Who Is Using F R E E Talkatone Phonecalls -Worldwide- ?

LaoPo

Are you using TALKATONE already and what's your experience?

I am using Facetime but that's between iPhone>iPhone/iPad but Talkatone is said to be more versatile:

Unlimited FREE, calls and texts to anyone in the world over WiFi or 3G/4G without using any cellphone minutes

Is that true and if so, what's your experience ?

http://www.talkatone.com/

BTW: I have nothing to do with Talkatone whatsoever; just asking for input about experience wai.gif

I generally use Skype with no problem.

When I want to call someone on the phone to the US, I use the 006 number, with True. Not free, but one hour of crystal clear calling for 180 baht ain't bad. They have a cheaper one for about 100 Baht an hour thats lower quality but I can spare the extra 80 Baht to talk to mum. :)

• Like 1

When I want to call someone on the phone to the US, I use the 006 number, with True. Not free, but one hour of crystal clear calling for 180 baht ain't bad. They have a cheaper one for about 100 Baht an hour thats lower quality but I can spare the extra 80 Baht to talk to mum. smile.png

Skype is mostly behind computer and the quality is sometimes quite poor.

And, if you use a provider for Baht 180/hr (US$ 6,00/hour) why not useTalkatone if it is 100% free; sitting on the beach or on a terrace, using WiFi ?

But, OK, I asked for members with experience so I'll be waiting for those who are already connected with them.

Edited by LaoPo

This looks like one of the many, many proprietary VoIP solutions which requires both parties to be using the same application; that is to say, you can call anyone else who has this app. installed.

(There looks to be some provision for piggy-backing on Google Voice, which might allow for free calls to the U.S. and Canada through 2013 - GrooVeIP is a better app. if you have a GV number.)

There are hundreds of review on the Play Store, where you might get a feel for how this app. might address your calling needs?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.talkatone.android&hl=en

Calls are "free" to the extent that your WiFi connection or 3G connection is "free", and you'll burn through your monthly 3G allotment in a few hours assuming you can actually make calls. wink.png

• Like 1

When I want to call someone on the phone to the US, I use the 006 number, with True. Not free, but one hour of crystal clear calling for 180 baht ain't bad. They have a cheaper one for about 100 Baht an hour thats lower quality but I can spare the extra 80 Baht to talk to mum. smile.png

Skype is mostly behind computer and the quality is sometimes quite poor.

And, if you use a provider for Baht 180/hr (US$ 6,00/hour) why not useTalkatone if it is 100% free; sitting on the beach or on a terrace, using WiFi ?

But, OK, I asked for members with experience so I'll be waiting for those who are already connected with them.

I can use Skype on my phone, if there is Wifi, just the same as what you are talking about. And I assume that the product you are promoting has a quality of call dependent on the Wifi strength, just like Skype.I like using the 006 service because I never have any connection problems. I can call directly to people's mobile or landlines in the States. They do not need to have Wifi, they just pick up their phone. I don't need to use Wifi either...perfect time for me to chat to the family is on my drive to work, where it can be a bit difficult to connect to a Wifi spot! smile.png

Edited by tominbkk

Talkatone is total shit on android tablets and phones.

I have 3 tablets, all with their own numbers, all registered with talkatone, neither can see the other so pointless.

Viber works much better.

thumbsup.gif Thanks for the input!

Is that because of lack of 3G/4G connection or WiFi failure in your area ?

Talkatone is total shit on android tablets and phones.

I have 3 tablets, all with their own numbers, all registered with talkatone, neither can see the other so pointless.

Viber works much better.

thumbsup.gif Thanks for the input!

Is that because of lack of 3G/4G connection or WiFi failure in your area ?

I don't think the talkatone phonebook/contacts works properly.

The last time I was in the US I bought a Verizon 3G package with a MiFi. It was quite expensive and couldn't be used for calls. I tried a number of the "Free" VOIP packages and the only one that worked half decent was Google voice. Sometimes the call quality was great and other times not too good. The most irritating thing were the dropped calls. I couldn't receive calls either. I came to the conclusion that these services are not worth the aggravation. I didn't bother to sign up for any packages that had monthly charges.

Maybe VOIP is getting better but even if they were totally free they're not worth the hassle for me.

I guess it would help if the OP could share their requirements?

Personally, for calls from/to the U.S. I use GrooVeIP (mostly on WiFi at home) and my Google Voice number - free through 2013. I've pretty much stopped using my magicJack and am moving contacts from that number to my GV number.

Edited by lomatopo

Let's forget talking countries (USA) since phoning around the world, from country to country, is not limited to the US.

It's about FREE phoning services.

This is their FAQ:

http://www.talkatone.com/faq.html

But, it seems not many people know already about Talkatone so maybe we should forget the discussion?

Edited by LaoPo