Harley Davidson Mechanic Return To Cm Acfter Working In The States For Years

mascarakatze

A.J Has opened a Harley Davidson shop on the doi saket highway after the 3rd ring road on the opposite side of the street coming from the city. He is a graduate of the Harley Davidson University and has worked for years as a master Harley Davidson mechanic in Virginia.

He is a good and honest man and knows his trade

His phone is 080-7930501 and 081-9617829

post-170399-0-73058300-1357446662_thumb.

post-170399-0-58686200-1357446684_thumb.

Edited by onthedarkside
email removed as per forum rules
  • Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good news. Even in the US most guys prefer what we call an Indy. Dealers are routinely called Stealers. It's not that the Dealers are dishonest, they just charge the max for everything. As an example my indy installed some new S&S 510 cams in a bike, and offered to throw in the dyno runs and the download. A stealer would never offer that.

This is a very good thing.

• Like 1

much needed a reliable professional factory trained mechanic to add to already existing Harley repair shops

being a Harley theres always a lot of broken down bikes that need the work of professional factory trained mechanic..that said they do make a nice noise for the immature biker who likes to frighten old ladies as he rides past

• Like 2

to clarify. He opened a harley davidson repair and mechanic shop

i have used AJ on a number of occasions to work on my Harley..he is on to it big time .. its a pleasure to watch someone that actually knows what hes doing, not like some other outfits who fumble there way through and are more or less practising working on your expensive baby...at a guess i think he would be the most highly qualified HD Mechanic here in CM and certainly hope he stays around...hes got my business for sure and many more to come i would imagine. Edited by VETO72
  • Like 1

i have used AJ on a number of occasions to work on my Harley..he is on to it big time .. its a pleasure to watch someone that actually knows what hes doing, not like some other outfits who fumble there way through and are more or less practising working on your expensive baby...at a guess i think he would be the most highly qualified HD Mechanic here in CM and certainly hope he stays around...hes got my business for sure and many more to come i would imagine.

I don't get it. What's so special about a HD that it needs a highly qualified mechanic, to do normal maintenance? You know, changing oil, check tire pressure, check the chain etc. Or are the quality of the engines so balow, that one have tear the engine apart every now and then? blink.png

i have used AJ on a number of occasions to work on my Harley..he is on to it big time .. its a pleasure to watch someone that actually knows what hes doing, not like some other outfits who fumble there way through and are more or less practising working on your expensive baby...at a guess i think he would be the most highly qualified HD Mechanic here in CM and certainly hope he stays around...hes got my business for sure and many more to come i would imagine.

I don't get it. What's so special about a HD that it needs a highly qualified mechanic, to do normal maintenance? You know, changing oil, check tire pressure, check the chain etc. Or are the quality of the engines so balow, that one have tear the engine apart every now and then? blink.png

Are all of you replies so pedestrian

Well, HD is kinda temperamental in design. Tends to 'puke' oil from the filter if pushed too hard. The design has been stagnant for years, newest look being the v-rod (am talking about new design, not just a re-edit of old ones). Been told that it sounds like a tractor!.

The problem with repairs is that on occassion it requires specific tools that are not available outside of HD shops. The oil has to be a specific blend as the engine is air cooled, with oil being sprayed on the underside of the piston to help cooling.

HD are built tough, but parts are hard to find and pricey. Go to a qualify mech is better value for money.

Edited by mic6ard

A Harley hasn't had a chain in decades.

I always love the chirping of those who don't get it.

• Like 1

Well, HD is kinda temperamental in design. Tends to 'puke' oil from the filter if pushed too hard. The design has been stagnant for years, newest look being the v-rod (am talking about new design, not just a re-edit of old ones). Been told that it sounds like a tractor!.

The problem with repairs is that on occassion it requires specific tools that are not available outside of HD shops. The oil has to be a specific blend as the engine is air cooled, with oil being sprayed on the underside of the piston to help cooling.

HD are built tough, but parts are hard to find and pricey. Go to a qualify mech is better value for money.

I've never seen a piston that didn't have oil sprayed from below from a hole in the big end of the rod. Of course, I've never taken a second class engine apart either. I can tell you that every single car or pickup engine I've ever had apart had that. Maybe it's just a crazy idea to want the piston and wrist pin lubricated.

with a post full of great questions and answers about HD repairs/maintenance/mods... i can see why "YOU DONT GET IT". drunk.gif
  • Like 1

I have always found Richo Motor Sports on Wulai very easy to deal with. Large workshop in the back, pricing good, work very good,English and Thai spoken, and a far better location to drop off a bike and pick up than AJ.

Also have a lot of HD gear as well....and bikesrolleyes.gif

http://www.richcomotorsports.com/

Edited by mamborobert

A Harley hasn't had a chain in decades.

I always love the chirping of those who don't get it.

Yes they changed to belt drive around -84 or there about. What has this do with the need for a "qualified HD mechanic".

I have always found Richo Motor Sports on Wulai very easy to deal with. Large workshop in the back, pricing good, work very good,English and Thai spoken, and a far better location to drop off a bike and pick up than AJ.

Also have a lot of HD gear as well....and bikesrolleyes.gif

http://www.richcomotorsports.com/

I agree Ritchie has looked after me and. 4 HD for years

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

People who have not got a clue reply about HD bikes. Never owned one, never rode one. Why do you need a HD trained mechanic ? Each brand is different, and has its own quirks. Would you want a Honda mechanic to work on your Ferrari ! Get a grip. As to HD not being reliable - bouught my Dyna in 2005. Sold it in 2013. Besides tires it needed one inner primary seal. All you posters should remember the old adage - It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

• Like 2

People who have not got a clue reply about HD bikes. Never owned one, never rode one. Why do you need a HD trained mechanic ? Each brand is different, and has its own quirks. Would you want a Honda mechanic to work on your Ferrari ! Get a grip. As to HD not being reliable - bouught my Dyna in 2005. Sold it in 2013. Besides tires it needed one inner primary seal. All you posters should remember the old adage - It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

You are right on it seedy ...i work on my phantom/honda wave.... but my 2009 Harley forget it...can be costly when you f__k up ..People seem to forget Harley..Triumph and several other brands have come a long way since the 80"s.........AG"s skilled brain/ hands come near my HD as he does EVERYTHING HIMSELF..and with perfect English its all easy.....AWESOME.....easy place to get to as well...plenty of room..not stuck in the middle of the busy town.. fighting traffic in the heat smile.png

you are so right. I'm positives that the fools who write in wear Harley Davison t-shirts

Hear hear.

The Honda / Ferrari analogy should hit home. For some folks anyway.

Great news, thanks. Will check it out.

Richie, at Richco Powdercoating, has been great, too. So far, I always had my bike in and out, the same day there, which is great, because I don't want to loose much riding time, esspecially this time of year.

Always nice to have options and until recently, there were very few, in Northern Thailand.

10 years ago, I seen very few Harleys, in the Thai Clubs. Today, I see many. With more bikes, there will be more service centers opening up, all over, which is great for all of us HD riders.

As for basic maintenance, I would suggest, doing some of it yourself. You can order the official factory service manuals, quite cheap, for most Harley models, online. You might surprise yourself and actually enjoy, wrenching your own bike.

I started doing so again, out of neccessity, because I got tired of having my oil filters and bolts overtightened. If you want things done professionally, either do it yourself, if you know how, or take it to a professional.

Again, thanks for the info about AJ's new shop. I checked out his website, which had mostly merchandise and most of the writing was in Thai. Later I called and confirmed, that yes, he does do maintenance and mechanic work on HD's.

much needed a reliable professional factory trained mechanic to add to already existing Harley repair shops

being a Harley theres always a lot of broken down bikes that need the work of professional factory trained mechanic..that said they do make a nice noise for the immature biker who likes to frighten old ladies as he rides past

How many hve you owned or even had a ride on in the last 20 yrs.? Zero but see alot broken down,ya right.