Pajero V6

anon467848

Currently have a 3.2 Pajero Sport and was thinking about trading it in for the V6 model. Anybody here bought and would like to comment about performance and fuel economy.

There does not appear to be a lot of info about this model on the web.

Cheers...

There's not much info on them because no-one's buying, heh. Mating a naturally aspirated gasoline engine to a 2-tonner doesn't make a whole lot of sense in an economy where gasoline costs substantially more than diesel.

If you were considering converting it to LPG (and foregoing OEM warranty), and you don't routinely use it to carry people/loads, then it might make some sense from the POV of NVH and running costs... Otherwise, just 'upgrade' to the latest 2.5L diesel version and chip the thing - then you'll have the same sort of HP but with double the torque ;)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
There's not much info on them because no-one's buying, heh. Mating a naturally aspirated gasoline engine to a 2-tonner doesn't make a whole lot of sense in an economy where gasoline costs substantially more than diesel.

If you were considering converting it to LPG (and foregoing OEM warranty), and you don't routinely use it to carry people/loads, then it might make some sense from the POV of NVH and running costs... Otherwise, just 'upgrade' to the latest 2.5L diesel version and chip the thing - then you'll have the same sort of HP but with double the torque ;)

What do you mean by "chip the thing"? I'm getting a new 2.5l diesel pjs and I'm interested on getting the best performance I can out of it.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

If you were considering converting it to LPG (and foregoing OEM warranty), and you don't routinely use it to carry people/loads, then it might make some sense from the POV of NVH and running costs... Otherwise, just 'upgrade' to the latest 2.5L diesel version and chip the thing - then you'll have the same sort of HP but with double the torque wink.png

What do you mean by "chip the thing"? I'm getting a new 2.5l diesel pjs and I'm interested on getting the best performance I can out of it.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Here's 27 pages of reading pleasure for you: :)

• Like 1