(New?) Chinese Restaurant In Pattaya: Ting-Tai-Fu Off 3Rd Road North

Jingthing

I live just up the road and eat there once or twice a week, as recently as last Thursday. They've recently started letting the thai's do more and more of the cooking and the taste and quality have gone considerably downhill. I'm northern Chinese, so yes, I do know what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

I live just up the road and eat there once or twice a week, as recently as last Thursday. They've recently started letting the thai's do more and more of the cooking and the taste and quality have gone considerably downhill. I'm northern Chinese, so yes, I do know what I'm talking about.

I've noticed the same kind of thing in recent months. Still, at their price level, where else do you go in Pattaya? Or higher price also?

There was a dish there that I would say DEFINITELY don't order.

The spicy beef soup Sechuan style (about 300 baht) on the supplemental "other" menu.

It was not done properly (that's polite).

It would have been OK if presented as a "Thai" soup for much less cost though.

Restaurants do CHANGE over time.

This thread is now OLD.

If I said I loved a dish a few years ago on this thread, do not assume you'll get anything like the same dish now.

Sometimes (not recently there) a dish can get better too ... also depending on who's cooking at the time of course.

Edited by Jingthing