Irish Pub, Korat

buadhai

Just to note that the Irish Pub in Korat (next to the Sima Thani Hotel) has been open every day this month except for Makha Bucha Day.

I realize that no one who reads this forum can afford the 60 baht beers at the Irish Pub, but in case you run into someone with real coin you might let them know that the place seems to be really, really open, for sure, yeah.

Just to note that the Irish Pub in Korat (next to the Sima Thani Hotel) has been open every day this month except for Makha Bucha Day.

I realize that no one who reads this forum can afford the 60 baht beers at the Irish Pub, but in case you run into someone with real coin you might let them know that the place seems to be really, really open, for sure, yeah.

Let it go Mike, it aint worth the headache :o

Edited by Call_me_daddy57

Let it go Mike, it aint worth the headache :D

Meaning, what, exactly?

Mike,

I assumed that your post was a dig at the TV members (me included) that mentioned the Irish Pubs beer prices are a bit on the steep side. (previous thread about the Irish Pub in Korat)

I thought you would have seen the funny side of my comment "it aint worth the headache" as your Avatar and member name are from a Thai aspirin powder.

I apologize if I got the meaning of your op wrong :o

Real Ale? or UK brews? I could just do with a "Black and Tan" Any popular special time or day of the week when farangs congregate? :o

The place is poorly managed, so nobody goes there. Only Thai beers AFAIK. And, she charges 60 baht for a Chang which keeps the heavy drinkers away. I've been in there a half a dozen times. Usually I'm the only customer. Right now there are some American military guys in Korat for some sort of exercise so they drop in now and then. I'm sure that when the exercise is over the bar will close again.

It's a shame because the place is beautifully finished with first class fixtures. It's air conditioned, has a great sound system with excellent music. It has a decent pool table and dart board.

What it desperately needs is a manger who's capable and interested.

I'll keep going as long as it is open, but only because it's the only proper Western-style bar in Korat and bellying up to a "real" bar is one of the things I miss.