Water Scenes !

samuijimmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

View across the Chao Phraya from the top of the Bhumibol bridge.

attachicon.gifThe Bridge.jpg

How do I get there. I want samesame, up there... Do you need special connections? I guess if I go up there by myself I would draw unwanted attention towards me...

>>View across the Chao Phraya from the top of the Bhumibol bridge.

How do I get there. I want samesame, up there... Do you need special connections? I guess if I go up there by myself I would draw unwanted attention towards me...

Draggons' occupied...It's easy if you consider it special attention. Go!thumbsup.gif

Edited by Dancealot

The winner of "Who has the biggest boat" competition.

Picture was taken from Saphan Hin towards Ao Makhan in Phuket. Distance was 4km. Finally could use the full 50x (1200mm) zoom smile.png

USS Nimitz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Nimitz_(CVN-68)

The Nimitz, clap2.gif . Excellent, Mr. Oilinky. I bet those sailors earned their shore-leave and that's why the 3 transport vessels are there

Edited by Dancealot

The Nimitz, clap2.gif . Excellent, Mr. Oilinky. I bet those sailors earned their shore-leave and that's why the 3 transport vessels are there

One TV member told me today that he could have arranged me to get to the ship for an tour if he would have known earlier that I really, really.. really wanted to go there.. Next time that is, maybe 2-3 years or so.

Safe that trip for when i get there with Jimmy to meet youthumbsup.gif , seriouslysmile.png

A famous bridge over a famous river.

a very good capture, cheers

i would have levelled the horizon before posting though

Which horizon?

Was wondering the same as I put it into Photoshop and put a line across the geographic horizon and it is pretty close to perfect. The mountains probably give an illusion of being otherwise.

A famous bridge over a famous river.

a very good capture, cheers

i would have levelled the horizon before posting though

Which horizon?

Was wondering the same as I put it into Photoshop and put a line across the geographic horizon and it is pretty close to perfect. The mountains probably give an illusion of being otherwise.

Check out the far river bank..........can't argue with a water level whistling.gif

Check out the far river bank..........can't argue with a water level whistling.gif

Perhaps just my personal preference but I would say it is technically quite accurate. If you level for the water line the geographical horizon would be off and I believe it is the most important plane to use in this case. 2nd, you followed the 2/3 rule perfectly but that doesn't always work. I realize in this case it is limited based on lens and position but a re-crop can put the focus more clearly on the bridge. The bright back ground is a bit of a distraction. My apologizes but I made a couple of samples to show what I mean. Just an exercise for me. biggrin.png

post-566-0-90386700-1370114382_thumb.jpg

post-566-0-76262800-1370114390_thumb.jpg

How would you level the background on a super wide panorama scene like the ones shot with a Go-Pro camera? That is my only knock with super wide angle lenses.

Here are a few shots of a lake in northern Thailand near Chiang Saen.

post-168760-0-91790300-1370133306_thumb.

post-168760-0-26014300-1370133340_thumb.

post-168760-0-87206200-1370133375_thumb.

nice pics, anyway i prefer beach water scenes...

Sir Zappalot, What beach do you get waves like that?w00t.gif I want to go!

yeah that's quite a wave....

Occasionally Chawang beach Samui, gets a few .... makes a nice change from boring non waves that we usually have here! wink.png

BTW all my likes are used up again today....w00t.gif

IMG_6059.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy

You want to go there because of the waves?

These kind of waves are rare i guess. This was in an April a few years ago in Phuket, Karon beach. So just before the rainy season is coming in, waves start to increase, I guess these ones were created far away as they had a lot of power.

But: they are really fun to play with!

DSC_9368.jpg

How would you level the background on a super wide panorama scene like the ones shot with a Go-Pro camera? That is my only knock with super wide angle lenses.

Here are a few shots of a lake in northern Thailand near Chiang Saen.

Actually they aren't that far off. The 1st image can be corrected with a simple rotation. In this case it was about .5 degrees off and a CCW rotation corrected it. Now for really wide or ultra-wide (rectilinear lens), not quite at fisheye lens ranges, than there are tools to correct for spherical or barrel distortion. Here are some good articles about that. Photoshop has built in lens correction routines and DxO is another good program for that.

DxO

DxO examples

PhotoShop howto

Just a simple rotation of image #1.

post-566-0-61352000-1370158041_thumb.jpg

Perhaps just my personal preference but I would say it is technically quite accurate. If you level for the water line the geographical horizon would be off and I believe it is the most important plane to use in this case. 2nd, you followed the 2/3 rule perfectly but that doesn't always work. I realize in this case it is limited based on lens and position but a re-crop can put the focus more clearly on the bridge. The bright back ground is a bit of a distraction. My apologizes but I made a couple of samples to show what I mean. Just an exercise for me. biggrin.png

attachicon.gifimage1 grid.JPG

attachicon.gifimage1 nogrid.JPG

i suppose you are right, it just looked off to me.I defer. i like the image either way.

You want to go there because of the waves?

These kind of waves are rare i guess. This was in an April a few years ago in Phuket, Karon beach. So just before the rainy season is coming in, waves start to increase, I guess these ones were created far away as they had a lot of power.

But: they are really fun to play with!

Yes, sir! just because of the wavessmile.png .

And the occasional aircraft carrier embarkingwhistling.gif .

The Andaman ocean looks a lot more powerful then the gulf of Thailand. Krabi had the biggest waves I ever experienced in Thailand.