6 Month Back Log For Ford Body Parts What Would You Do?

We own a Ford Everest model yr 2004 the mrs tagged the wall to our entrance back in late July 2012 it is now Jan 2013 and still no parts from Ford for the body shop to repai the vehical. How can this be true? Isnt a major brand required to stock parts? Any and all practical suggestions welcome.

We own a Ford Everest model yr 2004 the mrs tagged the wall to our entrance back in late July 2012 it is now Jan 2013 and still no parts from Ford for the body shop to repai the vehical. How can this be true? Isnt a major brand required to stock parts? Any and all practical suggestions welcome.

Contact Ford directly. Complain. Is it a Ford garage body shop? Maybe they are waiting for after market parts!

When I needed a new bumper for my 2004 Ranger the body shop had it within 3 days.

sent from my Q6

Edited by thaicbr

Go to a breakers.

I assume the OP will be paying for a new part, and not covered by insurance? Did the OP get as quote on the cost of the part? The breaker yard should have a part available, and much cheaper. The dealers usually don't have a stock of parts for our old cars, and can take some time to get it. 6 months seems a bit ridiculous though. It's almost as if they have forgotten about it or lost the paperwork. Try the breakers yard.

I experienced the same problem with a Nissan. When I contacted Nissan myself it turned out the insurance company was using the services of a parallel importer to save a few Baht, and that was the issue, Nissan still had plenty of parts.

Maybe the same here?

Manufacturers don't want to carry anything they don't have to, so they do batch runs while the model is still current, store the parts in their warehouse and when they run out of that part it's "All Over Rover!" The exception being parts that carry over to the new model.

• 3 weeks later...

maccaroni man, hope your repairs went OK.

Was your repairer was being economical with the facts about the parts time?

We just got some body panels for our 2010 Ranger from Ford in less than a week.

Last year a friend with an Escape about the same age as your car had no drama getting new panels from Ford.