Pm Advises Children To Keep Discipline, Seek Knowledge Outside Classroom

Lite Beer

"Speaking to more than 700 children meeting her on Wednesday, the premier said children are a major driving force to develop the country."

then will teach you how to be corrupt and then how to scam ,

Hopefully their grammar development will surpass that which is in this article - eg.

Citing the Children’s Day motto “Keep discipline, seek knowledge, pursuit academic excellence to lead the country towards the ASEAN community”, the prime minister said it means young people should adhere to self-discipline and also respect and obey both family and society’s discipline, considered as fundamental for children development.

Unfortunately, "discipline" in the Thai context means "obedience and subservience." When it should mean focus, diligence, persistence, work ethic, achievement, and helping others, but no such guidance exists in Thailand.

Excellent +1 Whats she is actually doing is pointing out at this time she has not had enough time or does enough time remain, before 2015 to bring the kids to a level that will enable Thailand to compete in an open free market . This is no fault of hers individually, was it not her predecessor (Mark) who said it was not possible to teach English as a second language in Thailand. She will reform this Victorian Education system over the next 10 years of Government ( Yes 10 at least) but then it will take a generation to see the effects of these changes. In the meantime she is advising students to use what information is out there (internet, social networks etc) to self improve themselves not go for private tuition

Edited by metisdead
: 30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

And when the child has sought knowledge outside the classroom and politely explains to the teacher that they are wrong what will happen to the child.

The teacher can NEVER be WRONG, else they would lose face and respect and that would never do, would it?

I can remember, decades ago, helping a girlfriend with some English homework for her University studies and how shocked I was when she was not only told it was completely wrong but her teacher got upset when told politely that her "friend" (me) had helped her and he was a well educated native speaker.

I was naive then. I've since had the same experience with my Thai nieces but was no longer shocked...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Did the same with my step daughter and she came home with 3 out of 4 wrong. I asked her to ask the teacher what was wrong with the answers. Firstly that sort of question to your superior is taboo and even if she had asked the teacher could not have told her...causing loss of face blah de blah de blah

I am surprised she didn't tell those kids that the international community doesn't like the Thai constitution and therefore it should be amended.

A missed opportunity..

Not really she got a photo op out of it.

That is the number 2 item on her agenda right behind get Thaksin back all shinny and new.

I guess she realizes the uselessness of her education plans and has to urge people to get there knowledge out side of the class room.

"That is the number 2 item on her agenda right behind get Thaksin back all shinny and new" and 46 billion+interest richer.