3Bb Fibre Optic

bazmlb

Lol............ Marketing Gimmick

I guess they can do one Moobaan. In addition, 30MB over fibre is like having a german autobahn on which only ox carts will drive down. DOCSIS already can do 100 to 200 Mbs (depending on distance to port and network quality ) , as such, fiber should be way more than that.

The final death blow........... building fiber to the home on a large scale is extremely expensive, and at 1200 baht most likely they are subsidizing it to show the market they have Fiber.

The Australian NBN i estimate would cost about $7500 per household, would would work out to be about $120 per month for 5 years if you wanted to return your fiber investment, let alone the back end connectivity and staff costs.

If you can get for that cost, cool - but i doubt there will not be many people to which it can be provisioned for

Edited by skippybangkok

I see 3BB now want a year in advance for any Foreigner wanting internet, even for their base end packages, no more pay by the month.

Where do you see that?

The shop told me when i went to ask about a 10m/512k new service, it's their new policy to avoid people skipping contracts

I see 3BB now want a year in advance for any Foreigner wanting internet, even for their base end packages, no more pay by the month.

Where do you see that?

The shop told me when i went to ask about a 10m/512k new service, it's their new policy to avoid people skipping contracts

In pattaya they had to many farangs skipping off. So, if you do not register in a thai - name, you pay a year up front.

Where do you see that?

In pattaya they had to many farangs skipping off. So, if you do not register in a thai - name, you pay a year up front.

Same in Khon Kaen .. wife took my family name when we married so we couldn't do the Thai name zig-zag. ;)