Looking For Plastic Surgeon For Face Lift

coneyd

I'm going in tomorrow for a full face lift with Dr Amorn Poomee at Bumrungrad. Yes, he's expensive, but his reputation is fantastic. Google him and you won't find ONE negative word about him, but tons of positive. I've been communicating with him for months, had my initial in-person consultation with him last week, and he did a tummy tuck on my wife last week and she's doing well. Cost for the full face with lower eyelid and forehead lift is around 350,000 ThB, including all hospital fees, meds, anesthesiologist and two nights in a private room. Dr Poomee is one of only two US Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in the entire country. He practiced in California for over 20 years before returning to Thailand to head the Plastic Surgery Dept at Bumrungrad. Feel free to PM me in a few weeks and I'll be happy to share my experiences with you, though it does take about 6 months to see the full results.

Hello Bruce, I sent you a PM. I'll be doing a consultation with Dr. Sorawuth Chu-Ongsakul this April. Hope everything worked out for you.

Hi,

I wanted to let you know that Yanhee Does great work! The prices are so affordable! There is also now an American working in the international Departnment she has been so helpful with questions. Her name is Candi she will meet you at the Airport help you get checked into your hotel even suggest things to do while in Bangkok. her office is on the same floor as the international patients and visits them regularly to make sure your experince is exactly as you had hoped for. I have her e-mail address it's [email protected]

I highly recomend getting in touch with her she is a pleasure to deal with and prompt!

Sincerely

Paula

Hi,

I wanted to let you know that Yanhee Does great work! The prices are so affordable! There is also now an American working in the international Departnment she has been so helpful with questions. Her name is Candi she will meet you at the Airport help you get checked into your hotel even suggest things to do while in Bangkok. her office is on the same floor as the international patients and visits them regularly to make sure your experince is exactly as you had hoped for. I have her e-mail address it's [email protected]

I highly recomend getting in touch with her she is a pleasure to deal with and prompt!

Sincerely

Paula

HI Paula,

I have met Carmen and Nomar who were there for 4 years now and they gave my friends accurate information regarding plastic surgery you name it , they will give the information to you by email or you can give them a call, they had a lot of patients when I went there a few months ago, I believe they were the first guys who worked at the international Department. You can give them a call or send your inquiries at their email address carmen@yanhee,net or [email protected]. I hope this helps...

Hello!I am a chinese woman from Hong Kong and I've had my nose job done in Yanhee Hospital last year and it was great!currently I want to go for jaw reduction(mandibular angle resection)surgery coz I have a square jaw which is okay for a man but not okay for a woman..Can anyone recommend a good plastic surgeon in Thailand who specializes in jaw contouring surgery,pls?

Thank you for all your responses!

Kylie

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!I am a chinese woman from Hong Kong and I've had my nose job done in Yanhee Hospital last year and it was great!currently I want to go for jaw reduction(mandibular angle resection)surgery coz I have a square jaw which is okay for a man but not okay for a woman..Can anyone recommend a good plastic surgeon in Thailand who specializes in jaw contouring surgery,pls?

Thank you for all your responses!

Kylie

HI Kylie,,, at Yanhee Hospital you can have it done by any Drs there you can go there for consultation (free) anytime :o:D

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I have been a quite reader for some time and I think it is time to share my experiences and opinion on plastic surgeons for face lifts in Bkk. I have had facial surgery with both Dr. Poomee and with Dr. Preecha. To be frank - Dr. Preecha is by far the more skilled surgeon. It was him who corrected my nasolabial folds, not with fat injections but by a state-of-the-art facelift. The facelift done by Dr. Poomee did not last too long, I had to get a touch-up which was done by Dr. Preecha. I am still very happy with the results. I think, Dr. Poomee is too conservative and doesn't touch the more complicated cases.

Hope this is of help to anyone looking around for a top surgeon for facial work.

Shakun

Hi,

I have been a quite reader for some time and I think it is time to share my experiences and opinion on plastic surgeons for face lifts in Bkk. I have had facial surgery with both Dr. Poomee and with Dr. Preecha. To be frank - Dr. Preecha is by far the more skilled surgeon. It was him who corrected my nasolabial folds, not with fat injections but by a state-of-the-art facelift. The facelift done by Dr. Poomee did not last too long, I had to get a touch-up which was done by Dr. Preecha. I am still very happy with the results. I think, Dr. Poomee is too conservative and doesn't touch the more complicated cases.

Hope this is of help to anyone looking around for a top surgeon for facial work.

Shakun

How long is "not too long"?

5 years

Hi,

Shakun

Hi,

Shakun

5 years

That'll do!

Normally, a face lift should last 10 years to 15 years then you go for a repeat...

My touch-up was done 5 years ago and there is absolutely no sign of receeding until now.

Regards,

shakun

Hi,

Shakun

5 years

That'll do!

Some points to consider :

All surgery carries risks. Anaesthesia itself carries risks. People now hear and read so much about plastic surgery, they are beginning to regard it as being something akin to a trip to the dentist. People can and do die while undergoing plastic surgery.

Death during emergency/non-elective surgery is very sad, but death during elective surgery in an attempt to look young is tragic in a special way.

Plastic surgery will not necessarily make you look better, or younger. Look at websites like awfulplasticsurgery.com if unconvinced - and remember that these people probably have access to far more expensive plastic surgeons than you do.

Do we want to become a race of botoxed Kens and Barbies ?

On the issue of how long a facelift "lasts", as I understand it, depends on how tight a lift is done to begin with, which in turn affects hopw natural the results look.

Most ofthe women I see who've had face lifts look unnatural and it is instantly evident that they've had one. The lift I got from Dr. Poomee on the other hand looks utterly natural, no-one believed I had surgery, altho everyone could see I looked younger. However I can well believe it won't last more than 5 years or so.

I think it boils down to a trade-off between a natural look which sags again after 5 years or so, or a tighter look which will last a long time.

Another point to keep in mind is that if you lose weight after a face lift you will diminish the results because the skin will loosen/sag, any planned weight loss should be done before the surgery.

Sakun..do you mind if I ask regarding the "touch up"you got from Dr. Preecha:

- what was involved as compared to a full face lift? (time, anesthesia, recovery)

- how much did it cost?

Good to know fior future reference as I'm 2 years into my Dr. Poomee lift. Thanks

Dear Sharyl,

I am only too happy to answer your questions regarding my "touch up". The touch up was done in the same way as a full facelift, in my case it even went further. I just called it "touch up" because I went into the procedure assuming that I needed only a small revision of my previous face lift. But what was actually done on my face was more than a mrere touch up, it was a second facelift. Dr. Preecha undermined more skin than in the first surgery because I asked him to smoothen my naso-labial fold. (What you hear from most of the surgeon regarding naso-labial folds is: "These can not be taken care by a conventional SMAS face lift." Also the majority of surgeons in the west make this statement.) Dr. Preecha proved that he has the skill to reach the naso-labial folds and to flatten them. No need to inject any fillers or own fat. I was absolutely pleased with the result of this work.

With regard to your opinion that a natural look can only be reached with less tightening of the skin, I fully agree. The skin must never be tightened too much. But it is the work on the SMAS (the superficial musculo aponeurotic system under the skin) which makes the difference between a perfect and a mediocre face lift. If the SMAS underneath is well "prepared", there is no need to overstretch the skin. My facelift with Dr. Poomee looked natural (except that I still had the n.l. folds), my facelift with Dr. Preecha looks natural as well (minus the folds) and it lasts and lasts and lasts... I am not expected back until another ten years.

I don't exactly remember the cost for the touch up with Dr. Preecha, but it was reasonably priced, less costly than Dr. Poomees. Recovery time was the same, about ten days. Anesthesia was same as well, no general anasthesia in both cases.

I also needed a small revision of an extra twisted piece of skin after my first facelift. It was easy for Dr. Preecha to revise, but not for Dr. Poomee. He tried it (it was a minor thing but nevertheless disturbing) but did not succeed.

I can only support what Sobe stated: Dr. Preecha is a totally different league...

Kind regards,

Shakun

On the issue of how long a facelift "lasts", as I understand it, depends on how tight a lift is done to begin with, which in turn affects hopw natural the results look.

Most ofthe women I see who've had face lifts look unnatural and it is instantly evident that they've had one. The lift I got from Dr. Poomee on the other hand looks utterly natural, no-one believed I had surgery, altho everyone could see I looked younger. However I can well believe it won't last more than 5 years or so.

I think it boils down to a trade-off between a natural look which sags again after 5 years or so, or a tighter look which will last a long time.

Another point to keep in mind is that if you lose weight after a face lift you will diminish the results because the skin will loosen/sag, any planned weight loss should be done before the surgery.

Sakun..do you mind if I ask regarding the "touch up"you got from Dr. Preecha:

- what was involved as compared to a full face lift? (time, anesthesia, recovery)

- how much did it cost?

Good to know fior future reference as I'm 2 years into my Dr. Poomee lift. Thanks

• 3 years later...

I had my facelift, neck & upper _ & lower eye surgery from wonderful Dr. Preecha.

The result is excellent!

I am looking very fresh now ...ca. 10-15 years younger, but still not lifted. Dr. Preecha has much more skills as a "simple beauty Dr." He learned reconstructive surgeries, too ... and I can see this in my face, that he knows lots about "how to perform a good surgery"

I felt, that he is a really creative person with a vision for his patient and still full of fire for making his patient happy.

Just get shure, that HE will do your facelift!

I am shure that all the other Doctors at P.A.I. are also very good under Dr. Preecha´s trainings, but he was just amazing.

P.A.I. staff & all nurses in hospital also were very great with coordinations and hotel staff, driver....everything was well organized!

I was very nervous before.

Now I am more as happy & thankful.