What Do Thais Think Of Thai Visa Forum?...

krisb

My Thai staff think TV forum is hilarious..in parts

You should let them read more than the support forum.

My Thai staff think TV forum is hilarious..in parts

You should let them read more than the support forum.

Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There may actually be more Thais paying attention to this forum than you may think; just because people don't post alot doesn't mean they don't read. If you look at the "how many people are on this forum" list there's always alot of people on it who aren't big posters. The small minority of regular posters provides the entertainment to the greater number of lurkers on this forum.

If you want to know what general Thai thoughts would be from reading Thaivisa it would probably be something like this:

1. "Falang like whinging. Falang should sit down and be quiet."

2. "Falang really like talk about bargirl. Falang need other hobby."

3. "Why Falang put house and car in name of girl Falang just meet?"

4. "Falang know about "sick buffalo". Need think better excuse."

P.S. there some pretty regular and obvious Thais on this board...oooh, like me, Mig16, or Samran. There are some "stealth Thais" too. Like you think they're Falang, when their actually Thais. I cannot disclose their secret identity. They're on a spy mission for the greater Thai continuum. Watch out. It could be anyone. ph34r.png

I bet you pull your hairs out of your head sometimes when reading stuff here. Though much of the stuff is not really about all Thais but idiot Thais. My gf drives the car a lot even with me next to her (she knows the roads better and is as good a driver as me). She is constantly complaining about the same things i am complaining about. Only she says selfish people and idiot's here on Thaivisa we would call them Thai's. Thais often have the same grievances as us, but just label them otherwise because they are Thai it would not be smart to say its a Thai habit.

• Like 2

OP: it's well known that Australians dish it out about other countries, but most cannot handle any criticism of their own country.

I discuss some TV topics with my Thai wife and if it's about poor customer service, poor driving skills and the endemic corruption she agrees. What she does find amusing is all the pontification and never ending discussions about BG's, just says Westerners are stupid.

I think most Australians would find issue with been stereotyped.. I do..

Looking quickly at your past posts, you appear to be Aussie that has made the move to Thailand... Sure you didn't leave something behind and holding a grudge?

I can honestly say I totally disagree with you and think its a moronic statement to make... Every country has the over patriotic, but to say that most of a country will get offended over some slack is ridiculous.

100% not the way anyone I associate with acts and its not something I have ever come across.

No I do not have any personal grudge against Australia, just voicing my opinion & to attack based upon your assumptions about me, is in itself moronic

As you do not have any personal grudge against Australia perhaps you would be kind enough to explain why you singled out Australia in your post?

You only mentioned Australia not any other country. And now you are attacking other posters who are commenting on your post.

You say you are only voicing your opinion. What have you based your opinion on?

I would be very interested in your response if you have the time to post again. Will you attack me also for commenting on your post or will we see a more reasoned and informative answer from you?

Though much of the stuff is not really about all Thais but idiot Thais. My gf drives the car a lot even with me next to her (she knows the roads better and is as good a driver as me). She is constantly complaining about the same things i am complaining about. Only she says selfish people and idiot's here on Thaivisa we would call them Thai's. Thais often have the same grievances as us, but just label them otherwise because they are Thai it would not be smart to say its a Thai habit.

Yes yes yes yes! Usually the stuff complained of on Thaivisa...well it happens to other Thais too! I think people should understand it's not just Thais out to screw Falangs...Thais screw each other in the same fashion. smile.png

Thank god for that!..I thought it was just us getting screwed!..Fill us in, what do Thais think about themselves and their country?..I wanna know.smile.png

Though much of the stuff is not really about all Thais but idiot Thais. My gf drives the car a lot even with me next to her (she knows the roads better and is as good a driver as me). She is constantly complaining about the same things i am complaining about. Only she says selfish people and idiot's here on Thaivisa we would call them Thai's. Thais often have the same grievances as us, but just label them otherwise because they are Thai it would not be smart to say its a Thai habit.

Yes yes yes yes! Usually the stuff complained of on Thaivisa...well it happens to other Thais too! I think people should understand it's not just Thais out to screw Falangs...Thais screw each other in the same fashion. smile.png

Thank god for that!..I thought it was just us getting screwed!..Fill us in, what do Thais think about themselves and their country?..I wanna know.smile.png

I think quite similar as what you think about your home country, there are idiots and scammers in it and there are things you dislike and some things you like.

Might be different for ultra nationalistic people in countries.

Fill us in, what do Thais think about themselves and their country?..I wanna know.smile.png

Really, you already know. Thais believe that Thailand is the greatest country on the planet; and if you Falang behave and lead a good life, you may be lucky enough to be born Thai in the next life. wink.pngclap2.gif

Edited by submaniac
  • Like 2

Fill us in, what do Thais think about themselves and their country?..I wanna know.smile.png

Really, you already know. Thais believe that Thailand is the greatest country on the planet; and if you Falang behave and lead a good life, you may be lucky enough to be born Thai in the next life. wink.pngclap2.gif

I have heard some stuff from Thais like that but they are usually the kind that have never traveled outside of Thailand. (not the born again as Thai part). They always ask me what i think of Thailand and are surprised when i say i love it but there are some bad things too. These are usually conversations to improve my Thai with taxi drivers and i don't hold much value to it as often they have not much knowledge of the outside world and see all those tourists come here so they think Thailand is the greatest country.

Im lucky then, according to the local monk, I was Thai in my last life.wai2.gif Lucky lucky!
  • Like 1

Id' like to know without the " force fed education" they receive "telling " them how great it is.

Nope I believe they have been force fed this from birth through the state machine and thru fear. some we cant even mention.

most of the farang people posting on here seem to think of themselves as thai so....

I don't think im Thai, but anyone who has lived here for a longer period of time will have changed a bit and would be different from then if he had spend the same period at his / her home country.

most of the farang people posting on here seem to think of themselves as thai so....

I don't think so. I started a thread critical of a Western nationality and it went 23 pages. I would think you are 180 degrees off the mark. Most Thai bashing threads such as education, women with children, driving habits and such go a few pages everyone agrees and then they stop. Pick any nationality other than Thais that frequent Thai Visa and criticize them over even a little thing and see what happens. For example try Thai beer as opposed to a beer form another country and see what happens.

• Like 1

I would imagine they think the same thing anyone else would think about a site about their home country filled with the same type of content.

I think the lack of Thai participation says all that needs to be said.

I quite enjoy reading the expat paper in my country. The comments are always hilarious and spot on, even if largely negative. I dislike many things about my birth country. In some ways I find it comforting that people who weren't brainwashed from young can see the same negatives I do, because most of my countrymen can not. Although there are always the few losers who will be miserable anywhere. But there are not many discussions of bar girls. Plenty of negativity towards the local men/women though.

All in all, I think there would be many Thais who would enjoy reading blogs, newspapers and forums from foreigners if they were better at English. Certainly many Thais are able to look past the usual nonsense and find the foreign perspective interesting.

• Like 2

I'm Thai, I just want to know u guys saying or comment something about here in Thailand (Just want to know what r u thinking? and what problem that Thai or local don't know that's the problem is out there... and i don't mind what r u talking about (because we are comes from a different place/social.)

Just 1 thing i don't feel comfortable, is when i read the Comment is about Thai Lady... (some kind like "Thai lady cheap" or blah blah blah...)

I know something u talk is true but just give them some respect that all what i want to say.

I respectfully agree...Thai ladies are many things but cheap they are not...

• Like 2

..........okay will ask the wife...

DEEAH..what you think Thaivisa?

What?

TV ..Thaivisa blog?

Whatdat?

You know the place on internet I talk to farangs...

What?

What do you think?

How I know dear..you do many things ..I not care..

Do you know what I am talking about?

No.

No?

Well I know you get mad with computer and some farang gay model makers..

Hugh?

Yes...many time you tell me about model makers.... not have girlfriends I think..

Hugh?

Yes I hear you say many model makers are wanke_rs and up themselves..

Hugh?

Okay I not know......forget it.....

...........you want tamarind or garlic pepper prawns?

I eat fish curry ...the sour one you not like....help me something I need you cut lemon grass.....

A relationship built on a solid foundation of understanding I see...lol

I'm Thai, I just want to know u guys saying or comment something about here in Thailand (Just want to know what r u thinking? and what problem that Thai or local don't know that's the problem is out there... and i don't mind what r u talking about (because we are comes from a different place/social.)

Just 1 thing i don't feel comfortable, is when i read the Comment is about Thai Lady... (some kind like "Thai lady cheap" or blah blah blah...)

I know something u talk is true but just give them some respect that all what i want to say.

Try having a mid life crisis in Tampa Florida. Pattaya is the hub of mid life crises for a reason. smile.png

OP: it's well known that Australians dish it out about other countries, but most cannot handle any criticism of their own country.

I discuss some TV topics with my Thai wife and if it's about poor customer service, poor driving skills and the endemic corruption she agrees. What she does find amusing is all the pontification and never ending discussions about BG's, just says Westerners are stupid.

I disagree, its perhaps well known to you. Its not easy to criticize Australia anyway. Perhaps thats why you think like this?

Nah, it's well known. Aussies love dishing it out, but genrally can't take it. Anyway bring on the Ashes and a back to back hammering.

On to topic, I'd imagine most Thais have better things to do than worry about what is on Thai Visa.

• Like 1

I agree with both of you. I am Thai like you, and yes it bothers me regarding disrespectful statements about Thai women. But please understand, it bothers ALOT of people on this forum. Like I know that most of the regular posters here are either married or in a serious relationship with a Thai woman, and same for many of the moderators. So if someone starts disrespectful Thai women...it will not go over well to say the least.

Spot on Submaniac. Well said.
  • Like 1

I agree with both of you. I am Thai like you, and yes it bothers me regarding disrespectful statements about Thai women. But please understand, it bothers ALOT of people on this forum. Like I know that most of the regular posters here are either married or in a serious relationship with a Thai woman, and same for many of the moderators. So if someone starts disrespectful Thai women...it will not go over well to say the least.

thumbsup.gifwhistling.gif

Feel free to disagree with others with respect but if you just came here to spew insults your posts will be deleted (as a few just have).

Come on, the poster asked for any Thai to see what they think, and when I told him what I actually think, why mine was deleted???

Yes, it's something you don't like, but that's what a Thai like me think.

If you don't want to hear it, why bother to create this thread???

Feel free to disagree with others with respect but if you just came here to spew insults your posts will be deleted (as a few just have).

Come on, the poster asked for any Thai to see what they think, and when I told him what I actually think, why mine was deleted???

Yes, it's something you don't like, but that's what a Thai like me think.

If you don't want to hear it, why bother to create this thread???

You did so in a rude and disrespectful manner. That is why it was deleted. We don'y publicly discuss moderation here either. Please refrain from doing either in the future, and welcome to Thaivisa.

Well I can say that I am full thai I was borne here educated here married here and own and work in my buisness here in thailand, and i can say for myself T/V is just another networking forum, somethings i agree with and some not, some attitudes, are illinformed or opinunated and some are good, it is the same for me as pantip.com ect ect.