on top of being a "draft dodger".

Murderer. Hahahaha

Get real. Do you honestly think ANY court in a developed country would accept the charge.

Actually have the Thai court accepted it. I don't think they have.

sent from my Q6

Wasn't that conviction just one of many. Which are still pending?

sent from my Q6

If you count pending as convicted Abhisit is a murderer, on top of being a "draft dodger".

Murderer. Hahahaha

Get real. Do you honestly think ANY court in a developed country would accept the charge.

Actually have the Thai court accepted it. I don't think they have.

sent from my Q6

I think many courts in many developed countries would accept the charge.

This committee was set up by a PTP minister. The Democrats didn't set up the AEC.

If you actually, hand on heart believe the democrats and the military didn't work hand in hand during and after the coup, you are either extraordinarily naive or have serious SERIOUS political blinkers on.

Can you show me anything to suggest that they "worked hand in hand"?

This committee was set up by a PTP minister. The Democrats didn't set up the AEC.

If you actually, hand on heart believe the democrats and the military didn't work hand in hand during and after the coup, you are either extraordinarily naive or have serious SERIOUS political blinkers on.

Both sides always work hand in hand with the army. But last time, PTP didn't have the winning hand.

• Like 1

When did the PTP ? this was a decision taken by an impartial military committee,

On what basis are you able to declare it as being impartial? How do you possibly know?

On what basis do you describe it as being a military committee? The government set the committee up. The government hand selected the members of the committee. On a matter involving the leader of the opposition, do you not see a possible conflict of interest going on here?

I actually think that Abhisit - along with probably half of the other MPs in the house - does have a case to answer to here, but the government setting up its own committee to investigate him in the way that it has, has only ensured that any guilty verdict, rightly or wrongly, would carry with it no weight or credibility.

Perhaps though, with this, PTP were only ever playing to the crowd that don't care about credibility or any of that "minor" stuff, they just wanted something to try and balance the scales up with regards the conviction against their square-faced hero.

• Like 2

When did the PTP ? this was a decision taken by an impartial military committee,

On what basis are you able to declare it as being impartial? How do you possibly know?

On what basis do you describe it as being a military committee? The government set the committee up. The government hand selected the members of the committee. On a matter involving the leader of the opposition, do you not see a possible conflict of interest going on here?

I actually think that Abhisit - along with probably half of the other MPs in the house - does have a case to answer to here, but the government setting up its own committee to investigate him in the way that it has, has only ensured that any guilty verdict, rightly or wrongly, would carry with it no weight or credibility.

Perhaps though, with this, PTP were only ever playing to the crowd that don't care about credibility or any of that "minor" stuff, they just wanted something to try and balance the scales up with regards the conviction against their square-faced hero.

Bravo, Rixalex. I'm glad to see you questioning opinions expressed as facts.

You completely missed the point. I was being ironic, questioning the legitimacy of ALL committees.

I agree with most of what you say in this post.

What court would accept a murder charge against someone that wasn't actually there at the time and didn't give a specific order to kill people. Can you supply one precedent.

The charge is wrong pure and simple.

The UK opted out of the EU war crimes court because they were worried Thatcher and Blair would have been at risk.

• Like 1

This witch hunt has a good chance a backfiring. After all, how can a person that can barely string two words of English together write a Phd in flawless English? Even more pertinent is that his sister is the sitting PM and also can't speak English yet qualified in a similar manner. Glass houses....stones.

http://www.scribd.co...914/Thaksin-PHD

Once again I am stunned by the sheer incompetence of the opposition to not deal with this irregular paperwork of Aphisits conscription. I don't think anybody is arguing that he avoided his service, after all there is a lot of proof that he did in fact lecture as part of his conscription.

Your link is blank and your lies are irrelevant. Correction: your link is not blank just extremely slow to open.

What lies? That's a harsh term to be throwing around, especially after correcting yourself having problems accessing the well-known Scribd site.

This witch hunt has a good chance a backfiring. After all, how can a person that can barely string two words of English together write a Phd in flawless English? Even more pertinent is that his sister is the sitting PM and also can't speak English yet qualified in a similar manner. Glass houses....stones.

http://www.scribd.co...914/Thaksin-PHD

Once again I am stunned by the sheer incompetence of the opposition to not deal with this irregular paperwork of Aphisits conscription. I don't think anybody is arguing that he avoided his service, after all there is a lot of proof that he did in fact lecture as part of his conscription.

Your link is blank and your lies are irrelevant. Correction: your link is not blank just extremely slow to open.

What lies? That's a harsh term to be throwing around, especially after correcting yourself having problems accessing the well-known Scribd site.

The lies comment would be referring to your statement about their inability to speak English.

When did the PTP ? this was a decision taken by an impartial military committee, just like the AEC and it's secretary Atibhodi were acting on their own against Thaksin whistling.gif see how that works.

Just when I start thinking finally we can start having discussions where people acknowledge wrong doing on both sides you come up with this.rolleyes.gif

Further to my earlier response to this, the AEC investigated Thaksin. The Supreme court found him guilty.

In the case of Abhisit, a PTP appointed committee have found that Abhisit used forged document and stripped him of his military record. No court involved.

When did the PTP ? this was a decision taken by an impartial military committee, just like the AEC and it's secretary Atibhodi were acting on their own against Thaksin whistling.gif see how that works.

Just when I start thinking finally we can start having discussions where people acknowledge wrong doing on both sides you come up with this.rolleyes.gif

Further to my earlier response to this, the AEC investigated Thaksin. The Supreme court found him guilty.

In the case of Abhisit, a PTP appointed committee have found that Abhisit used forged document and stripped him of his military record. No court involved.

I believe he had the documents forged.

I also believe Thaksin was corrupt.

Court and Committee aside .......

Does anyone believe he didn't do it?

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1