Four Wounded In ' Light Of Hope' Sek-Carabao Concert Brawl

webfact

Four wounded in 'Light of Hope' Sek-Carabao concert brawl

By Praj Kiatpongsan

ca.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Yesterday night, polytechnic students got into a serious fight with Khlong Toei youngsters at the “Light of Hope Sek-Bao charity concert” at Thai Port FC’s PAT Stadium. Four people were injured in the incident and 50 were detained.

At 11PM last night, right before Aed Carabao launched into the third song of his set, several hand grenade blasts sounded throughout the stadium. A brutal fight followed the blasts, forcing police to fire teargas into the crowd in order to staunch the violence. Matichon reported that it took 1,000 officers two hours to bring the fight to an end.

During the fight, four people were rushed to Chulalongkorn Hospital. Three were diagnosed with injuries caused by teargas and one with a deep cut wound to his head.

“Folks, don’t fight,” Carabao reportedly stated before the concert started.

The concert began at 8:30PM with a performance from [more...]

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...-concert-brawl/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2013-01-15

footer_n.gif

Charity concert cut short due to brawling youngsters

The Nation

30197998-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The 'Light of Hope' charity concert on Monday night had to be brought to an abrupt end because a brawl broke out between students from a technical college and local youngsters and left four people slightly injured.

Concert organiser Chaiyuth Limlawan apologised for cutting the concert short, saying it had to be done to ensure people's safety.

The concert, featuring Sek Loso and Ad Carabao, was being held at the Thai Port Football Club stadium in Bangkok's Klong Toei district in front of an audience of about 1,000 people.

The brawl, in which people started punching and throwing firecrackers at each other, reportedly broke out at about 10pm. The 700 police officers present at the site used teargas for crowd control, but the youngsters continued fighting outside the stadium. A total of 58 teenagers were arrested and one student was charged with assault and resisting police arrest before being released on bail. Police are now checking the security camera footage for more suspects.

Carabao fan Thirasak Sornpakdi said he wished the youngsters had not started fighting because the concert had to be cut short, which was unfair to those who bought tickets at full price.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-01-16

Both of these artists have been or will be in Koh Chang recently. Have stayed away from them, as they always seem to attract the local idiots, who like nothing more than too much whiskey and a brawl.

Songs for Life, eh? Maybe if Carabao didn't promote harmful sugary drinks, energy drinks and cheap beer, they might have more peaceful fans. The hypocrisy of that band, particularly its publicity-hungry leader, is phenomenal.

Two singers that sing about unity, fun and enjoyment of life. And the university students seem to think that this is the place to lay it down and drop a few rivals?

These are probably my two favorite Thai bands.. OK, I am a little old fashioned.. really quite sad. I would pay good money to go to a concert with these two playing together.

• Like 1

Saw something similar in the countryside with the local idiots fighting with a "rival" neighborhood. The concert was fun up until a few punches and kicks were thrown. Police quickly shut down the singing and dance show and people dispersed. Of course, the vendettas netted a kid stabbed in his own home later in the week. Really dealing with the lowest common denominator of society here sometimes: uneducated, working poor, alcoholic ... ah well. It's a fun place to holiday at least.

Two singers that sing about unity, fun and enjoyment of life. And the university students seem to think that this is the place to lay it down and drop a few rivals?

These are probably my two favorite Thai bands.. OK, I am a little old fashioned.. really quite sad. I would pay good money to go to a concert with these two playing together.

Was watching this on the news and my g/f said "I told you there is always fighting at these concerts" I replied pity I always wanted to see this band. What about if we bought " good tickets".? You will have good fight was the serious reply!!!

PMSLcheesy.gif

• Like 1

A lot of police stood doing nothing

But they are good at it.

Not sure about these numbers. There were about a thousand spectators at the concert---there were also about 1000 police and it took 2 hours for them to stop the fighting???? Thats one on one!!!!! <deleted>.----- Dougal