Extension Of Stay Will End Jan31St,then What?

Hi i have problems to extend my stay,1year ,extension of stay will end on January 31st!.March 13th I will travel to California,USA,so I need any kind of visa from January31st till March13[41days].What are my options?I would like to stay till March13 without leaving Thailand .

Thanks for any suggestions

What kind of extension of stay do you have? Retirement, Marriage, work, and etc.

Why can't you get your extension done?

Unless you are married to a Thai lady (60 days) there is no extension you can get other than one year.

Edited by ubonjoe

What kind of extension of stay do you have? Retirement, Marriage, work, and etc.

Why can't you get your extension done?

Unless you are married to a Thai lady (60 days) there is no extension you can get other than one year.

I live together with Thai daughter, I have problems with rental contract,but don't want to deal with immigration anymore.i will get a new 1 yr visa in USA, or Europe,just need something till March13th

But you are free to exit and obtain a tourist visa for a new 60 day stay from any Thai Consulate if you are not able to continue extensions - that would cover the period of time you require. It only takes an overnight trip most places.

If you are married to a Thai or have Thai children you can get a 60 day extension for visiting them, otherwise your only options are getting a Tourist visa in a neighboring country or doing border runs and getting visa exempt entries, 30 days by air, 15 days by land.

Sorry forgot to mention 60 day extension for having a Thai child. You might still get the run around from your immigration office abut proof of residence. Take your daughter and her birth certificate and etc. to immigration and apply for extension to visit her.

If you have proof of custody for your child you could get the multiple entry visa in Savannakhet Laos or KL Malaysia.

But you are free to exit and obtain a tourist visa for a new 60 day stay from any Thai Consulate if you are not able to continue extensions - that would cover the period of time you require. It only takes an overnight trip most places.

Well if I have to travel out of Thailand after January31st,then I would travel to a neighboring country and get a new Non OM visa,but i really want to avoid travelling out if it is possible

60 days from immigration to visit your Child but......

As you don't want to deal with Immigration (I understand why not) you are going to have to go to a Thai Consulate and get a Tourist Visa.

Well what I meant was,I don't want to deal with immigration anymore about my extension of stay,if I can get a 60 days whatever visa or extension and do not have to travel out of Thailand till March13th,i take it sure

Well if I have to travel out of Thailand after January31st,then I would travel to a neighboring country and get a new Non OM visa,but i really want to avoid travelling out if it is possible

As a tourist visa at half the price would serve your needs not sure why you would not use it.

Sorry forgot to mention 60 day extension for having a Thai child. You might still get the run around from your immigration office abut proof of residence. Take your daughter and her birth certificate and etc. to immigration and apply for extension to visit her.

If you have proof of custody for your child you could get the multiple entry visa in Savannakhet Laos or KL Malaysia.

Yes thank you,that's what i want if possible,is that sure or is it up to immigration again to give me or not give me?I don't have the custody for my daughter,but have a documents from her mother, certified by Amper saying,she is ok daughter stays with me,also I have documents from a Thai family court what says I'm the father,with that I never had a problem to get a Non Om 1yr visa,before I started to extend my stay

As a tourist visa at half the price would serve your needs not sure why you would not use it.

Well like i said,i will travel to USA on March13th after that travel to Germany,and then come back to Thailand,plan is to obtain a Non OM 1yr visa in Los Angeles or in Berlin,so then i don't want to waste time and money for tourist visa from a neighboring country.So if I can get anything from immigration it wold be great,if not well then I will travel to neighboring country and get a Non OM visa

If you are married to a Thai or have Thai children you can get a 60 day extension for visiting them, otherwise your only options are getting a Tourist visa in a neighboring country or doing border runs and getting visa exempt entries, 30 days by air, 15 days by land.

So that means on January31st i can go to immigration and get a 60days extension for "visiting" my daughter who actually lives with me?

Go to immigraiton with birth certificate, court document showing you are the father, you daughter and her ID-card and household registration book. That should be enough to give you a 60 day extension.

Is your daughter registered on a household book elsewhere than where she is actually living with you? In that case immigration might want to see proof of where you/she really lives in the form of a rentl contract, utillity bill etc.

If you have all of the documentation, sounds like you do, you should take your daughter and go as soon as possible in case they need something else. You can do it 30 days early and the 60 days is added to your present permissionto stay. Fill in TM7 form with picture and cost is 1900 baht.

Go to immigraiton with birth certificate, court document showing you are the father, you daughter and her ID-card and household registration book. That should be enough to give you a 60 day extension.

Is your daughter registered on a household book elsewhere than where she is actually living with you? In that case immigration might want to see proof of where you/she really lives in the form of a rentl contract, utillity bill etc.

I have everything,except rental contract have a look here

The household registration will determine where you have to apply for the extension, as that is where she officially lives and that determines which immigraiton office you need to aply to.

So if she doesn't live at that address you have the option of applying at the immigraiton office for the adress she is registered.

With proof of living elsewhere than registered you can apply at the office for where actually registred.

You will probably be fine. The 60 day extension is a routine extension that is locally made.

The 1 year extension based on being the family member of a Thai national is not locally made, but made by a comittee. Immigration officers don't like to hear back form higher up in the chain of comand that they didn't do their work properly, so they scrutinize these applications very strictly and ask for much more evidence than the 60 day extension.

• Like 1