When To Buy & What To Buy? 2012 Or 2013?

DerekAbroad

I want to buy a new Wave 125. When are the new models introduced and what effect does it have on the old model's price, if any? For examples, in the States, when a new year model car is introduced, last year's model is discounted. Does anything like that happen here with scooters?

When do the 2013 models come out? Should I buy a 2012 now? Wait until the 2013 comes out? Then I would buy a 2013 if the prices are the same or a 2012 if it is discounted.

Dealers pretty much charge what they like so it might pay you to shop around a bit in your local area. As for discounts, I only know of Vespa who are selling some models at reduced prices to clear stock. LX125ie costs 87900baht at the moment which isn`t bad for an all steel scooter with Vespa`s good rep.

Thanks guys, but I'm really only interested in a Wave. Maybe the wording is unclear. The point of this post is directed to whether or not 2012 Waves will be cheaper when 2013 models come out. I'm not concerned with new, different models. Just new 2012/13 Waves.

Sent from my Desire HD using Thaivisa Connect App

Who knows Derek, just wait until you get here and shop around, your almost asking how long is a piece of string

Rumour has it Honda will be announcing a few new models for Thailand next week. Probably the Forza and maybe the Airblade 125i. These are just rumours mind. Haven`t heard anything about updates to the Wave though.

Yes, there is a dealers' meeting on Wednesday. There will be some new models released. I post more info about the bikes as soon as I know more.

• Like 2

Who knows Derek, just wait until you get here and shop around, your almost asking how long is a piece of string

I am here, and I have shopped around. I'm not asking an impossible question. Simply: "Are 2012 models discounted when 2013 models come out?" I thought maybe some consumers of new bikes might notice if such a trend exists. Sumet Cycle would be the most qualified to answer since he sales bikes.

So, Sumet Cycle (sorry, forgot your name off the top of my head), do dealers discount last year's models when this year's come out?

I am here, and I have shopped around. I'm not asking an impossible question. Simply: "Are 2012 models discounted when 2013 models come out?" I thought maybe some consumers of new bikes might notice if such a trend exists. Sumet Cycle would be the most qualified to answer since he sales bikes.

So, Sumet Cycle (sorry, forgot your name off the top of my head), do dealers discount last year's models when this year's come out?

I guess it would depend on the particular model and how much stock was left over. There is no standard rule for lowering the price on previous year's models though.

Brian

• Like 1