Advice Please - Visa Options

I am looking for some advice with regards to visa options enabling me to remain in Thailand until November 2014 if possible.

My partner (not married) has been granted a visa & work permit until November 2014 & we were informed by his company that I would be able to get a dependants visa enabling me to accompany him. However after sending all documents to the Thai embassy in the UK we were informed one week before we left the UK that my visa had been rejected! Having quit my job & rented out our house I was left with no choice but to come to Bangkok on a 60 day single entry tourist visa, not ideal! Having been told by my partners company 'it's ok we'll do everything we can to sort it' we have now been told actually we're not sure what to do now sorry!

So having been told time and time again they'll sort it I am now left in a position where I have absolutely no idea what my options are & no idea how easy or risky it is to keep renewing my tourist visa & have quite frankly lost faith in the company & am trying to resolve the issue on my own.

If anyone out there has been through a similar issue or is in the same situation as myself I would be incredibly grateful for any advice you can offer me as currently I am finding it very difficult to get any facts about what is or isn't possible!

Thank you in advance.

Marriage would be required for dependent extension of stay so you can easily obtain a two entry tourist visa from Vientiane to cover the next six months after your current 3 expire (you extend the 60 days for another 30 at immigration office for 1,900 baht). After that, or perhaps now, you could enroll for study of Thai language (useful for your stay anyhow) and use that to obtain 90 day extensions of stay from immigration. You would have to obtain a non immigrant ED visa to start that process but school can provide the paperwork and a quick trip to a Consulate to obtain.

As said , extend by another 30 days at Immigration.

Then apply for a 2 entry Tourist Visa in Vientienne Laos. Which would get another 180 days with a border run and extensions.

After that you may be able to get another Tourist Visa in Asia.

As Lopburi said you can enrol in a Thai language school and get Education Visas/Extensions.

Have a look at a sponsors website for details.

It only applies to Cambodia/Thailand travel - has nothing to do with most and seems to be nothing more than a new class of visa that when bought will allow travel to both countries with the one visa stamp. Will not change normal tourist visas.

whistling.gif I see other posters gave you good advice on what visa choices you have, but just let me say one thing again for others to see.

For almost all visas that are available as "dependents" of someone in Thailand it is EXPECTED and assumed by the Thai immigration that your partner that will be your sponser is MARRIED to you in order to be your sponsor.

Almost all the Thai laws that let you get that visa as a dependent of your sponsor have those two words "de Jure" or by law ... meaning legally married.... in them.

For almost all cases non-married partners living together are not recognised for visa purposes in Thailand.

That's just the way the laws were written years ago .... and i doubt they will be changed any time soon.

The situation of non-married partners living together just was not addressed by the laws back then.

whistling.gif