Help With Border Crossing

Say for example you were being investigated back home by the police. Home for me being Canada. Actually, to be upfront, i'm being accused of having a sexual relationship with a girl aged 15 back home. That's not in itself illegal, but the family is going to try and accuse me of extended involvement with her from an earlier age, and though its not true, i got the ###### out of there because in cases like that they accuse first and ask questions later.

So, i have a 3 month tourist visa, 2 months in Singapore Thai office, and then 500 baht for the extension here. So i'm ok until mid-May.

I've already done a visa run to Aranyprathet and the Cambodia border there, and was ok, but i've heard that they are looking for me now at home.

Will it be ok to make land border crossings to keep my visa up to date in places like Vietienne in Laos or Myannamar? I know you probably dont have concrete answers, but opinions would surely help.

If not, do i have another option? How can i get a Thai passport, i heard i'd have to enter the monestary for 3 months, is that true? What else is involved?

This is Bangkok, does anybody know where i can get a second passport?

Also, worst case scenario, i have to overstay my visa, i dont want to do that, its dangerous and opens me up to deportation if caught. But if i do, i know there used to be companies that would run your visa across the border for you, is that still possible, do you have a contact?

If not, then last choice would be to find one of the disreputable companies that will stamp my visa with the entry and exit stamp and make it look like i'm up to date. Is that possible, any contacts?

I'm in deep deep shit, i know. Screwed almost any way i turn, but at least im free for now. To me that means a lot. I'd rather be free then in a court at home explaining my way out of that mess, and facing gang rape or something in prison if succesfully charged.

Thought i was ok with it, she was 2 weeks from being 16. But the family is muslim, and really on a vendetta against me. I'm so scared right now. Not being able to go home and see my family is making me near suicidal here.

Mabey i can get a work permit? Is there a better country to be hiding in?

Can anybody give a suggestion. Please please please. There must be more people in similar situations here?

toufon

the only suggestion is: go home and face the music!

much less trouble than being on the run; forget about Thai PP or long term visas and DON'T get involved with visa agents! this will get you in trouble in Thailand as well.

Canada will put you on the interpol list and eventually you will be found! the longer that takes the worse it will be for you in the end.

good luck

opalhort

You said you were being investigated......and

being accused of having...... and family is

going to try and accuse you ......All these

'hear-say' evidence/statement you made is very

void and frivolous. The main issue here is this.

Has a warrant of arrest been issued to you?

Have you been officialy charged in court?

Unless you can prove otherwise, I can only assume that

You are really a good story teller!

Assuming I knew of a border crossing you could use and posted details on this forum, you can guarantee it won't be safe soon after.

Bottom line is if a warrant has been issued, sooner or later you will get caught. If it hasn't, Thai authorities will leave you alone so long as you avoid sexual relations with anyone under 18. If you think a case is being made against you, you have a much better case of winning if you are on hand to give your side of the story.

Has an arrest warrant been issued for you in Canada? If it has, I strongly urge you to surrender yourself to the Canadian Embassy here in Bangkok. Thier contact details are as follows:

15th Floor, Abdulrahim Place

990 Rama IV Road

Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

Thailand

Tel: 662-636-0540

Fax: 662-636-0565

E-mail: [email protected]

Go back and face the music, if you are innocent you will

be ok. Trying to obtain fake passports or using 'dodgy companies'

for visa's or entry stamps is illegal in thailand as alot of people found

out a few months back.

You don't really want to be in trouble with the Thai authorities, and I'm shore

the canadian prisons are alot nicer.

The past usually catches up with people, so good luck, and try and think

long term! It will probably be better to go back home.