Hypertension Meds

eyebones59

I am sure you can buy that brand here if not Anapril 10mg is around 300 baht a box of 100 at most of the major pharmacies.

I get 60 Anapril 20 mg from the clinic on Soi Buakhao for less than 100 Bht. I take 1/2 a tab morning & half evening. Being a govt hospital (clinic) the prices are often low.

BP test and see the doc for another 100 Baht. Seems good value to me :)

I am sure you can buy that brand here if not Anapril 10mg is around 300 baht a box of 100 at most of the major pharmacies.

I get 60 Anapril 20 mg from the clinic on Soi Buakhao for less than 100 Bht. I take 1/2 a tab morning & half evening. Being a govt hospital (clinic) the prices are often low.

BP test and see the doc for another 100 Baht. Seems good value to me smile.png

thank you,i will be staying on soi diana(lek appartments)is the clinnic near here.

I bought Anapril (Enalapril Maleate) 20mg box of 100 pills for 110 THB in Phuket.

I developed a horrendous ACE cough and so have just changed to Loranta (Losartan Potassium) 50 mg. The box of 30 pills was 140 THB but I break them in half for a 25mg dosage.

So far so good and the ACE cough is now subsiding...

Can i ask at what sort of blood pressure readings did you start taking these meds. I'm 59 and mine hovers around 145/90.

I don't drink, don't smoke, am not overweight and exercise everyday.

I am mid 40s and I am a self funded retiree so I have little in the way of stress.

I never had a problem with blood pressure back home.

But here is was sneaking up around the type of figures you are getting.

I started on the Anapril and it worked to bring my pressure back down into a satisfactory 130/70 range.

Initially I also took it in conjunction with 25mg of Hydrochlorothiazide. But pissing every 5 minutes was a very bad look for an active bloke in his forties so I knocked the "water pills" on the head.

However, as stated I developed a horrendous ACE cough from the Anapril (google for more info).

So I had to find a cost effective non ACE alternative.

I am still on the first sheet of 10 Loranta pills. They are 50mg and I break each pill in half and just take a 25mg dose each morning when I get up. They are manufactured by Siam Bheasach Co. Ltd from Bangkok and are cheap.

So far no adverse side effects.

If you don't already have one, I would also suggest you buy a OMRON HEM 7111 desktop blood pressure monitoring unit. The RRP is below 1500THB.

And I just checked my pressure and it is a lovely 131/71.

And I just finished a rigorous horizontal jogging session.

Edited by Phronesis

thank you,i will be staying on soi diana(lek appartments)is the clinnic near here.

A marks where 18 coins bar is.

Red marks roughly where the clinic is.

From 18 coins head in the direction of Pattaya Thai, about 150 metres on the left. Red brick building with large car park out front.

Often has a large picture of the King outside.

post-146137-0-15461500-1358136262_thumb.

Can i ask at what sort of blood pressure readings did you start taking these meds. I'm 59 and mine hovers around 145/90.

My BP reached 169 / 90. Since I went on 10 mg * 2 times per day Anapril I am down to 124 / 76 on my last visit to the clinic.

I take a 3-pill cocktail for BP control. Atenolol, amlodopine and losartan potassium (brand name Cozaar or generics such as Loranta, which I just tried for the first time). Have had no trouble getting any of them anywhere. No trouble also in Phnom Penh and even the Viet Nam Mekong Delta.

Another ace inhibitor is Zestril, a month's supply of 10 mg. about 500 baht. There is a generic of that as well, Lispril, much cheaper but I'm not sure if it is as good as the branded version.

generic use exactly the same molecule means same result

You can buy the branded ramipril 'Tritace' at most Pharmacies , can't remember the price, but about B1300 / 100. You can also buy generic ramipril 'Ramtace' at Fascino in North Pattaya. B850 / 100, and the quality is fine.

Hope this helps

From 18 coins head in the direction of Pattaya Thai, about 150 metres on the left. Red brick building with large car park out front.

thanks for the info,