Wrong D.o.b. On 1 Year Temporary Thai Drivers License - Problem Or Not?

mattk1

Hi guys,

Just got back from the driver licensing place and I foolishly never checked everything was correct on my 1 year temporary drivers license before I left. I have noticed only now that they have put my birth year as 10 years older than I am.

As this license has to be renewed next year I figured I would just ask them to change it next year, but the only thing concerning me is if it will affect any insurance claims I may have to make.

What do you think, should I go back and get it changed or just leave it until renewal time?

Matt

Stevenl, sorry didn't see your post until just now. My passport number is indeed on the license smile.png

That means there can't be any doubt, so I would not bother. No idea about the law on things like this though.

• Like 1

When I was issued with the 1-year licence, I subsequently noticed that the month of birth was October rather than September. When I went to convert it to the 5-year, I pointed this out to the lady behind the counter, and she made some sort of note. When I got the new licence it still said October! I decided not to make a fuss, and I can't say I've lost any sleep over it since. It slightly works to my advantage, as the validity of the licence extends to the "birthday" after the 5th anniversary of the date of renewal, so the licence's validity is almost 6 years.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies! biggrin.png

Think I'll just leave it until next year. I should have learnt my lesson from before with my wifes ID card. She had her surname changed to mine but they spelt it wrong. The following day we went back and pointed out their mistake yet still had to pay for a replacement..rolleyes.gif

Eff1n2ret; that sounds like a good mistake to have, don't tell them any time soon! tongue.png

Thanks for the replies! biggrin.png

Think I'll just leave it until next year. I should have learnt my lesson from before with my wifes ID card. She had her surname changed to mine but they spelt it wrong. The following day we went back and pointed out their mistake yet still had to pay for a replacement..rolleyes.gif

Eff1n2ret; that sounds like a good mistake to have, don't tell them any time soon! tongue.png

If it's any peace of mind for you I have got the wrong date on my 5 year licence, it say's that I'm 10 year's younger yippee. Took it back and they said just change it next time. N/B I have had two claim's on my insurance no problem. It's up to you but I wouldn't bother.
  • Like 1

Taking it back and getting it changed and you will be charged for a new one. Leave it till renewal time. My 5-year Thai DL doesn't have an expiration date which has only been commented by car rental people but never been an issue with the cops. I just hope I remember when it's due!

• Like 1