Collecting Insects In Thailand

FlyingDutchman

I keep it very simple.

I have a friend, who collects insects and other 'creepy-crawly's', like spiders, millipedes and snails.

He would like to receive some cargo's of at least one hundred 'creepy-crawly's' per month. It has to be send to the Netherlands. He is willing to pay some money for the collecting and naturally the costs of the cargo-shippings. Please contact me, if you are willing to try to help somebody with his hobby; he is not a rich man. Maybe you can ask some village-kids and pass them the money for collecting the bugs. If you are willing to send him just some bugs for free [he could send you some unused Dutch stamps back, for example (?)], you can also contact me. How to send bugs can be read here : http://bugnation.myfreeforum.org/ftopic64.php, especially Pearson's post.

:o

This is the bloke with a snail from madagascar ...

post-26509-1140446351_thumb.jpg

Some bugs are worth A LOT OF MONEY. Some bugs (the ones that are worth A LOT OF MONEY) are really hard to find and that is why they are worth A LOT OF MONEY. If you want to kill rare bugs and perhaps help them into extinction and in the process help someone make A LOT OF MONEY, that is your business but I'm posting this just so that you will be informed about the possible results of your actions. I may be over reacting here but I'm always cautious of things like this and hope you will be too.

Some are quite easy to find in any Isaan market - if you don't mind them cooked. :o

Seriously, Chownah is quite right and I think that this trade should be discouraged. One hundred bugs per month is for trade, not collecting. He sounds like someone who wants to make money out of Thailand without offering anything in return other than pocket money for the kids as they learn the wrong way to exploit their own environment.

I keep it very simple.

I have a friend, who collects insects and other 'creepy-crawly's', like spiders, millipedes and snails.

He would like to receive some cargo's of at least one hundred 'creepy-crawly's' per month. It has to be send to the Netherlands. He is willing to pay some money for the collecting and naturally the costs of the cargo-shippings. Please contact me, if you are willing to try to help somebody with his hobby; he is not a rich man. Maybe you can ask some village-kids and pass them the money for collecting the bugs. If you are willing to send him just some bugs for free [he could send you some unused Dutch stamps back, for example (?)], you can also contact me. How to send bugs can be read here :

:o

No it doesn't.

Enough species have disappeared already and many more are almost completely gone.

I take pictures instead.