Sukhumbhand Vows To Make Bangkok's Chinatown Famous

webfact

All in all, a rather big let down. I suggest he come up with some people who can actually come up with some ideas. Unless of course, he has it in the bag already, but with ideas like this, the opposition might well be licking their lips at the prospect of going up against him in these elections.

Cue the PTP candidate to come up with utterly unachieveable goals, which get enough of the gullible to vote for them.

Listening to this uberplan for menus, is Sukhumband under some illusion that Yaowarat or the rest of Bangkok is some kind of utopia that can be fixed with little caveats such as English language menus? What city is he living in?

Traffic has to be the issue surely? Vehicle charging? Interlock the traffic light systems? Although that would probably need a Kray supercomuter for Bangkok. Surely someone has to come up with something?

On a similar note, Yaowaraj is always going to be fairly low on my list of places to go just because other areas of the city are more easily accessable by BTS. I'm not going to risk a 5 km per hour traffic situation when I can find good food elsewhere. if I want good Chinese food I'll just fly to Hong Kong.

Why not vow to clear traffic for pedestrians and all the illegal vendors? That would attract more people...

Agree with the traffic idea, I allways thought a Light Rail /Tram's/Bus's operating between, say 10 am and 10pm in some sort of loop system could work. With a total vehicular ban durring these times.

But hey thats just me.