GBP to THB Exchange Rate

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A question for the trolls: why did GBP rise by around 50 satang today?

maybe because Thailand has only saw 1% growth in 8 months

It's because the BoT has been supporting the baht, then they get a bit scared about how much they are spending, stop supporting it, and the the Baht does a quick fall. Wash and repeat as required until the bottom drops out of the Baht and it goes to 70/GBP overnight.

Edited by FiftyTwo

OK, so the article, timed at 14:44 today, not the most lucid and informative piece ever written )I'd like to see the story from a different more reliable source) but nevertheless supportive of lowered exports, unsurprisingly:

...and your point is? I mean, are you now pointing at a long term trend (or even a two week trend) and if so, to what?

It's because the BoT has been supporting the baht, then they get a bit scared about how much they are spending, stop supporting it, and the the Baht does a quick fall. Wash and repeat as required until the bottom drops out of the Baht and it goes to 70/GBP overnight.

Here take a look at the BOT numbers, BOT has not been supporting THB but don't let that stop you having wet dreams about 70 baht to the Pound:

http://www2.bot.or.th/statistics/BOTWEBSTAT.aspx?reportID=94&language=ENG

Here take a look at the BOT numbers, BOT has not been supporting THB but don't let that stop you having wet dreams about 70 baht to the Pound:

You believe what the bank says ...... if you want to.

No need to keep the anouncement to yourself, share it with us all please, source?

Just for you sir

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/669825-thailands-export-grows-only-1-in-first-8-months/#entry6853111

export growth does not justify "Thailand has only saw 1% growth in 8 months".

You believe what the bank says ...... if you want to.

If the choice is to believe the opinion of a wanna be expat, semi-retired BA baggage handler, I choose the BOT view.

Im not the expert you are.. All im saying is you wont be seeing 43baht to the pound again for many many years

And, I mean is that your forecast contribution to this thread, that it wont be 43 baht for many years, could you perhaps also add that it wont be 80 either, just to narrow the gap a little!

Im not the expert you are.. All im saying is you wont be seeing 43baht to the pound again for many many years

And, I mean is that your forecast contribution to this thread, that it wont be 43 baht for many years, could you perhaps also add that it wont be 80 either, just to narrow the gap a little!

Unlike you i dont predict things and look silly all the time as you seem to be incorrect 99.9 % of the time..Its total guess work predicting anything and thats why you look silly with your predictions.. Things are changing for the better back in Britain while things are desperatley going badly wrong in Thailand so work that out for yourself

• Like 1

Unlike you i dont predict things and look silly all the time as you seem to be incorrect 99.9 % of the time..Its total guess work predicting anything and thats why you look silly with your predictions.. Things are changing for the better back in Britain while things are desperatley going badly wrong in Thailand so work that out for yourself

You seem to be hanging on a six year old thread which discussed the Baht's rise, let go of that, that was then and this is now, it's 2013! That fact notwithstanding you keep comming back to this thread either because you are seeking information on the subject matter or else you're a troll, which is it? Assuming it's the former:

If you would just set aside your emotions on this topic, along with your patriotism, and look objectively at the economic facts involved in the GBP/USD relationship you'd probably get along further and faster than you are doing presently, currently you're just trying to fight me and anything I say and that's pretty pointless and unproductive.

How's about you Google "GBP/USD forecast", and look at the many sites out there and see what the forex dealers have to say, then look at Reuters Markets News, look at Bloombergs and read the Daily Telegraph, read anything else that is accredited and begin to understand the factors involved in currency swings, why do they happen, what are the catalysts, what might happen, in other words, try and form an opinion of your own as a starting point rather than trying to borrow somebody else's and then getting upset when it doesn't give you the answer you wanted.

You seem to be hanging on a six year old thread which discussed the Baht's rise, let go of that, that was then and this is now, it's 2013! That fact notwithstanding you keep comming back to this thread either because you are seeking information on the subject matter or else you're a troll, which is it? Assuming it's the former:

If you would just set aside your emotions on this topic, along with your patriotism, and look objectively at the economic facts involved in the GBP/USD relationship you'd probably get along further and faster than you are doing presently, currently you're just trying to fight me and anything I say and that's pretty pointless and unproductive.

How's about you Google "GBP/USD forecast", and look at the many sites out there and see what the forex dealers have to say, then look at Reuters Markets News, look at Bloombergs and read the Daily Telegraph, read anything else that is accredited and begin to understand the factors involved in currency swings, why do they happen, what are the catalysts, what might happen, in other words, try and form an opinion of your own as a starting point rather than trying to borrow somebody else's and then getting upset when it doesn't give you the answer you wanted.

Because i dont need to.. I dont trade in anything i just see a stronger pound due to things improving in Britain and things going bad in Thailand.. 47.8 dont forget your prediction of it not getting any better in the near future..thumbsup.gif

Because i dont need to.. I dont trade in anything i just see a stronger pound due to things improving in Britain and things going bad in Thailand.. 47.8 dont forget your prediction of it not getting any better in the near future..thumbsup.gif

And I don't trade either, I have no need, but the subject interests me.

And if I said "it's not going to get any better soon", that's hardly a prediction, it's more of an opinion in the same way a person might say, "I think it might rain today"!.

But if the reader came to the thread hoping for definitive answers and an expectation that the forum provides expert opinions on forex matters, more fool them. - this is a social networking site where people talk about and get involved in the things that interest them, posters float ideas, some facts and some concepts, others challenge those things and answers may evolve, trolls interject when they get have nothing better to do.

But let's be perfectly clear, this thread is not a place that can provide every joe with his personal answer to where exchange rates are going to be at any point in time, simply, nobody on the planet has that ability so best wise up to that soon.

Yawn ....... At the Bickering

Didn't read it but please.

Predictions based on theories is one thing; write or wrong, does not matter- the point is to stimulate debate and thoughts processes. If so e else thinks otherwise and reasons it out well then great , that's another point of view. The thread is all the richer for it. This you said this or that is so pointless and boring though, childish even, ofcourse no one will be right perhapse even more than half the time. The people on TV aren't even and they are paid for opinions. Just the debate is what counts. So can we please be civilised about it.

I think £ will mostly hover around 50 until some big news sends it either way.

Saftey first,,,,,, don't forget the spam

Yakdey yak ..... And a bitta gold to

Good night

• Like 1

Yawn ....... At the Bickering

Didn't read it but please.

Predictions based on theories is one thing; write or wrong, does not matter- the point is to stimulate debate and thoughts processes. If so e else thinks otherwise and reasons it out well then great , that's another point of view. The thread is all the richer for it. This you said this or that is so pointless and boring though, childish even, ofcourse no one will be right perhapse even more than half the time. The people on TV aren't even and they are paid for opinions. Just the debate is what counts. So can we please be civilised about it.

I think £ will mostly hover around 50 until some big news sends it either way.

Saftey first,,,,,, don't forget the spam

Yakdey yak ..... And a bitta gold to

Good night

It might just be mccw that this is a debate that can't be had here, the desire to examine factors associated with exchange rate movements seems incompatible with the desire to know with certainty what day of the week posters can transfer funds, I think it's probably time to stop trying to be honest.

I've just bought at 59 which suits nicely, if the GBP/USD side doesn't go as planned I'm still safe as regards USD/THB, we''ll see.

Thought you didn't trade CM -but i think it's a good buy.

I don't, it's all about wealth preservation and insurance, anyway, what's one to do with Pounds these days, nobody seems to want them and there's hardly any return on them..

I think most people deal in THB to the extent that they need it in order to live here so it's more a case of trying to get the best deal, there are times however when it's advantage to buy THB simply as an investment, 2005 was one such time although that was very much a one off I suspect - well done on the JPY though.

I've just bought at 59 which suits nicely, if the GBP/USD side doesn't go as planned I'm still safe as regards USD/THB, we''ll see.

I don't, it's all about wealth preservation and insurance, anyway, what's one to do with Pounds these days, nobody seems to want them and there's hardly any return on them..

there's no return on any cash which exceeds inflation.

• Like 1

Stocks and shares ISA if one qualifies.

Edited by yoshiwara