Phuket Beach Turf War Leaves Car Gutted By Flames

webfact

Phuket beach turf war leaves car gutted by flames

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Phuket police believe a Honda Jazz belonging to a beachfront seafood restaurant owner was maliciously set ablaze last night as part of an ongoing conflict between vendors in the Surin Beach area.

Police declined to name the owner of the car for safety reasons.

The owner parked the car in front of the restaurant at about 3pm yesterday. Just over 12 hours later, the car was consumed by flames.

It took Cherng Talay firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

“Though we haven’t ruled out other possibilities, we suspect arson,” Cherng Talay Police Inspector Rassada Kluengwong said.

“The car owner also owns a seafood restaurant near the mini-mart that was set on fire last month,” Lt Col Rassada pointed out.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ames-19952.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-01-14

They won't name the owner of the car for safety reasons, but tell us which restaurants they own...

totster rolleyes.gif

Sorry, but I see no business names mentioned in this news report. blink.png

There is one mentioned in the link that the Gazette provides - Khun Man Thonglor is his name, with photo.

Regards,

Sherlock.

biggrin.png

So as his business was also torched earlier the B.i.B consider this could be malicious arson? There really are some genius' out there... truly! rolleyes.gif

So what do you want them to say? If they say it as it is there are negative comments, if they don't say anything there are negative comments. Want them to make up something?

They won't name the owner of the car for safety reasons, but tell us which restaurants they own...

totster rolleyes.gif

Sorry, but I see no business names mentioned in this news report. blink.png

Neither do I, but I'm sure someone who know the area can work it out easily enough, anyway as Jet has pointed out it is freely available information.

totster coffee1.gif