Ais Aircard Disconnects

T_Dog

I used to get these firmware download messages once a week, but over the past few days it has been about ten times a day. The only way to get reconnected is to unplug the AIS Aircard from the USB port and reconnect. We talked to AIS and they said just ignore the messages. (Selecting either choice has no effect.) Irritating to have to unplug the aircard and lose any downloads in progress. Happens on both 3G and EDGE connections. Anyone else experiencing this?

post-498-0-83218000-1357285631_thumb.png

You could try to find the generic management software for your aircard, that which comes from the original manufacturer like ZTE, Huawei etc. The uninstall the AIS software and install the generic software.

Are there any identifying labels on the aircard indicating the manufacturer and specific model number?

You could try to find the generic management software for your aircard, that which comes from the original manufacturer like ZTE, Huawei etc. The uninstall the AIS software and install the generic software.

Are there any identifying labels on the aircard indicating the manufacturer and specific model number?

Some of the help documents reference ZTE so it is likely that brand. Maybe I'll search their website and see if they have any information. A bit wary of doing that in case AIS has some business layer protocol in the code that is required. Edited by T_Dog

Some of the help documents reference ZTE so it is likely that brand. Maybe I'll search their website and see if they have any information. A bit wary of doing that in case AIS has some business layer protocol in the code that is required.

Is there any information on aircard indicating the manufacturer or model number? What is the AIS name or model number. It could be a ZTE MF 190? Or a ZTE MF 669?

Generic management SW would be fine, thousands of other people use generic aircards to access the AIS/One-2-Call mobile data network. But if you had issues you could always go back. Now that I think about it, this may not be possible as the software would probably get loaded again from the aircard when you installed it.

You could try to re-flash the aircard with generic firmware from the OEM - this is obviously risky - or just get a new aircard.

Some of the help documents reference ZTE so it is likely that brand. Maybe I'll search their website and see if they have any information. A bit wary of doing that in case AIS has some business layer protocol in the code that is required.

Is there any information on aircard indicating the manufacturer or model number? What is the AIS name or model number. It could be a ZTE MF 190? Or a ZTE MF 669?

Generic management SW would be fine, thousands of other people use generic aircards to access the AIS/One-2-Call mobile data network. But if you had issues you could always go back. Now that I think about it, this may not be possible as the software would probably get loaded again from the aircard when you installed it.

You could try to re-flash the aircard with generic firmware from the OEM - this is obviously risky - or just get a new aircard.

We are in survival mode with this AIS aircard at the moment. An ADSL line is being run to the house in just a few weeks and then we are going to pitch this thing.

I have a ZTE HSUPA USB stick model MF 190. I have come to the conclusion that is is junk. It disconnects by itself quite often. No messages or anything. I am now using a MiFi and have no disconnects. It is a ZTE MF 30. Once in a while it simply shuts off and won't turn back on. Fortunately I had a double USB plug and use both USB ports to power the thing. So far so good but those are the last ZTE devices that I will buy.

Edited by Gary A

I have a ZTE HSUPA USB stick model MF 190. I have come to the conclusion that is is junk. It disconnects by itself quite often. No messages or anything. I am now using a MiFi and have no disconnects. It is a ZTE MF 30. Once in a while it simply shuts off and won't turn back on. Fortunately I had a double USB plug and use both USB ports to power the thing. So far so good but those are the last ZTE devices that I will buy.

I think it is something in AIS's network software that is currently calling for the firmware downloads, as I've never experienced this level of the messages and disconnects before. It has been occuring every 20 minutes, almost to the second, all day now. Well, at least the speed is ripping tonight.... Living in the sticks has its drawbacks..

2412912184.png

I think it is something in AIS's network software that is currently calling for the firmware downloads, as I've never experienced this level of the messages and disconnects before. It has been occuring every 20 minutes, almost to the second, all day now. Well, at least the speed is ripping tonight.... Living in the sticks has its drawbacks..

2412912184.png

I can't blame AIS because I'm using Truemove-H. I have been using the MiFi nearly all day without a disconnect, I have to blame the MF 190 air card for the frequent disconnects. I am using two USB ports to power the MF 30 MiFi. and have very little faith in the thing.

2412912184.png

Their is nothing special about the AIS connection software. You can install another option with the modem disconnected, insert modem and close down the AIS software after it starts up and then start up the new software and enter the APN details.

Alternative you can bypass the connection software altogether and use Windows to connect....or you can flash with a generic Dashboard update.

But you haven't come up with a model number.