No More Seven Days Later Reports For 90 Days Tm 47 In Phibun Mangsahan

sirchai

Hello,

Went to Phibun last Friday, as i didn't get my new date of the TM 47 sent back to me. The nice gentlemen isn't there anymore, seems that he's too friendly with people like us?

Two female officers were okay that my letter was two days late, as there was the King's birthday between. But you can't make proper food without asking the Chef.\

The Chef, in form of an older unfriendly woman made it clear. 2,000 baht fine and a stamp in my passport. i had to actually sign a document that I'd agree.

I'm pretty sure that such a stamp in my passport isn't really good for any upcoming visits to Immigration, like visa application in May etc......

Never had one day overstay in 10 years of living here, had a nice relationship with them.But it ended when the nice guy left. (Or had to leave?)

They expect you to send it in not later than two days before your 90 days end.Indeed a Happy New Year 2013......w00t.gif

P.S. I've also received such a "fine report", the one attached is from the net.

post-108180-0-67888800-1357726957_thumb.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you mailed it in there is no 7 day grace period after the reporting date and the fine is valid. Also, that scan is of overstaying and not late in address reporting or did you have some other point for posting it?

Phibun immigrations has gone to the dogs. Nice bloke you mentioned was shifted to Mukdahan. All the staff there are women and all new. It is a 5 hour return drive for me to get there and they made me do it twice this week, This was after I had called and confirmed they could help me. They made me bring my children back with me to prove I had kids here. When I politely voiced my displeasure and said how I had called the day before to confirm everything the fat woman sitting at her desk jumped up, knocking her chair over and started yelling at me. The other staff had to make her sit and calm down.

Dot your i's and cross you t's because this new team is a real pain.

The friendly guy (Piya) told me he didn't want to be transferred. I called his cell phone to ask if my visa paperwork had been approved several months ago and he remembered it had come in before he left. Talk about 1st class service. The new head lady was quite rude last time I made an inquiry. Wasn't asking for favors, just information. She wouldn't even turn around from what she was doing to talk.

Edited by ubonrthai
  • Like 1

When I politely voiced my displeasure and said how I had called the day before to confirm everything the fat woman sitting at her desk jumped up, knocking her chair over and started yelling at me. The other staff had to make her sit and calm down.

Well, look on the bright side, you're not married to her. smile.png

Considering that there are people out there married to such a dragon, makes me throw up.-laugh.png

Must have a Jekyll and Hyde personality.

I too have been put off by her unwillingness to answer any queries politely on previous occasions and when my retirement application was rejected, she wasn't very forthcoming with the explanation. Compare that with the previous lady, Srimuang - she was a gem.

However, when I had finished my marriage application on the next visit she apologised for the time the process takes in writing and processing, thanked us for our patience, and then proceeded to explain the reasons for the retirement rejection when I asked her again.

Now we just have to find out how to predict which will be her good and bad days!

• Like 1

I'm just glad my wife wasn't there as she loves nothing better then an argument with rude officials who are in a position of power. In fact when I called her after to tell her what happened she told be to go back inside and kick some heads. Said she would bail me out of jail if she had to!

I too have been put off by her unwillingness to answer any queries politely on previous occasions and when my retirement application was rejected, she wasn't very forthcoming with the explanation. Compare that with the previous lady, Srimuang - she was a gem.

However, when I had finished my marriage application on the next visit she apologised for the time the process takes in writing and processing, thanked us for our patience, and then proceeded to explain the reasons for the retirement rejection when I asked her again.

Now we just have to find out how to predict which will be her good and bad days!

7 days a month....so you got odds of 1 in 4 i think.

next time take her a nice box of laxatives wrapped with a ribbon,that should put a smile on her facebah.gif

Phibun has certainly turned a 180 from very good to bad.

Two trips for 5th extension because they wanted copy of wife's divorce certificate from 24 years ago. Luckily we had copy at home.

On second trip they lost my 90 day report receipt during the process and wanted to fine me 2000 baht. My report also mysteriously disappeared from the computer. Wife was getting a little hot so we left for a cool down period and to hit ATM just in case. On return I asked if they kept copies of report. Reply was them going to a cabinet and bringing out stacks of reports close to date I thought we made the report with a printout listing reports made that day. Wife was very happy when she found my name on list and then attached report. Lots of head scratching and discussion by staff but no fine and report done.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

49 pieces? I signed 95 or so last time. Every page of passport remember. smile.png

Strangely enough, the woman didn't want that from me but I know of others who needed to -- dunno why?.

If anyone reading this article knows your woman's name, could you please pm to me NOT on open forum. Maybe ours has been transfered to you following many complaints -- now that would be a turn up if she's taken the bad attitude with her.

I always find the police ladies at Immigration Phibun very pleasant. They do a good job considering the very tiring environment of having to deal with unprepared, under-dressed, unshaven, often smelly foreigners several hours per week. And there are also problems with these people getting angry about very little things such as, not the right forms, not the original documents, not enough photo-copies of every page, bank information two days too early, etc etc.

I always find the police ladies at Immigration Phibun very pleasant. They do a good job considering the very tiring environment of having to deal with unprepared, under-dressed, unshaven, often smelly foreigners several hours per week. And there are also problems with these people getting angry about very little things such as, not the right forms, not the original documents, not enough photo-copies of every page, bank information two days too early, etc etc.

Dear Michael,

You're right and wrong at the same time. Guess you haven't met the new staff yet? Here's my experience last Friday:

Drove to Phibun in time, not short before lunch time etc...I'm always well dressed when going to any places like immigration, I do have good manners and know how to behave. Yes, I've seen the old staff dealing with guys who behaved like freaking monkeys.

Should i have said: " Kothoot, na khrap, I'm married to a fantastic lady, a farmer's daughter,living here for ten years, teaching Thai kids for almost eight years. I held seminars for Thai English teachers how to teach English, as a part of my job.

Taught the "Royal Thai Tourist police for free, volunteered for them and still do.

"Pee khap, I can show you the tax clearance of the last ten years, here's my European police and the Thai police clearance that I'm not a criminal" Could go on and on and on....

But the problem was that THIS woman wasn't even looking into it, even after two other female immigration officers had already given me green light, that a verbal warning would be it

But THIS woman just jelled that I'd have to pay a fine. No way to say anything else to her.

My point being is, people in such a position should be able to differentiate between customers.who don't know how to behave and such who live here a long time, speak and understand her language,know how to behave and understand their culture.

Good day!--wai2.gif

• Like 2

I have found the two front-desk ladies very nice and helpful. Before applying for my marriage visa the young one (Bprahn) gave us a form with the boxes ticked that related to our particular situation; also showed us examples of photos and map required, and a letter that my wife had to write as to why we didn't have children in our marriage (yes, really!).

No use complaining to them about the piles of paperwork and seemingly stupid documents required; as the girl said, they don't make the rules just try to carry them out as well as possible. When the long, long process was over she thanked us for not becoming irate at the time taken, as sometimes happens apparently.

I wish that we could have the same staff as a couple of years ago back in Phibun, and I have had issues with the lady who signs the forms, as I mentioned before, but certainly the front-desk staff do a good job in sometimes difficult circumstances and with applicants of all shapes, sizes and temperament, in my experience anyway.

The lady who abused me was the over weight one sitting behind the front desk girl. The front desk girl was the one who I had spoken to on the phone and confirmed everything was fine for me to come in alone with out my family. Turn up with everything thing in order and all of a sudden she decides I need to return home and collect my kids and wife. I told her my 1 year old son is very sick (the truth) she said leave him in the village with a neighbour. Like hell I would. Manage to convince her that I could just bring my two girls. Last year when I did the same thing I called and checked and was told I could come alone and I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Michael, when was the last time you were there? You know me personally and know that I would be polite, well (ok reasonably) dressed and sober, it makes no difference. I had called ahead, I had all the right documents. They were rude from the moment I walked in the door. All I wanted was an extra 30 days, not keys to the Kingdom. I do agree with you though 100% about the idiots they have to deal with. I have personally seen foreigners who can barely walk let alone talk without slurring and stinking the place out harassing the front desk as well as the ones getting angry over the first problem they encounter which is almost their own fault.

Edited by MeMock
  • Like 1

I have found the two front-desk ladies very nice and helpful. Before applying for my marriage visa the young one (Bprahn) gave us a form with the boxes ticked that related to our particular situation; also showed us examples of photos and map required, and a letter that my wife had to write as to why we didn't have children in our marriage (yes, really!).

No use complaining to them about the piles of paperwork and seemingly stupid documents required; as the girl said, they don't make the rules just try to carry them out as well as possible. When the long, long process was over she thanked us for not becoming irate at the time taken, as sometimes happens apparently.

I wish that we could have the same staff as a couple of years ago back in Phibun, and I have had issues with the lady who signs the forms, as I mentioned before, but certainly the front-desk staff do a good job in sometimes difficult circumstances and with applicants of all shapes, sizes and temperament, in my experience anyway.

Yes, the two younger ones are okay. One of them said to me after paying for my "crime" in a funny way that my 2,000 baht would be for Yingluck and that I'd just signed a form saying that I'm such a good guy. I said to her that I'd really appreciate to "help" this fantastic woman, Thaksin's sister, the Muppet.

The lady who abused me was the over weight one sitting behind the front desk girl. The front desk girl was the one who I had spoken to on the phone and confirmed everything was fine for me to come in alone with out my family. Turn up with everything thing in order and all of a sudden she decides I need to return home and collect my kids and wife. I told her my 1 year old son is very sick (the truth) she said leave him in the village with a neighbour. Like hell I would. Manage to convince her that I could just bring my two girls. Last year when I did the same thing I called and checked and was told I could come alone and I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Michael, when was the last time you were there? You know me personally and know that I would be polite, well (ok reasonably) dressed and sober, it makes no difference. I had called ahead, I had all the right documents. They were rude from the moment I walked in the door. All I wanted was an extra 30 days, not keys to the Kingdom.

Sorry, but you wanted "your key" to the Kingdom in form of a visa....biggrin.png

• Like 2

Must have been a bad day on Friday sirchai as that was also the day I was there and had my troubles. At least they waived my over stay fine as I could not go back until Monday.

Edited by MeMock
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This morning I went to Immigration at Phibun to get new multi-entry permits. I do once a year so it has been a year since my last visit. What a nice experience. The ladies there all smiled and were very polite. What impressed me is they did their work very well. Checked everything very thoroughly and dotted every i and crossed every t. No small talk like the last team which wasted time.

I think they reads TV.

All my paper work was in order but it still took about 1 hour because of having to put all my information into BIG books etc. I paid 5,700 baht for multi-reentry permits, being 3,800 baht for my passport and 1900 baht for my permanent residence book. All the time this took they kept saying sorry for taking so long but your case takes time. They were all so nice.

While there, three foreigners came in. a Canadian from Buntarik and a Swede from Ubon were all processed quickly for their visa extensions. They were dressed well and were polite. Then in came this guy from Holland. He arrived. I mean arrived. Drove in with a BMW coupe, two seater with roof down. Jumped out wearing beach shorts and confidentially walked in with his boyfriend to the front desk. The lady there said there is a queue. This blew him. Ok, he sat down, asked to borrow my pen. Took his forms out which were rolled up and signed a few of them. He asked me how long it normally took to get a one year visa. Ask me? How would I know. I never do one. I guessed and said about one hour. One hour he relied. In Pattaya it takes 10 minutes. I could see trouble brewing here.

After 10 minutes of sitting he decided enough was enough. He told his boyfriend that they would came back in the afternoon when it was quieter. So he informed the desk that he would come back in the afternoon with his mother. The Head Lady then asked him what he wanted. A visa extension for his mother. She was 92 years old, living with him down the road in Phibun. The Head lady asked to see the passport. After looking at it, she informed the guy that his mother had departed Thailand and returned after her visa expiry date. She therefore was only on a limited time stay. And all they could for her here was to give a 7 day extension because her previous I year non-immigrate visa was now void because she had returned from Sri Lanka after the expiry date.

This disturbed the Dutchman to say the least. He said he had 5,000,000 baht in the bank, showed all his bank books to the Head Lady. She replied, that the amounts in the bank books were not in for the three months needed and anyway, it didn’t really matter as his mother would have to go to see her Embassy and start the process all over again regardless of how much money was in her bank accounts. The Dutchman said his mother was too old to travel to Bangkok to which the Head Lady replied “Too old? She has just traveled to Sri Lanka and back” Silence.

After some thinking the Dutchman turned to the boyfriend and said we will get it done in Pattaya. He thanked everyone for their patience. He turned to me and said I was correct in saying it would take longer than 10 minutes.

Gave a wave to all and skipped down the steps, hopped into his BMW coupe, pressed a button, the hard roof came down from somewhere and drove off to see his Mum. I was left thinking. If Mum goes to Pattaya, does she sit in the front and the boyfriend in the truck (boot).

Too sum up. Immigration at Phibun do a good job. They are nice, polite and business-like.

This morning I went to Immigration at Phibun to get new multi-entry permits. I do once a year so it has been a year since my last visit. What a nice experience. The ladies there all smiled and were very polite. What impressed me is they did their work very well. Checked everything very thoroughly and dotted every i and crossed every t. No small talk like the last team which wasted time.

I think they reads TV.

All my paper work was in order but it still took about 1 hour because of having to put all my information into BIG books etc. I paid 5,700 baht for multi-reentry permits, being 3,800 baht for my passport and 1900 baht for my permanent residence book. All the time this took they kept saying sorry for taking so long but your case takes time. They were all so nice.

While there, three foreigners came in. a Canadian from Buntarik and a Swede from Ubon were all processed quickly for their visa extensions. They were dressed well and were polite. Then in came this guy from Holland. He arrived. I mean arrived. Drove in with a BMW coupe, two seater with roof down. Jumped out wearing beach shorts and confidentially walked in with his boyfriend to the front desk. The lady there said there is a queue. This blew him. Ok, he sat down, asked to borrow my pen. Took his forms out which were rolled up and signed a few of them. He asked me how long it normally took to get a one year visa. Ask me? How would I know. I never do one. I guessed and said about one hour. One hour he relied. In Pattaya it takes 10 minutes. I could see trouble brewing here.

After 10 minutes of sitting he decided enough was enough. He told his boyfriend that they would came back in the afternoon when it was quieter. So he informed the desk that he would come back in the afternoon with his mother. The Head Lady then asked him what he wanted. A visa extension for his mother. She was 92 years old, living with him down the road in Phibun. The Head lady asked to see the passport. After looking at it, she informed the guy that his mother had departed Thailand and returned after her visa expiry date. She therefore was only on a limited time stay. And all they could for her here was to give a 7 day extension because her previous I year non-immigrate visa was now void because she had returned from Sri Lanka after the expiry date.

This disturbed the Dutchman to say the least. He said he had 5,000,000 baht in the bank, showed all his bank books to the Head Lady. She replied, that the amounts in the bank books were not in for the three months needed and anyway, it didn’t really matter as his mother would have to go to see her Embassy and start the process all over again regardless of how much money was in her bank accounts. The Dutchman said his mother was too old to travel to Bangkok to which the Head Lady replied “Too old? She has just traveled to Sri Lanka and back” Silence.

After some thinking the Dutchman turned to the boyfriend and said we will get it done in Pattaya. He thanked everyone for their patience. He turned to me and said I was correct in saying it would take longer than 10 minutes.

Gave a wave to all and skipped down the steps, hopped into his BMW coupe, pressed a button, the hard roof came down from somewhere and drove off to see his Mum. I was left thinking. If Mum goes to Pattaya, does she sit in the front and the boyfriend in the truck (boot).

Too sum up. Immigration at Phibun do a good job. They are nice, polite and business-like.

Great Story!

Your recent experience gives me hope. I too have had a very bad experience with the change of guard in Pibun. Mougda and Paya were the best and friendliest officers I have ever dealt with. What a shame they had to leave. I dreaded having to go back after my last experience there. I even mulled over giving up living in Thailand and moving back home.

Maybe the new management at Pibun has learned their lesson. Who knows, After hearing your story, maybe there is hope at Pibun Immigration.

I went to Phibun for my 90 day reporting last week and they were very friendly while I was there. All smiles from all the officers behind the counter. The next test for me will be when I apply for my next 12 month extension at the end of the month. Will report the results

I think they reads TV.

Great Story!

Your recent experience gives me hope. I too have had a very bad experience with the change of guard in Pibun. Mougda and Paya were the best and friendliest officers I have ever dealt with. What a shame they had to leave. I dreaded having to go back after my last experience there. I even mulled over giving up living in Thailand and moving back home.

Maybe the new management at Pibun has learned their lesson. Who knows, After hearing your story, maybe there is hope at Pibun Immigration.

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough. (Albert E.)--coffee1.gif

Edited by sirchai

I went to Phibun for my 90 day reporting last week and they were very friendly while I was there. All smiles from all the officers behind the counter. The next test for me will be when I apply for my next 12 month extension at the end of the month. Will report the results

Went on Tuesday for report and it took less than 10 minutes.

My extension is not due until August. Will hope for some good news.

• 2 weeks later...

What do I need to have prepared for my 90 day report? Would like to walk in and walk out without having to run around copying, etc...

Have done this many times but always forget what's required. I'll bring my motherload of copies with me just in case but wondering if Phibun has changed.

Edited by ubonrthai