Leaving Expensive Helmet Tethered To Your Bike

angryfarang

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have an AVG K3 helmet that cost me 6500 baht and I never leave it on the bike unless I really have to and I lock it up with a U clamp to the center section of the handle bar, the triple clamp.

I like AGV always had one in the US

I just bought the AGV K4 here & Love it

I have an AVG K3 helmet that cost me 6500 baht and I never leave it on the bike unless I really have to and I lock it up with a U clamp to the center section of the handle bar, the triple clamp.

Off topic but just recently bought a new smoked visor for my K3 and I accidentally broke the plastic side clip. Do you know if they sell the plastics that are screwed to the side of the helmet.

Off topic but just recently bought a new smoked visor for my K3 and I accidentally broke the plastic side clip. Do you know if they sell the plastics that are screwed to the side of the helmet.

Visors for the K3 & K4 are kind of pricey aren't they wink.png

That side piece I would imagine anyone can order that sells AGV

Who is that big AGV dealer in Bangkok? I forget..Stadium I think?

I got my Helmet thru 320

http://mocyc.com/shop/yod320

Might give them a call too.

Although they speak mainly Thai...A tiny English but not much

I usually correspond thru email in Thai

These guys seem to stock a lot of AGV too

http://adrbiker.tara...oduct_797985_th

Edited by mania

even my shitty index helmet got stolen by cutting the straps, of course on a tesco parking lot....

Why not get a carrier box on your'e bike and lock it in there, but to be honest, there is no foolproof way of securing your'e helmet. If anyone is desperate enough to steal anything, they will find a way most of the time.

Visors for the K3 & K4 are kind of pricey aren't they wink.png

That side piece I would imagine anyone can order that sells AGV

Who is that big AGV dealer in Bangkok? I forget..Stadium I think?

I got my Helmet thru 320

http://mocyc.com/shop/yod320

Might give them a call too.

Although they speak mainly Thai...A tiny English but not much

I usually correspond thru email in Thai

These guys seem to stock a lot of AGV too

http://adrbiker.tara...oduct_797985_th

Yea the visors are expensive.

2500 baht for the smoked AGV visor. It cost almost half of what the entire helmet cost. It's okay though because riding durning the day is so much nicer now. I think I'm going to have to ask paddock or Dianese. If its more than 3k baht I think I'm going to just buy a new helmet and use the one I have as a passenger helmet.

Yea the visors are expensive.

2500 baht for the smoked AGV visor. It cost almost half of what the entire helmet cost. It's okay though because riding during the day is so much nicer now. I think I'm going to have to ask paddock or Dianese. If its more than 3k baht I think I'm going to just buy a new helmet and use the one I have as a passenger helmet.

Wow I was quoted 1200 baht & thought that was high

Yeah I want one too so I dont need sunglasses inside the helmet.

Most times I forget to take them off when i go to pull of the helmet :lol;

even my shitty index helmet got stolen by cutting the straps, of course on a tesco parking lot....

Why not get a carrier box on your'e bike and lock it in there

Because then you look like a dork.

Gotta look kool, man.

Gotta look kool, man.

Looking like a Dork, whatever that is, isn't going to get my messages home from the supermarket

Gotta look kool, man.

Looking like a Dork, whatever that is, isn't going to get my messages home from the supermarket

i can hang about 10 bags from the handle bars ,mirror stalks,rear grab bars and if i have a passenger we can load up the middle of the seat with heavy stuff and hold the rest off the sides.......just gotta use your immagination

if imm alone i can carry about 30-40 kilos of beer shopping in a giant backpack behind me on the passenegr seat smile.png

I lock my Harley Helmet to the lock on my front end when I go in shops. I have left it on the plate frame not locked also but only if I am in sight of the bike. I have not had a problem yet but I have thought someone might do it for spite. I have come back to my bike and caught a motorbike taxi guy sitting on my bike when I was parked on beachroad in Pattaya. He got up quick when he saw me but I told him to sit back on it so I could get a photo so he did and i got a photo of him on it. He was happy. I ride a 96 Fatboy Low. I have had guys working at resturants ask could they get a photo with the bike also so I let em. I would rather ride with a good helmet than a cheap one regardless of what I think someone might do to it when I am away from the bike. Safe travels good rides always!!

• Like 2

To be honest, I am more frequently worried about leaving my expensive bike tethered to my cheap helmet.

cheesy.gif

Yeah & what is up with 1st class insurance only paying like 80% of lost even on a new bike that gets stolen or trashed?

I assume it is a full face helmet. You can buy a small cable lock or small piece of chain and lock. Run it around the chin guard and attach to the bike. They can't cut that very easily. OR, keep your Shoei for longer rides and just use a cheaper helmet for town or shopping.

That's what I do. Has worked OK so far wink.png

My helmet isn't that expensive so I got a cheapo cable lock for 150 Baht. Fits perfect in the middle of the handlebar. I guess putting it there also makes it harder to steal the bike as you'd need to crack the lock and remove the helmet before you could crack the ignition / steering lock. For a 20 k baht helmet I'd get a 1,000 Baht lock, just in case.

Locking the helmet strap is asking for trouble IMO. All you need is a thief with a knife and not enough smarts to know that cutting the strap will break the helmet.

Edited by nikster

The expensive motorcyle with an expensive helmet tethered to it by an expensive anti-theft device gets stolen; bike, lid, lock and all.:lol:

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist.

Helmet stink is probably one of the best theft deterrents...:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by RED21

To be honest, I am more frequently worried about leaving my expensive bike tethered to my cheap helmet.

cheesy.gif

Yeah & what is up with 1st class insurance only paying like 80% of lost even on a new bike that gets stolen or trashed?

thats for the 1st year

after the first 12 months is up ,they only pay out 60% on some policys sold by yamaha @ (name and shame removed )

cheesy.gif

thats for the 1st year

after the first 12 months is up ,they only pay out 60% on some policys sold by yamaha @ (name and shame removed )

That really sucks doesn't it?

Well that cinches it I am never going to buy a Panigale here even if I do win the Thai lottery :)

well...mine is not that 'expensive' as a Shoei or Arai.. ( both which i have back in the days... 20 plus yrs ago - lol )...god know where they are now..in a junkyard perhaps.

now i have a German helmet..not ex...but still money..got a small tank bag,it can fit inside...so i carry it around.... no problemo !!!

Gotta look kool, man.

i can hang about 10 bags from the handle bars ,mirror stalks,rear grab bars and if i have a passenger we can load up the middle of the seat with heavy stuff and hold the rest off the sides.......just gotta use your immagination

if imm alone i can carry about 30-40 kilos of beer shopping in a giant backpack behind me on the passenegr seat smile.png

If you got a passenger, you let the passenger wear the backpack. smile.png Sorted.

Gotta look kool, man.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dork

Carry your helmet into the supermarket and check it at the bag drop counter.

Next.

I have to say that is the best feature of the wifes Wave 125i

Can leave your helmet under the seat + another locked in the front basket.

Then when done shopping I am always amazed at how many bags can be stuffed under that seat.

Sport type Bikes are another story of course. I would never consider a givi box on the back. :)

I think a box on the back actually look nice on a crotch rocket,

especially compared to the alternative, a pinky little back pack

:lol: Perhaps but wouldn't it make it hard to swing a leg over the saddle?

Unless they have step thru sport bikes too

You know now that you mention it a pink back pack in a Hello Kitty Theme

might be kind cool too :lol:

The pricks are even stealing the cheap ones now. Was at a bar on Neurn Plubwan, East Pattaya last night, and set my cheapo, 700 baht 3/4 Index helmet on the mirror. When I went to go home, the helmet was gone! Lots of people around and other cheap helmets sitting on bikes but I guess the thief wanted mine...