Airport Price Comparison For Duty Free

Never seen, just have to check the individual airport Duty Free shops out.

Surprising found that just before Immigration when returning to BKK that one of the shops there had a sale on and the prices were a heck of a lot cheaper than Duty Free at CDG and also at SVO and DUS, so the wife just had to buy another "Longchamps" bag.

• Like 1

Surprising found that just before Immigration when returning to BKK that one of the shops there had a sale on and the prices were a heck of a lot cheaper than Duty Free at CDG and also at SVO and DUS, so the wife just had to buy another "Longchamps" bag.

hahahaha..... My gf just had to have another Longchamp at the duty free in SIN last week.... It was on sale!!!!

I have also noticed duty free prices range from location to location but the airports are always cheaper than what you can buy on the plane from the DF magazines.

I think at most, and I travel to Europe a lot, sometimes US, and now Thailand, that you rarely save more than £3 on most things (not cigarettes/booze - that stuff is much cheaper than buying at home)

I'm talking the duty free clothes/electrical items, consumable goods.. oh and Toblerones can bite my behind, no-one can eat one of those beasts!

In my experience, the Duty free shops in Bahrain and the UAE are the cheapest. Heathrow is a total rip-off.

I never buy anything in Swampy, but that's more because I don't want to reward the corrupt individuals that monopolise it.

hahahaha..... My gf just had to have another Longchamp at the duty free in SIN last week.... It was on sale!!!!

I have also noticed duty free prices range from location to location but the airports are always cheaper than what you can buy on the plane from the DF magazines.

I find the opposite. Its almost always much cheaper on the plane. A recent example, one of those multiplug adaptors, 1790 in airport duty free, 1190 on the plane.

I find the opposite. Its almost always much cheaper on the plane. A recent example, one of those multiplug adaptors, 1790 in airport duty free, 1190 on the plane.

This is not always true

Another thing to keep in mind is that airlines stock is around 100 - 150 products and their bottle sizes are usually 750ml

I think it's best to know locations for prices.

For example Thailand is best for cigs over Australia but alcohol is cheaper in oz over Thailand ,

But then saying all of the above street price for cigs in Cambodia is cheaper than duty free in Cambodia

For example Thailand is best for cigs over Australia but alcohol is cheaper in oz over Thailand ,

But then saying all of the above street price for cigs in Cambodia is cheaper than duty free in Cambodia

So a list like I said would tell you that ... Seems there is no liste

So a list like I said would tell you that ... Seems there is no liste

Nope as i said, its knowing the locations,countries

I am pretty sure one can easily find most/any/all airline duty-free catalogs on-line? Not sure how easy it would be to find "in-airport" price-lists except perhaps on some travel forums?

https://www.google.c...y free catalogs

I get a 10% discount on UA so sometimes buy NRT-BKK, otherwise I buy a 1L single-malt on arrival at BKK - if I haven't brought back a Patron in my checked bag already. Most other things I just buy on-line in the U.S. and hand-carry back. A few neighbors and colleagues have been 'ordering' a lot make-up as MAC, Laura Mercier is ~ 50% at Sephora vs. prices here.

Edited by lomatopo

I bought a bottle of Beefeater Gin, for 550 baht at the Duty Free in BKK arrivals. EVA Air does not carry it, and it was cheaper than at departure. Heavy glass bottle too.

The advantage for me was that I did not have to carry it around. As soon as I purchased it, I popped it into the luggage and set off for the mysterious city of UdonThani.

• 1 month later...

Bombay Sapphire ex-BNE 2 (1 litre) for $A50, they've also just released an 'eastern' version of it which if I remember correctly had lemon grass added to it..

Was tempted to buy, but still have several bottles of Tanq 10 unopened at home.

Not sure on DF prices here in BKK, I find supermarkets to be quite reasonable in terms of liquor when comparing prices back home (Australia)

Bombay Sapphire is probably a bad example to use for price comparison because the duty-free version is usually 47 pc alcohol whereas the local versions are usually 40 pc alcohol.

Technically speaking you shoild not be able to bring the 47pc version into Thailand as alcoholic drinks above 40 pc are not allowed.