Diesel Water Pumps?

fezman

some great advice from everyone here ,thanks a lot ,i have plenty to think about now.

Still think I am leaning towards putting up a small concrete structure now so i can get power on and then turn that into a bathroom when I build the new house out there .

need to get out of the middle of this village or start going crazy.lol.

thanks again ,shane

Living in a rural village takes time to adjust. Once you settle in, get known, become part of the village don't think you would want to live anywhere else.

Give it a try, kick back take it slow. The noise will disappear as your brain filters out the dogs, chickens, motor bikes, iron water buffalo at dawn, gun fire in my case and all the sounds that a village has[ yelling from one hut to another still gets me pissed ] but once settled a village is the best place to live. Jim

• Like 1

I have a 450 watt little generator at the house for the main power failures. It would run my computer, some lights and a fan. The automatic voltage regulator failed and I cannot find anyone to repair it. The 2,500 watt for the farm and water pump had a bad magneto coil and that is now repaired. I was telling my wife what she could run and not run when the pump is plugged into it. She wasn't too happy about those limitations.

I really had my mind made up to buy a water cooled Kubota or Yanmar diesel but the generators available have no automatic voltage regulators and the unit would cost about 60,000 baht. The shop that repaired my 2,500 watt generator also sells new ones. I ended up buying an electric start 5,000 watt gasoline powered unit for 18,000 baht. Kind of a no brainer as far as convenience and money. That one can stay at the farm so my wife can run any electrical thing she wants. Without the electric start, I'm not sure she could get it running. The best part is that everyone is happy.

The 2,500 watt will stay at the house and make things easier when the power fails.

I just bought one of those 18000 baht 5kw units. I forgot to close the gas valve after running it the other night and the dam_n thing drained 800 baht worth of fuel through the engine into the crankcase which of course wouldn't hold it all. I had only used the thing twice. Anywyas, I got a local shop to drain it fill it with oil and get it running. The motor was seized because of all the gas. He charged me 250 baht including the oil. Running the unit right now actually. Still living in a hut with no walls, electricity or toilet. If it rained, I would be in trouble. :)

I have a 450 watt little generator at the house for the main power failures. It would run my computer, some lights and a fan. The automatic voltage regulator failed and I cannot find anyone to repair it. The 2,500 watt for the farm and water pump had a bad magneto coil and that is now repaired. I was telling my wife what she could run and not run when the pump is plugged into it. She wasn't too happy about those limitations.

I really had my mind made up to buy a water cooled Kubota or Yanmar diesel but the generators available have no automatic voltage regulators and the unit would cost about 60,000 baht. The shop that repaired my 2,500 watt generator also sells new ones. I ended up buying an electric start 5,000 watt gasoline powered unit for 18,000 baht. Kind of a no brainer as far as convenience and money. That one can stay at the farm so my wife can run any electrical thing she wants. Without the electric start, I'm not sure she could get it running. The best part is that everyone is happy.

The 2,500 watt will stay at the house and make things easier when the power fails.

I just bought one of those 18000 baht 5kw units. I forgot to close the gas valve after running it the other night and the dam_n thing drained 800 baht worth of fuel through the engine into the crankcase which of course wouldn't hold it all. I had only used the thing twice. Anywyas, I got a local shop to drain it fill it with oil and get it running. The motor was seized because of all the gas. He charged me 250 baht including the oil. Running the unit right now actually. Still living in a hut with no walls, electricity or toilet. If it rained, I would be in trouble. smile.png

One of the scary things is that I haven't found a gasoline powered generator that has a warranty. The worst thing about it is if you have a problem, most dealers are not capable of fixing them. I am lucky to have a shop in Wang Saphung that is owned by a savvy mechanic. He replaced the bad magneto coil on my old 2,500 watt, put in a new spark plug and also replaced the starter rope. The bill was 690 baht. While I was looking at his new generators he mentioned that I should be careful if I bought one because of the lack of dealer service if I had any problems. He then told me that if I bought one from him and had any problems that he would fix it free. That's the main reason that I bought the 5,000 watt unit. He's going to have a shot at fixing my little 450 watt the next time I get over that way.

I ran the new one about 6 hours today pumping water into my pond. The well is evidently pretty strong because the one HP pump just kept pumping, I kept a close eye on it. That was a relief.

some great advice from everyone here ,thanks a lot ,i have plenty to think about now.

Still think I am leaning towards putting up a small concrete structure now so i can get power on and then turn that into a bathroom when I build the new house out there .

thanks again ,shane

Living in a rural village takes time to adjust. Once you settle in, get known, become part of the village don't think you would want to live anywhere else.

Give it a try, kick back take it slow. The noise will disappear as your brain filters out the dogs, chickens, motor bikes, iron water buffalo at dawn, gun fire in my case and all the sounds that a village has[ yelling from one hut to another still gets me pissed ] but once settled a village is the best place to live. Jim

I agree and I have been living in Khampaeng Phet province backing onto the Mae Wong national park for about 8 years now. In the mornings about 6 I have got my sons school bus down to 1 of 3 vehicles now and the rest are filtered out. Sometimes I wake in the night to hear a dog or 2 howling but mostly I sleep through it all.

thanks again ,shane

I agree and I have been living in Khampaeng Phet province backing onto the Mae Wong national park for about 8 years now. In the mornings about 6 I have got my sons school bus down to 1 of 3 vehicles now and the rest are filtered out. Sometimes I wake in the night to hear a dog or 2 howling but mostly I sleep through it all.

I am about 600 m from the village. It's perfect. Feels like living in the woods and it is, but 2 minutes away is the family and all that the small village has to offer which isn't much. We don't even have a market.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks again ,shane

thanks Jim ,we have had no internet here for over a week ,people keep stealing the wires .

Anyway your right ,I have been coming here for about 7 yrs but never stayed more than a few weeks but this time ,after six weeks I am getting used to it and starting to really enjoy it .It will be even better with internet but, LOL.

thanks again to you all for some great advice .

shane.