Good School For My Son In Kanchanaburi

Livinginexile

My son is in year one and attends the local school in Wang Yen about 20 k's out of town. His first language is english and now he is speaking almost fluent Thai, he loves it and all his mates are there but next term I want to enrole him in a private school in Kan.

Has anyone out there got their kids in school in Kanchanaburi? any good recommendations?

Any help most appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

He now goes to Sarasit in Ban Pong, its a boarding school and he loves it.

Hi Blackjack,

Thanks for the info about schools near Kancha.

I looked at the school website but could'nt find anything on school fees. My son will be year 2 next term and looks perfect for him!

Could I please bother you with a couple of questions?

What are the school fees per term for 7 year old boy and does the school allow students to board week days only?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, are u on about Daruna or Sarasit.

I'm asking about Sarasit, i'm working in Cambodia at the moment so can't go to the school for info.

I'll be back in Kancha in early March and will visit the school then.

Shame their website is in Thai only.

What do they charge per term for 7 year old?

Can't give exact figures as my wife sorts it but this past year my boy was 9yrs old and we paid approximately 60,000bt + uniforms,books in April then mid term break in October another 60,000bt. Can't remember a significant difference in his previous year. We take him home every 2 weeks, 1600hrs Fri till 1600hrs Sun. Don't know about every week you would have to talk to them. The master speaks good English so that's no problem.

Can't give exact figures as my wife sorts it but this past year my boy was 9yrs old and we paid approximately 60,000bt + uniforms,books in April then mid term break in October another 60,000bt. Can't remember a significant difference in his previous year. We take him home every 2 weeks, 1600hrs Fri till 1600hrs Sun. Don't know about every week you would have to talk to them. The master speaks good English so that's no problem.

Thank you very much for this info!

I will check them out when I get back to Thailand next month.

Once again, thanks a lot.