New Honda Models For 2013

SumetCycle

Just spoke with some of Honda's R&D team. They said they decided to do the CRF motard because of the suggestions I made to them last year. We spoke and they listened.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Thai's are great like that smile.png

I suspect this is a response to the D-Tracker, just as the CBR250 was a response to the Ninjette, the Scoopy was a response to the Fino, the MSX125 was a response to the KSR110, the CBR500R was a response to the ER6F, the CB500F was a response to the ER6n, the CB500x was a response to the Versy etc.

I'm not doubting the quality of the bikes, but to be honest I'm starting to wonder if the R&D director at Honda is Chinese....

Somebody beat me to it with the wikipedia link, but the Scoopy was actually released internationally in 2002 and the FIno followed it up in 2004....but no doubt that they're playing follow up to Kawasaki in the Kingdom...and beating them quite badly when they do join the market.

But than again, if I owned stock in a company I'd than I wouldn't mind some other company taking the risk with new model introductions especially if I knew that the company I was invested in would just swoop in and steal the market.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke with some of Honda's R&D team. They said they decided to do the CRF motard because of the suggestions I made to them last year. We spoke and they listened.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Thai's are great like that smile.png

I suspect this is a response to the D-Tracker, just as the CBR250 was a response to the Ninjette, the Scoopy was a response to the Fino, the MSX125 was a response to the KSR110, the CBR500R was a response to the ER6F, the CB500F was a response to the ER6n, the CB500x was a response to the Versy etc.

I'm not doubting the quality of the bikes, but to be honest I'm starting to wonder if the R&D director at Honda is Chinese....

Somebody beat me to it with the wikipedia link, but the Scoopy was actually released internationally in 2002 and the FIno followed it up in 2004....but no doubt that they're playing follow up to Kawasaki in the Kingdom...and beating them quite badly when they do join the market.

But than again, if I owned stock in a company I'd than I wouldn't mind some other company taking the risk with new model introductions especially if I knew that the company I was invested in would just swoop in and steal the market.

My mistake - indeed that is one exception to what is clearly happening. I also forgot the release of the CRF250L in response to Kawasaki's KLX250. Anyway it doesn't really bother me which company is leading and which company is following, and their profits don't interest me as I don't have shares in either company - just thought it was worth mentioning. Didn't mean to upset any fanboys thumbsup.gif

Yes, and you can take it in any elevator and store it in your condo. And after some beers the Mini-Me in us can ride it on top of the apartment block. Making stunts riding through neighbours washing lines. Like that idea thumbsup.gif

With a 30 inch seat height most Thais and those farangs who aren`t morbidly obese won`t find this little bike cramped. Should make it a 5 speeder though.

Yep, about the same seat height as a Honda wave, and not a million miles away from the little CBR's

5 speed gearbox would have been nice, the KSR is also a 4 speed (coincidentally)...

• Like 1

How many gears do you really need for 9hp??

Just curious but is that the same hp as a Wave 125i ?

I think the wave had 9 or 9.8 something like that?

I'm not sure but I've heard it's very similar to the wave engine. It could be the same engine with a clutch.

i whish i had more than 4 gears on my ksr (165CC)

Kawasaki CM has a 6 speed kit for the KSR with clutch. They also have a Motor kit to boost it to 25 hp

Yep i have seen it thinking to get it, got the manual clutch and a big bore kit 165cc + carb already. Not sure about the hp now but can go up to 130+

How many gears do you really need for 9hp??

At least 6, including overdrive for speeds stunts above 130kmh coffee1.gif

Ironic that you should comment on cunning stunts :)

This bike has the same hp as a Wave, same seat height as a Wave, 4 gears like a Wave. Your long overdue upgrade from the mighty Tiger to the lofty heights of the monstrous CBr150 seems to have gone to your head. Maybe the fact that a couple of guys on the forum who own one or more 'real' bikes are considering buying this bike as a fun runaround is vexing you somewhat? :)

i whish i had more than 4 gears on my ksr (165CC)

Kawasaki CM has a 6 speed kit for the KSR with clutch. They also have a Motor kit to boost it to 25 hp

Yep i have seen it thinking to get it, got the manual clutch and a big bore kit 165cc + carb already. Not sure about the hp now but can go up to 130+

Really? How much was this kit?

At least 6, including overdrive for speeds stunts above 130kmh coffee1.gif

Ironic that you should comment on cunning stunts smile.png

This bike has the same hp as a Wave, same seat height as a Wave, 4 gears like a Wave. Your long overdue upgrade from the mighty Tiger to the lofty heights of the monstrous CBr150 seems to have gone to your head. Maybe the fact that a couple of guys on the forum who own one or more 'real' bikes are considering buying this bike as a fun runaround is vexing you somewhat? smile.png

JonnyF (also known as Johnny Stalker?) please stay on topic. Thanks.

Man that must feel very fast on those smaller wheels.

Agree, must be a crazy feeling. But i guess thats what these bikes are made for smile.png

Really? How much was this kit?

Man that must feel very fast on those smaller wheels.

The kit is about 20k if I remember right. And yes it feels fast but its fun cause the bike is so light. However if u are going that route there are also other things to improve to ride it stable that fast, better brakes, harden front forks, better rear shock, oil cooler and good tires. Alltogether quite a lot of money, id it worth it? Up to you for me its fun and a hobby

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Thaivisa Connect App

Still not sure about the prices. I'll see if I can find out more later.

Did you find out when, and how much for the CRF Brian?

It will be released in March, but no price yet.

The Forza will be released in February, but again no price yet.

The MSX 125 will be released this month. The MSRP is 66,000.