Thailand Hopes To Explore Natural Gas In Overlapping Zone

webfact

The question is "why would any Thai in their right mind accept Cambodia's claim?"

The answer is "money". Masses of it.

Money that should flow into the national coffers will circumvent that process and end up in the hands of private individuals

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the real reason why the Thais are disputing the border at the temple.

I've been trying to tell folks on another related thread this fact.

I'm in the business, and was told what was going on 18 months ago.

Taksin and his buddy the Nestle boss are partners in it. Big fat contract worth billions of USD.

Which Nestlé Boss are you talking about?

What has Nestlé (the largest food company in the world) to do with Natural Gas exploration in the Gulf of Thailand? blink.png

I'm curious...

More like Thaksin and his Russian friends at Gazprom....

Err, no. he and his buddy (The Thai Nestle boss) are partners in an offshore services business that will (has) win the contract for that area.

Err, no. he and his buddy (The Thai Nestle boss) are partners in an offshore services business that will (has) win the contract for that area.

which offshore services business would that be ?

I am not at liberty to say.

It is sub sea construction and top side hook ups based.

" A sub-sea construction/HUC company" wouldnt have the b*lls, captial, expertise or the resources to take that on...wink.png

If anyone develops that area it will be an operator, tell me PTTEP had been promised this and I might believe you....wink.png

post script

and its ok I have figured out who the person is and I think the i know the name of the company concerned and I will certainly stand by my comments above...

And once again with the gas deal... just as with the land deal which dropped the country in the mire.......we have a conflict of interest between Thailand and the man who runs Thailand. The one thing you can be sure about is that once again Thailand will end up the loser.

Plus ca change.

Thai Nestlé Boss? blink.png

hmmm...this is the management and there is NO Thai Boss with Nestlé Thailand whilst the CEO at Nestlé Indochina is responsible for the whole of the Indochina area, including Thailand where the seat of Thailand Indochina is:

Wayne England

Chairman & CEO

Nestlé Indochina

http://www.nestle.co...nt#.UPKOavKPxBo

And this man is the partner of Thaksin in an off-shore company and won the contract in an offshore business? blink.png

I wonder if the Head office of Nestlé in Vevey - Switzerland is aware of all this wink.png

hmmm...this is the management and there is NO Thai Boss with Nestlé Thailand whilst the CEO at Nestlé Indochina is responsible for the whole of the Indochina area, including Thailand where the seat of Thailand Indochina is:

Wayne England

Chairman & CEO

Nestlé Indochina

And this man is the partner of Thaksin in an off-shore company and won the contract in an offshore business? blink.png

I wonder if the Head office of Nestlé in Vevey - Switzerland is aware of all this wink.png

The devil is in the details.

I don't bother myself with trivial matters like this.

All I'm telling you is what i heard. From a source deep inside the industry, that's all.

" A sub-sea construction/HUC company" wouldnt have the b*lls, captial, expertise or the resources to take that on...wink.png

If anyone develops that area it will be an operator, tell me PTTEP had been promised this and I might believe you....wink.png

post script

and its ok I have figured out who the person is and I think the i know the name of the company concerned and I will certainly stand by my comments above...

Chevron will get the allocations, and Toxin and friends company will be doing all the hook up and construction work.

From what I heard the deal was already done.

Chevron (Ex Unocal) have been sitting on these plots for over 20 years waiting.

Really..if this is case who awarded the concessions to them ?....seeing as this is disputed terrortorial water, neither the Thai or Cambodian goverment had the legal right to award any concession to any operator.

I strongly suspect you or your "deep" sources are getting confused with the concessions which are fully in Cambodian water and yes there are multiple operators who have been awarded concessions in Cambodian water, but to date none of these have been developed, this has absolutely nothing to do with Thailand or the area under dispute

Really..if this is case who awarded the concessions to them ?....seeing as this is disputed terrortorial water, neither the Thai or Cambodian goverment had the legal right to award any concession to any operator.

I strongly suspect you or your "deep" sources are getting confused with the concessions which are fully in Cambodian water and yes there are multiple operators who have been awarded concessions in Cambodian water, but to date none of these have been developed, this has absolutely nothing to do with Thailand or the area under dispute

Taksin and Hun Sen are not only golf buddies.

Anyway, i heard this offshore from Thai sub sea engineers that I have worked with for many years and trust their information.

Where are you getting your info from? TV News? Newspapers?

If you don't read the news you are uninformed, if you do you are misinformed.wink.png

• Like 1

Anyway, i heard this offshore from Thai sub sea engineers that I have worked with for many years and trust their information.

If you don't read the news you are uninformed, if you do you are misinformed.wink.png

And let me guess..do they work for a certain " A sub-sea construction/HUC company" by any chance....wink.png ....the O&G industry if full of rumour mills, so you shouldnt be listening to what your hearing in a bar in Songkhla or Pattaya...wink.png ....one suspects your Thai sub-sea engineer is not far enough up the totem pole to know what is going and suspect he is repeating a rumour he has heard from someone else

But please tell me again how concessions have been awarded on disputed marine areas, where neither country has the legal right to award these concessions because they are disputed..

I think its you my friend who is mis-informed, I am not disputing the possiblity that there is a deal in place between our man in dubai and Hun Sen, over the disputed waters, but what I am disputing is some of the "facts" you have presented... to quote your good self "The devil is in the details" and the details you have presented to date make no sense...you start by stating "

Err, no. he and his buddy (The Thai Nestle boss) are partners in an offshore services business that will (has) win the contract for that area, then you are stating a MNC operating company has had plots in disputed water for 20 years, then you go onto say, Toxin and friends company will be doing all the hook up and construction work.

Typically its the operator who awards these contracts and if there are shady dealings going on large international MNC's will not go near these sorts of deals as its too risky for them...wink.png

And let me guess..do they work for a certain " A sub-sea construction/HUC company" by any chance....wink.png ....the O&G industry if full of rumour mills, so you shouldnt be listening to what your hearing in a bar in Songkhla or Pattaya...wink.png ....one suspects your Thai sub-sea engineer is not far enough up the totem pole to know what is going and suspect he is repeating a rumour he has heard from someone else

But please tell me again how concessions have been awarded on disputed marine areas, where neither country has the legal right to award these concessions because they are disputed..

I think its you my friend who is mis-informed, I am not disputing the possiblity that there is a deal in place between our man in dubai and Hun Sen, over the disputed waters, but what I am disputing is some of the "facts" you have presented... to quote your good self "The devil is in the details" and the details you have presented to date make no sense...you start by stating "

Err, no. he and his buddy (The Thai Nestle boss) are partners in an offshore services business that will (has) win the contract for that area, then you are stating a MNC operating company has had plots in disputed water for 20 years, then you go onto say, Toxin and friends company will be doing all the hook up and construction work.

Typically its the operator who awards these contracts and if there are shady dealings going on large international MNC's will not go near these sorts of deals as its too risky for them...wink.png

Shooting off your trap without knowing for sure.

No bar in either of those places, but offshore on a construction vessel (my place of work).

If you had of read my posts you would know this, and the Thai's wont drink in those places that you know so well.

Have a nice day.

Wayne England

Chairman & CEO

Nestlé Indochina

The devil is in the details.

All I'm telling you is what i heard. From a source deep inside the industry, that's all.

YOU claimed that the Thai Boss of Nestlé Thailand and Thaksin "are partners in an offshore services businessis".

Than you claim it's "trivial matters" when it's confirmed there is NO Thai Boss within Nestlé Thailand and now you're backing-off saying "All I'm telling you is what i heard"

You claim hear-say as truth.

Better check your sources and truth before you write things like this.

No bar in either of those places, but offshore on a construction vessel (my place of work).

If you had of read my posts you would know this, and the Thai's wont drink in those places that you know so well.

Have a nice day.

Would the construction vessel be one owned and operated by a certain "sub-sea construction/HUC company" by any chance ?

Not shooting my trap off at all, you have presented some "facts" and i am questioning the facts as presented, as none of the facts other than a possible deal between our man in dubai and Hun Sen make any sense, and on that point i am agreeing with you.

So if you cant respond to my perfectly legimate observations/comments/questions no need to get rude, please understand there are numerous people on TV who actually work O&G and do know how the industry works ...wink.png

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Have a nice day.

Would the construction vessel be one owned and operated by a certain "sub-sea construction/HUC company" by any chance ?

Not shooting my trap off at all, you have presented some "facts" and i am questioning the facts as presented, as none of the facts other than a possible deal between our man in dubai and Hun Sen make any sense, and on that point i am agreeing with you.

So if you cant respond to my perfectly legimate observations/comments/questions no need to get rude, please understand there are numerous people on TV who actually work O&G and do know how the industry works ...wink.png

That's great.

you seem to know it all. So why ask questions.

Over and out.thumbsup.gif

Anyway, i heard this offshore from Thai s ub sea engineers that I have worked with for many years and trust their information.

I'm in the same industry and have heard same.

• Like 1

Have a nice day.

That's great.

you seem to know it all. So why ask questions.

Over and out.thumbsup.gif

Incorrect!

YOU seem to know it all and write that you know everything:

* 11-1, post #6 (about Hun Sen and Thaksin) "yes they have. the deal was done many moons ago"

* 12-1, post #11 I've been trying to tell folks on another related thread this fact.

I'm in the business, and was told what was going on 18 months ago.

Taksin and his buddy the Nestle boss are partners in it. Big fat contract worth billions of USD.

* 13-1, post #33: "Err, no. he and his buddy (The Thai Nestle boss) are partners in an offshore services business that will (has) win the contract for that area"

* 13-1 post #35: "I am not at liberty to say. It is sub sea construction and top side hook ups based.

* 13-1 post #39: "The devil is in the details.

All I'm telling you is what i heard. From a source deep inside the industry, that's all"

I could go on but getting tired of your claims and when fellow members and myself ask you something you back-off with non-answers.

Anyway, i heard this offshore from Thai s ub sea engineers that I have worked with for many years and trust their information.

Sure...same sources I assume; people working in the off-shore industry live and work in a small world and (oil and gas)-gossip goes around very fast.

I think nobody knows anything for sure, unless he/she belongs to the staff of the Lawyers' offices drafting the contracts wink.png

Edited by LaoPo

Sure...same sources I assume; people working in the off-shore industry live and work in a small world and (oil and gas)-gossip goes around very fast.

I think nobody knows anything for sure, unless he/she belongs to the staff of the Lawyers' offices drafting the contracts wink.png

is this a court of law or an online forum? Gee whiz, get a hold of yourself.rolleyes.gif

Just stating what I've been told from reliable sources who tend not to make this stuff up out of thin air.

But the ThaiVisa online experts know better, so let them take the stage / court room.

Folks will always dispute the truth and try and turn the tables as it doesn't sit well with their own version(s) of the facts.

And its getting tiring now.

Beleive it or not, I don't really give a @#%t either way.

YOU claimed that the Thai Boss of Nestlé Thailand and Thaksin "are partners in an offshore services businessis".

Than you claim it's "trivial matters" when it's confirmed there is NO Thai Boss within Nestlé Thailand and now you're backing-off saying "All I'm telling you is what i heard"

Prayudh Mahagitsiri, No 16 on Forbes 40th Richest in Thailand. Biggest source of wealth is stake in Quality Coffee, JV with Nestle.(http://www.forbes.co...tsiri_R4MT.html)

I have no knowledge of any interest in offshore gas service businesses but it might be interesting to note the following from the Nation, April 4th, 2007 (I think the dates on the website are wrong but I can't remember from so long ago. I think it should be 2001) - "The Constitution Court earlier found Thai Rak Thai Deputy Leader Prayudh Mahagitsiri guilty of false asset declaration. He was banned for five years from the day he resigned as senator."(http://nationmultime...cs_30031061.php). This was the very same day that former Prime Minister Thaksin was found not guilty by the same court.

I also don't know the terms of the Nestle JV but my understanding is that Mr. Prayudh's company has the concession for importing Nestle coffee and probably other Nestle products into Thailand.

So there seems to be a "Thai Nestle Boss" and there is a link between Mr. Prayudh and Mr. Taksin. I don't think you can continue to attack the poster on these grounds. Perhaps on other aspects of the rumour, but not these particular details.

Edited by Tep

is this a court of law or an online forum? Gee whiz, get a hold of yourself.rolleyes.gif

Just stating what I've been told from reliable sources who tend not to make this stuff up out of thin air.

I asked you a genuine question when YOU claim something about a Nestle Thai Boss; I provided the link where it showed there is NO Thai Boss and now you're calling me a whiz? rolleyes.gif

Next to that, some other members asked you other and more questions also but you refrain from answering.

What you promote are rumours, nothing more, nothing less.

Fine with me.

But the ThaiVisa online experts know better, so let them take the stage / court room.

Folks will always dispute the truth and try and turn the tables as it doesn't sit well with their own version(s) of the facts.

And its getting tiring now.

Beleive it or not, I don't really give a @#%t either way.

If the truth is not delivered (by yourself) but just rumours, people will keep asking questions. I didn't deliver my own controversial facts, I merely asked you questions.

I only delieverd proof that there is NO Thai Nestle Boss; that's all.

You already told it's just hear-say what you claimed.

That's a lot better wink.png

Prayudh Mahagitsiri, No 16 on Forbes 40th Richest in Thailand. Biggest source of wealth is stake in Quality Coffee, JV with Nestle.(http://www.forbes.co...tsiri_R4MT.html)

I have no knowledge of any interest in offshore gas service businesses but it might be interesting to note the following from the Nation, April 4th, 2007 (I think the dates on the website are wrong but I can't remember from so long ago. I think it should be 2001) - "The Constitution Court earlier found Thai Rak Thai Deputy Leader Prayudh Mahagitsiri guilty of false asset declaration. He was banned for five years from the day he resigned as senator."(http://nationmultime...cs_30031061.php). This was the very same day that former Prime Minister Thaksin was found not guilty by the same court.

I also don't know the terms of the Nestle JV but my understanding is that Mr. Prayudh's company has the concession for importing Nestle coffee and probably other Nestle products into Thailand.

So there seems to be a "Thai Nestle Boss" and there is a link between Mr. Prayudh and Mr. Taksin. I don't think you can continue to attack the poster on these grounds. Perhaps on other aspects of the rumour, but not these particular details.

Aha, finally an intelligent member who did more than just spreading some hear-say rumours and it could indeed very well be that a (former?) shareholder and/or (present or former) Joint-Venture holder with Nestle is ALSO involved (with Thaksin and/or others) in some off-shore oil/gas business.

Quite possible

But I wouldn't call that a Thai Nestle Boss.

Well done Tep! thumbsup.gif

EDIT:

"Prayudh Mahagitsiri built the fortune on a Nestlé coffee venture..."

"A close ally of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, Mahagitsiri Sr. got his start with a coffee joint venture with Nestlé...."

Now we are closer...:

AND:

* Established Instant Coffee production plant in Thailand in joint venture with Global consumer products powerhouse Nestle S.A. under their world famous brand name - Nescafe.

That was back in 1989; 23 years ago.

From the PM GROUP Homepage:

http://www.pm-groups...e&id=8&Itemid=2

And, FINALLY:

scroll down (can't be copied) to the bottom line of the link, above.

2012: They acquired the majority of shares in Thoresen Thai Agencies PCL, a well established company with strong presence in shipping, offshore services, drilling and mining industries across the globe.

Edited by LaoPo

Aha, finally an intelligent member who did more than just spreading some hear-say rumours and it could indeed very well be that a (former?) shareholder and/or (present or former) Joint-Venture holder with Nestle is ALSO involved (with Thaksin and/or others) in some off-shore oil/gas business.

Quite possible

But I wouldn't call that a Thai Nestle Boss.

Well done Tep! thumbsup.gif

EDIT:

"Prayudh Mahagitsiri built the fortune on a Nestlé coffee venture..."

"A close ally of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, Mahagitsiri Sr. got his start with a coffee joint venture with Nestlé...."

Now we are closer...:

AND:

* Established Instant Coffee production plant in Thailand in joint venture with Global consumer products powerhouse Nestle S.A. under their world famous brand name - Nescafe.

That was back in 1989; 23 years ago.

From the PM GROUP Homepage:

http://www.pm-groups...e&id=8&Itemid=2

And, FINALLY:

scroll down (can't be copied) to the bottom line of the link, above.

2012: They acquired the majority of shares in Thoresen Thai Agencies PCL, a well established company with strong presence in shipping, offshore services, drilling and mining industries across the globe.

I think what is happening is that some nuggets of truth, some speculation and some urban legends are being woven in to tale which is being repeated and embellished every time its told, this is common in the O&G game.

I will stand by my opinion based on the "facts" presented that people are getting mixed up between the gulf of Thailand disputed maritime area and the legitimate concessions which are fully in Cambodian waters, which interestingly enough the the large MNC operating company mentioned does hold concenssions for, along with a few other international operators.

With the above in mind, could we suggest that there is talk/plans of developing these area, "offshore services company" company has been approached by an operating company to provide day rates/tender for some possible work there and we throw in the mix that a former ally of our man in Dubai has just bought into the company....one could understand how a rumour like this could get started, but if you take out all the s*xey conspriracy theroy bits...........

This sounds like day to day O&G to me anywhere in the world.

• Like 1

I think what is happening is that some nuggets of truth, some speculation and some urban legends are being woven in to tale which is being repeated and embellished every time its told, this is common in the O&G game.

I will stand by my opinion based on the "facts" presented that people are getting mixed up between the gulf of Thailand disputed maritime area and the legitimate concessions which are fully in Cambodian waters, which interestingly enough the the large MNC operating company mentioned does hold concenssions for, along with a few other international operators.

With the above in mind, could we suggest that there is talk/plans of developing these area, "offshore services company" company has been approached by an operating company to provide day rates/tender for some possible work there and we throw in the mix that a former ally of our man in Dubai has just bought into the company....one could understand how a rumour like this could get started, but if you take out all the s*xey conspriracy theroy bits...........

This sounds like day to day O&G to me anywhere in the world.

Well said thumbsup.gif

I know of a few folks in the O&G working in upper management & middle management who are taking these rumors with a pinch of salt.... The general consensus seems to be that the MOU between Cambodia and Thailand would be too heavily Cambodian-favored due to Cambodian law. These folks think that the Cambodian laws will have to be modified for a more "fair" and secure MOU before proceeding.

• Like 1