Making A Subject Access Request Uk

It takes some time because the department dealing with it in UK has to send the SAR to bangkok. Bangkok are then required to search their records ( electronic and written) for all data on the person making the SAR request. It then goes back to UK, then to the person who made the request.

Although you will have a decision on your application before the data reaches you ( or your wife) you should be able to see a "trail" of what happened with the application. The UKBA in Bangkok are legally obliged to provide all of the data they hold. DAR requests under the Data Protection Act are not, I believe, used very often, but I'm not sure why. Maybe because applicants and sponsors eventually give up complaining, and accept what they are being told by UKBA ? Maybe you will start a trend !

If you make the SAR request, please keep us informed even though your wife should have received her decision before you receive the data.

I believe it is 40 days NOT 40 working days. Don't forget to use the form that is on the website ( on the link you provided).

Edited by Tony M