Both A Prospective Marriage And Visitors Visa

Hi

We will soon be submitting and application for a Prospective Marriage Visa for my Fiance to join me in Australia. She is currentley here on her 1st Visitors Visa. Does anyone know if its possible to submit applications for both a Prospective marriage visa and a Visitors visa at the same time.

I have read many posts were applicants are advised that they should submitting a Fiance Visa application when they have applied for there 3rd Visitors Visa.

Hi

We will soon be submitting and application for a Prospective Marriage Visa for my Fiance to join me in Australia. She is currentley here on her 1st Visitors Visa. Does anyone know if its possible to submit applications for both a Prospective marriage visa and a Visitors visa at the same time.

I have read many posts were applicants are advised that they should submitting a Fiance Visa application when they have applied for there 3rd Visitors Visa.

This is a bit of a tricky question....and not covered by the website....Your best bet would be to contact Immi here and ask the question.

My reading of it is that you cannot apply for both at the same time now, only one application is permissible at a time....but you can bring her here for a second holiday and apply straight away for the PS visa when she gets back.

The dreaded third visitor visa....yes there has been comment on it....the Dept has the right to limit the amount of Visitor Visas issued to one person....they dont say what the limit is. I did pose the question to Immi before but got a very non committal answer...to me by saying that you should apply for the PS visa after two visits is against our rights....how can the government tell you that you should get married?....

Contact Immi and ask the question on a dual Application and lets us know what the answer is, I am sure that many would be interested. :o

Hi,

I think gburns57au is right and your only supposed to have one visa at a time.

My husband appiled for me after my first visa, surely if your girlfriend and you

are ready and happy to make the application you should be able to.

Good Luck to you both :o

Wanphen