Ambulance Refused To Photographer At Parliament: Bangkok

webfact

It's sad to see a few (red?) posters making a political case out of this article. As he's a Nation photographer it's hardly surprising that the Nation reported it. I hope the medical staff there get a rocket up their proverbials.

The "other" newspaper reported it in almost the exact same manner. Wifey said it hit the Thai news also.

I hope the medical staff there get a rocket up their proverbials.

If they do it'll only be for show.

How about the government getting behind a policy of providing ambulances around the country for "normal" people in need of emergency treatment? And until they can provide that, how about the politicians having one of those pick-up trucks on standby in case of sickness, like everyone else, that can fling them on the back and take them to a hospital for a "small" charge.

• Like 2

Hypocritic oath.

The government is there to server the people

this post make no sense on so many levels unless you wish to view it a a failed pun.

i truly wonder how this would have shaken down had it been one of the emergency vehicles on standby for the US President or British PM.

I suspect the public ambulance service would have been called and the emergency vehicle would have stayed right where it was.

i truly wonder how this would have shaken down had it been one of the emergency vehicles on standby for the US President or British PM.

I suspect the public ambulance service would have been called and the emergency vehicle would have stayed right where it was.

I think the medics on the scene would assess the man's condition, and consider what the consequences of waiting those extra minutes for a public ambulance might be on his condition, and make the decision on whether to take him or not based on that. If they knew, as the medics in Bangkok in this case would have known, that alternative medical transport would probably take a long time arriving, i think they would have helped him, and i think had they not, there would have been a massive public outcry.

Hypocritic oath.

The government is there to server the people

this post make no sense on so many levels unless you wish to view it a a failed pun.

Flawed thinking my friend. yingluck shows up at parliament an average of once in three months, if that often.

An ambulance refusing to take a seriously ill patient to hospital when his life is in the balance.There must have been some medical ethics contravened somehow in this story. Why weren't the medical staff reprimanded? Why didn't Somsak say how he will make sure it never happens again? TIT.

I hope the medical staff there get a rocket up their proverbials.

If they do it'll only be for show.

How about the government getting behind a policy of providing ambulances around the country for "normal" people in need of emergency treatment? And until they can provide that, how about the politicians having one of those pick-up trucks on standby in case of sickness, like everyone else, that can fling them on the back and take them to a hospital for a "small" charge.

Hahaha damned straight !!! I am sure after a couple of rides in a body snatcher truck by the MPs, within a brief period of time there would be national ambulance system put in place. Body snatchers receive a kickback from the hospital, and any valuables that are not mounted to your body if you are unconscious. They are one of the great hidden stories about Thailand. I especially like the trucks with no life support equipment whatsoever. They just throw you in the back like a sack of rice and scream to the hospital.

What the hell happened to the hippocratic oath??? Saving face once again more important than someone's life!!!

With this current maladministration and their so called equality for all agenda until it comes to themselves their the oath is in fact the hypocritical oath.

The crew of the ambulance should not be punished as the decision was not in their hands.the NO decision plainly came or comes from a higher level authority rather than the ambulance crew.

The validity oft he Nuremberg defense in this case stands true for the ambulance crew.

However those who forbade the use of the ambulance and its crew should be put into a Nuremberg trial scenario.

Edited by siampolee

What the hell happened to the hippocratic oath??? Saving face once again more important than someone's life!!!

In which country of this world does any ambulance staff take the Hippocratic oath? As far as I am aware, ONLY doctors take that oath.

• Like 1

In which country of this world does any ambulance staff take the ? As far as I am aware, ONLY doctors take that oath.

I think some may be confused with taking the Hippocratic Oath and the pledge to be a Hypocrite when entering parliarment.
  • Like 1

With this current maladministration and their so called equality for all agenda until it comes to themselves their the oath is in fact the hypocritical oath.

The crew of the ambulance should not be punished as the decision was not in their hands.the NO decision plainly came or comes from a higher level authority rather than the ambulance crew.

The validity oft he Nuremberg defense in this case stands true for the ambulance crew.

However those who forbade the use of the ambulance and its crew should be put into a Nuremberg trial scenario.

Incorrect. The defense used at Nuremburg was that they were following orders. In the case of the ambulance crew,

one of the parliamentary representatives working on damage control said there was no such order in place that

the medics could refuse treatment to a ordinary Thai.