GBP to THB Exchange Rate

I think what happened was: Yellen is nominated as new (moderate) Fed head, USD strengthens, no early end to QE likely so THB strengthens also and GBP/THB falls as a result, albeit only slightly (16:20 BKK).

EDIT: Food for thought: what will happen to USD when this budget nonesence gets settled, which it will, and what will be the impact on THB pairs?

Bump, anyone?

Logically we should excpect USD to strengthen further and we've already seen some of that this week.

Edited by chiang mai

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think what happened was: Yellen is nominated as new (moderate) Fed head, USD strengthens, no early end to QE likely so THB strengthens also and GBP/THB falls as a result, albeit only slightly (16:20 BKK).

EDIT: Food for thought: what will happen to USD when this budget nonesence gets settled, which it will, and what will be the impact on THB pairs?

Bump, anyone?

Logically we should excpect USD to strengthen further and we've already seen some of that this week.

Or risk on with us stability/ raise in debt ceiling and money returns to EMs = bht strengthens against pound.

Basically could go either way.

My money for house purchase arrive today and I took the rate offered. Not up for gambling. I'm happy with how it is now considering when exchanged contracts the rate was 43-44. Close enough to 50 for me.

Bump, anyone?

what i see is weakening Dollar across the board except vs GBP.

Bump, anyone?

what i see is weakening Dollar across the board except vs GBP.

Yes agreed, the strengthening I refered to is against GBP.

Bump, anyone?

Or risk on with us stability/ raise in debt ceiling and money returns to EMs = bht strengthens against pound.

Yes, a very real possibility.thumbsup.gif

What is slightly worrying in that sceanario is a reminder that GBP is currently at the top of its game, great if it can stay there but history tells us that it will not. So I wonder how many TV viewers have taken advantage of 50+ and how many are still waiting, in the hope it will improve.

What is slightly worrying in that sceanario is a reminder that GBP is currently at the top of its game, great if it can stay there but history tells us that it will not. So I wonder how many TV viewers have taken advantage of 50+ and how many are still waiting, in the hope it will improve.

I changed 5k at 50.

I'm waiting for 52 to change more.

I would say the UK is at the bottom of it's game, 50 was because Thailand is even lower.

I see Britain doing better (interest rates going up) and Thailand doing worse (all the scams rice/cars/trains), much worse (no comment).

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

Interest rates going up, that'll be a good trick that would nicely kill GDP as mortgage holders default en-masse and the banks become insolvent through bad loan portfolio's!

And would you like to discuss debt (not deficit)?

Just to be clear: when I said that GBP is at the top of its game I refer to the current economic cycle and by comparison to the the other players at this point in time. I did not mean to imply that the UK has reached its maximum potential.

I changed 5k at 50.

I'm waiting for 52 to change more.

I would say the UK is at the bottom of it's game, 50 was because Thailand is even lower.

I see Britain doing better (interest rates going up) and Thailand doing worse (all the scams rice/cars/trains), much worse (no comment).

looks like 52 is a long way off,the last 2days the gbp is down against the dollar,the euro,hk$ and the baht.

if you get tooo greedy fiftytwo it wont happen.

USD increasing ? blink.png

crazy markets who knows but ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24487034

There's a lot of scaremongering and "what if" articles out there but most sensible commentators seem to believe the current budget difficulties will be resolved.

they may kick the can but don't you think that confidence in the USD is slowly being eroded , whether next week or next year

US borrowing crisis 'days away from danger', says World Bank head http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24511283 WORLD FINANCE OFFICIALS FOCUS ON GLOBAL RISKS http://bigstory.ap.org/article/pressure-us-global-economy-meetings-near-end

USD increasing ? blink.png

crazy markets who knows but ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24487034

There's a lot of scaremongering and "what if" articles out there but most sensible commentators seem to believe the current budget difficulties will be resolved.

they may kick the can but don't you think that confidence in the USD is slowly being eroded , whether next week or next year

US borrowing crisis 'days away from danger', says World Bank head http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24511283WORLD FINANCE OFFICIALS FOCUS ON GLOBAL RISKS http://bigstory.ap.org/article/pressure-us-global-economy-meetings-near-end

It's certainly not doing it any good but there again, it is the reserve currency in use on the planet at present. I think a lot of the budget nonesence is just that, nonesence and game playing which most folks can't take too seriously.

More than 600,000 unemployed migrants from across the European Union are living in the UK, according to a survey seen by the Sunday Telegraph.

The 291-page report - commissioned by the Brussels commissioner for employment and social inclusion, Laszlo Andor - found there were 611,779 "non-active" EU migrants in the UK last year compared with 431,687 in 2006 - a 42% increase.

The total number of jobless migrants is greater than the population of Glasgow.

While between 2005 and 2006 the growth of non-active EU migrants in the UK stagnated, since 2006 it has been steadily rising, the report said.

The newspaper said that the number of people arriving without employment had increased by 73% in the three years to 2011.

More than 600,000 unemployed migrants from across the European Union are living in the UK, according to a survey seen by the Sunday Telegraph.

The 291-page report - commissioned by the Brussels commissioner for employment and social inclusion, Laszlo Andor - found there were 611,779 "non-active" EU migrants in the UK last year compared with 431,687 in 2006 - a 42% increase.

The total number of jobless migrants is greater than the population of Glasgow.

While between 2005 and 2006 the growth of non-active EU migrants in the UK stagnated, since 2006 it has been steadily rising, the report said.

The newspaper said that the number of people arriving without employment had increased by 73% in the three years to 2011.

we expat pensioners can read this with interest,the no. thats been quoted is more than the pensioners with frozen pensions,so i say let them all FREEZE.

It should be an interesting week this week, some key dates to watch for:

Tuesday the UK inflation report is due (markets expecting CPI to fall to 2.6 from 2.7%);

UK unemployment numbers due on Wednesday (markets expecting a fall from 7.7 to 7.6%);

Thursday is the US budget deadline (most folks expecting an anticlimax).

Any deviation from the above could impact GBP.

Tuesday the UK inflation report is due (markets expecting CPI to fall to 2.6 from 2.7%);

UK unemployment numbers due on Wednesday (markets expecting a fall from 7.7 to 7.6%);

To summarise: Something might happen which may impact on GBPTHB in an upwards or downwards direction or not as the case may be.

Ten out of ten for reading, comprehension and recall!

I forgot two:

RPI on Tuesday, estimating 3.2%, up from 3.0%:

Retail Sales on Thursday, the estimate is 0.5%.

If I spot any other meaningful indicators that have the potential to influence an individuals decision to exchange GBP or THB, I'll post them, if for no other reason than to annoy airways ho. blink.png

read older blogs of Evans-Richard and either weep or cheesy.gif

question: when will you Brits understand that the EU is here to stay and that it's in UK's best interest to be an influential member? clowns like Evans-Richard and Nigel Farage have been wrong all the time! and wrong have been all the resident ignorants who (till recently) posted naïve fourliners out of which three lines were derogatory comments as far as the EU is concerned.

disclaimer: i admit that there's a lot of big bullshit going on in Bruxelles. but that is partly based on the fact that a number of countries "deported" their unwanted and unsuccessful political clowns to Bruxelles where (it was thought) they can't cause too much harm. now slowly one realises that these buggers can do a lot of harm by inventing rubbish laws and regulations on top of wasting billions. the tide will change!

my advice: do some homework, look at figures/developments and try to arrive at your very own conclusions instead of parroting and applauding sensationalists.