Staying In Thailand

Hi,

Could someone please advise me on the following ?

I am a male Singaporean, married to a Thai National for 3 years. We are staying in Singapore currently (she is a Singapore Permanent Resident).

Recently I got a job offer from a Thai Registered Company in Thailand.

The question is , what type of visa should I apply at the Thai Embassy in Singapore before proceeding to Thailand ?

Should I apply for the Category "O" or Category "B" ? If I make the wrong choice, will it affect my application of extension subsequently ?

What is the best route or best way to apply for Permanent Residence in Thailand ?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

For employment, either way works equally well. For permanent residence, you must have three consecutive years of one year entry permit extensions.

Considerations are:

1. To get Class B visa, you need an employment letter from employing company.

2. To get Class O (spouse) visa, you need Thai marriage registration papers.

3. Once inside Thailand, to extend the Class O based on marriage, you must have 200,000 baht (soon rising to 400,000 baht) in joint Thai account, and your wife must accompany you to Immigration to get the extension. But - you may also get a work permit and work-based extension of the Class O visa - without your wife, or money in a Thai bank account.

4. If you extend a Class B based on work permit and employment, and your employment ceases, you lose your work permit, and your extension is cancelled - and you must leave Thailand within a week. If you are here on a Class O, they do not require you to leave - they just ask you to show money in bank to convert you over to spouse status.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam Group

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

I am a male Singaporean, married to a Thai National for 3 years. We are staying in Singapore currently (she is a Singapore Permanent Resident).

My fellow Singapore friend,

Since you are going to work in a thai company, very obviously they will have to apply work permit for you.Just get a Class B visa will do.Without a Class B visa, you will have to make another trip out of Thailand again.So class B visa is important for your case.

BTW, I'm from singapore also. :o

Cheers!!

• 2 years later...

My fellow Singapore friend,

Since you are going to work in a thai company, very obviously they will have to apply work permit for you.Just get a Class B visa will do.Without a Class B visa, you will have to make another trip out of Thailand again.So class B visa is important for your case.

BTW, I'm from singapore also. :o

Cheers!!

Thank you very much guys for your valuable information