Indian

krobert6

I have no knowledge of Indian cuisine, but to get this started, try:

1. Pahurat Road - from west end of Yaowarat Road. cross the north-south raod, go 1/2 a block south and turn west.

2. Baan Khaek (Indian Village) - from the junction of Prachatiphok and Itsaraphap Roads, proceed eastwards on the latter.

A lot of the Indians in Bkk. speak English; you can ask any that seem willing to help.

Tops supermarket chains in bkk sell it. Easy.

thanks for the information. I did try TOPS in Chian Rai and they only had Rogon Josh paste and BALTI (never heard of that)

HMMMM if you have never heard of Rogon Josh and a Balti maybe you were meaning Thai Currys biggrin.png Balti's are AWESOME

• Like 1

HMMMM if you have never heard of Rogon Josh and a Balti maybe you were meaning Thai Currys biggrin.png Balti's are AWESOME

Except baltis aren't traditional Indian cuisine. They were invented in (I believe) Birmingham, England back in the '80s. I suspect that someone not familiar with British-style "Indian" food may not have heard of the delights of baltis.

Except baltis aren't traditional Indian cuisine. They were invented in (I believe) Birmingham, England back in the '80s. I suspect that someone not familiar with British-style "Indian" food may not have heard of the delights of baltis.

Pataks IS a British Indian curry supplier.....

Does anyone know of a good curry house in Bangkok? I'm missing the east end of London brick lane fayre. I tried the one at the top of the Rembrandt but wasn't overly impressed. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Cheers guys

Richie23,

Namuskaar is a very good restaurant and the prices are reasonable.

It's in Sukhumvit Soi 8.

Once you enter the soi look for the first alley on the left and it's at the end of that.

This restaurant is very good alternative if you miss UK Indian food like I do.

• Like 2

Peng Lee store in Asoke market, a wide range of Indian spices, ghee, basmati rice, etc. Directions by skytrain - get off at Asoke, take the exit to MRT, at street level U-turn and a few metres on, just past the Italian pizza place, take the dingy little alley on your right, follow that round and Peng lee is on your left. Closed Sundays I think.

Peng Lee store in Asoke market, a wide range of Indian spices, ghee, basmati rice, etc. Directions by skytrain - get off at Asoke, take the exit to MRT, at street level U-turn and a few metres on, just past the Italian pizza place, take the dingy little alley on your right, follow that round and Peng lee is on your left. Closed Sundays I think.

Thanks heaps , do you know if they have poppadoms (I get these great ones that can be fried or microwaved in Australia)

Thanks heaps , do you know if they have poppadoms (I get these great ones that can be fried or microwaved in Australia)

Excellent directions and they did have the poppadoms and besan flour that I wanted ---- THANKS